SEUCK Game Creation Compo 2016
- NEW COMPO ... NEW RULES ... NEW CATEGORIES ... MORE FUN ...
Event Type :
1 April - 30 November 2016
Organizer Groups :
The New Dimension
Competition Results :
Productions released outside compos :
Submitted by Richard on 1 April 2016
|The compo is open to everyone... |
How entries should be submiitted:
- Entries are allowed to be in Standard SEUCK or Sideways SEUCK
- All entries must be your own work (Unless you are working with a group, with your production).
- Entries are Email based and can only be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Entries must be in .D64, .TAP or .PRG format, (or .vsf, .c64 format if you struggle to save your game on to .D64)
- Entries are preferred to be packed/crunched and runnable from BASIC. Use of Exomizer, ByteBoozer or PuCrunch are welcome. Submissions from save finished game state or Action Replay Freeze mode, are fine. I can fix the game up for you and put it together before uploading it on to the compo page.
- Entries automatically have title music added to the games, if you don't wish this to happen. Please let me know
- Loading pictures are not required
- Maximum of 5 entries allowed in the competition.
- Entries are evaluated and will be submitted to a certain category
- Please ensure an all data work file has been included with your submission. That also includes the MOD SQUAD and THE FULL WORKS
- Try to vary your own attack waves in the game. We don't want to see the same old, same old typical enemy just move down the screen all the time
- Entries should at least have a collectable object which (later on) can be reserved as a power up collectable (as main prize).
- Use of the TND SEUCK framework, and other SEUCK related resources on SEUCK School is welcome (Only applies to MOD SQUAD and FULL WORKS)
- (Applies to BACK TO BASICS and MOD SQUAD) If you are using the SEUCK front end editor, try to make your front end stand out. We don't want to see JUST a few words all the time. Make your title stand out.
- Old unreleased SEUCK games of your own are accepted. - Only if they don't appear elsewhere on the internet and stand out well. I will check for any existing releases before evaluating the compo entries.
- Submissions can be PAL or NTSC compatible (PAL is preferred). Language should be in English only. Don't worry if your submission uses another language, we will still accept it. However, should it win. The prize will use ENGLISH language only
- Entries may be split into seperate parts, should you wish to make something big for the competition. If you need a password system for your game, please feel free to use any Public Domain password maker tools, such as JCH CODER, etc. or ask me to link a passcode routine on to your game.
When submitting - Please provide the following:
Name of game:
Musician (if any):
Modifications (if any)
Things you should NOT do with your submissions
- No in game enhancements are required (Unless you are selecting the MOD SQUAD or THE FULL WORKS CATEGORY)
- Do not use graphics / assets from commercial game titles, or other people's games
- Do not use copyrighted material from films, books, video games, etc as the name of your game.
- Do not use your entry to exploit other individuals or groups or cause conflict.
- Do not use example attack waves, graphics or sounds from example SEUCK game demos. They must be your own sounds.
- Do not rush your game. We don't want to see rushed games, with ugly graphics and lack of gameplay. That would not suit compo standard
- Do not use obscene material, such as swearing, scenes of adult nature
- Do not use example demo games from the original SEUCK. Such as attack waves, etc. That is just plain lazy ;)
- Try not to make your game too short. This will be classed as a demo. Although we will accept demo games.
- Try to not put in too many sprites on the same screen. This will cause SEUCK slowdown syndrome.
- Do not rip logos and assets from existing demos, games, etc if they are not classed as your own work.Recycling of your sprites / background graphics from existing games of your own work is okay.
- All compo entries must be exclusive. If you are a CSDB / Scene member, please try to not upload your game on to CSDB until AFTER the entry gets uploaded on to the compo page.
- NO SELF-VOTING when the voting phase takes place. If the game is yours, when you're voting it must be marked as a '0'.
- Updated submissions of previously released games will not be accepted
- SEUCK Redux is not allowed to be used.
- No trainers/spoilers
Submitted by Richard on 5 March 2016
|Exclusive remote entries are welcome right now, but the compo with rules starts April 2016.||