Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Kick Assembler Thread 2
2009-07-21 17:20
Slammer

Kick Assembler Thread 2

The previous thread took a little long to load, so this is a new fresh one..

... 590 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-11-15 16:55
Magic Man
Account closed

I get the bug at any time when I build and run from sublime3. Only when I add the work around I posted above it works all the time. It is regardless if it is the first time after restart or not. It either works (with workaround fix) or it doesn't work (without the fix).

I try the one with the commands. When I added a command which wasn't filled I got an error that all arguments have to be set so I didn't dogged into it. I give it a try thank you :-)

~Stephan
2015-11-22 20:21
Slammer

I finally got time to look at the Vice problem and might have found a solution.

First of all, the bug seems to have nothing to do with Kick Assembler. A simple test program in a few lines can trigger it. Seems like it is Vice and Java on OSX El Capitan that don't like each other. I made a little test program that start up 4 programs, one of them is Vice, and the only one crashing is Vice. Vice is run with no parameters, so it can't be a half written .prg file or breakpoint file that makes it crash.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but OSX complains about Vice using some deprecated libraries on each startup:

1. "using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h"

2. "The gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.1 instead of 10.11.1. This is not a bug in Gestalt -- it is a documented limitation .Use NSProcesssInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number."

I guess there are timing issues involved, since the bug come and goes.

However I managed to tweak it to work, atleast it seems so (you never know for sure with timing issues involved). Explicitly redirecting the stdout and errout seems to make a difference. THERE IS A NEW VERSION ON THE WEBSITE NOW. Try downloadling it, and if you get the error then send the file 'ExecuteOutputLog.txt' to me.
2016-01-10 00:02
Jammer

Does Kickass allow for using parametric memory block labels? I need to save series of prg files with filename and suffix like 001 002 003. Is fixed string value is the only option? Whatever I try, I get block with label 'Unnamed' ;)
2016-01-10 00:13
chatGPZ

Quote:
Any Vice-Guys here who can tell if there is a log that could cast some light on why Vice exits just after launching?

the OSX port is currently unmaintained and subject for deletion - the VM we are using to at least keep it in a state that it compiles is running 10.8 (mountain lion) for that matter. anything after that.... no idea, noone cares apparently. there is no log other than what is printed to console for that matter :)
PS: anyone who is interested in keeping the OSX port alive is invited to freenode #vice-dev :)
2016-01-10 09:11
ruk

Quote:

the OSX port is currently unmaintained and subject for deletion - the VM we are using to at least keep it in a state that it compiles is running 10.8 (mountain lion) for that matter. anything after that.... no idea, noone cares apparently. there is no log other than what is printed to console for that matter :)
PS: anyone who is interested in keeping the OSX port alive is invited to freenode #vice-dev :)

Say what? I bet there are a lot of us using OS X as the preferred weapon of choice.
If VICE wasn't on OS X, I really wouldn't know what to do :-(
Guess I'll be joining #vice-dev... Anyone care to join me?

PS. I recently submitted a patch for bug #637 (Keyboard presses cause lag in Vice for MacOS) and reported some other stuff while at it.
2016-01-10 17:07
JackAsser

Quote: Quote:

Say what? I bet there are a lot of us using OS X as the preferred weapon of choice.
If VICE wasn't on OS X, I really wouldn't know what to do :-(
Guess I'll be joining #vice-dev... Anyone care to join me?

PS. I recently submitted a patch for bug #637 (Keyboard presses cause lag in Vice for MacOS) and reported some other stuff while at it.

I'm sure both me and Mr.Sid can contribute, being Cocoa-developers... :)
2016-01-10 17:09
Frantic

I can't really contribute to the coding part of this, for various reasons, but being a mac user (10.10.5) I could at least do some testing if needed.
2016-01-10 17:26
JackAsser

Quote: Hi, A couple of questions..

How are you guys experiencing the Vice-early-exit bug under El Capitan? Do you always get it or is it only sometimes? Right now it seams to me its only first time after a restart of the OS and I never get it when running from Eclipse.

Perhaps some timing issues are involved. If Vice need some info given by java (environment settings? Startup dir?) and java is terminating before vice has read those, it might cause Vice to crash. Any Vice-Guys here who can tell if there is a log that could cast some light on why Vice exits just after launching?

Run it through dtruss (https://opensourcehacker.com/2011/12/02/osx-strace-equivalent-d..) and check if there is some active exit or a crash. It might try to open a resource that it can't find (-1 on open()) that you'll see etc.
2016-01-11 14:05
Jammer

I need to compile bin without first two bytes but I constantly get 'Warning. Allready have an inputfile. Wont use '-binfile'
' everytime. What should I do?
2016-01-11 16:56
Slammer

Jammer: Could you post the line you use to run KickAss. That would make it easier to see whats going on.
Previous - 1 | ... | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | ... | 61 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Low Spirit
iAN CooG/HVSC
St0fF/N30PLA51A/tOM
SigmaZeven/Alpha Fli..
Operator Teleksu
Youth