Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #122077 : Pixcen
2013-10-12 22:51
CRT

Release id #122077 : Pixcen

Hi all!

I'm opening this forum for Pixcen. Please post your feature requests and bug reports here if possible to keep the comment section clean(er).

As of this weekend (2013/10/12) I have hopefully fixed a crash (as reported by Dr.Science & Bamse), changed some menu items and implemented mirror/flip, shift and rotate on selected areas. To be uploaded.

... 134 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-11-28 14:01
CRT

grasstust: Sorry about that, I made a few fixes and then panic fixes to fix the fixes :-) Very active development. Just uploaded a version that can load again.
2013-11-28 16:01
Magnar

CRT, why not just add a better true color convert formula to your pixcen, and we can all forget about Project One for good? I would love it as the only thing I actually use Project One for right now is converts :)

And - there are even quite buggy converts in Project One. For example, I saved a bitmap file once and wanted to convert it back to koala, and the colors just got so wrong... It should have been able to identify it 100% match, since it was a koala from start off before saved as bitmap...

Not fun sit redraw things with "Paint" in one window and Pixcen in the other.
2013-11-28 16:27
grasstust

CRT: I updated twice today, and have the latest, the imports are still garbage.
2013-11-28 16:28
Oswald

yeah, I can help in how the p1 converter works, its not rocket science, tho I tweaked the hell out of it back then.

Magner - when converting from screenshot with p1 you should use the RGB/YUV color recognition mode. "Color sensitive" just tries to pick from predefined gradients based on SRC hue - I just copyed what Mirage did in Timanthes. (to give credit) It will never get the original color back.
2013-11-28 18:43
CRT

grasstust: It's possible I screwed up the versioning of the last update so it didn't refresh. I just added a cache reload on the version checking. I did experience problems with Pixcen receiving a cached old version number when checking. Now everything should be good after the 5th panic update of the day :-)

Magnar/Oswald: I'm happy to inherit some RGB conversion routines. Though for me personally, converting graphics with Pixcen have not been a priority and it's going to stay low on my TODO list for some time to come.

Oswald: I just made a hack on my work computer using a memory back buffer and then blitting. The rendering is now A LOT faster. Though this could potentially cause an extra unnecessary memcopy on computers whos drivers didn't have the sluggish refresh problem earlier. I will put the rendering back buffer as default but there will be an option to disable it in the next update.
2013-11-29 01:34
grasstust

Ah! It works again! Great! Hey, how about a sprite single-colour over multicolour overlay function, I would love that!
2013-11-29 04:44
CRT

Just one more update, some interesting stuff. The changelog is culmnative for some of the panic updates during the day.

Revision 4478
-Fix/workaround for MC Char RGB import issue.
-Color RAM save.
-MC char mode color RAM fix.
-Cache reload when looking for updated version over HTTP.
-Improved windows rendering with back buffer.
-Single color bit count bug fix.
-Preview window can now be zoomed and moved with the mouse.

The window rendering should be a lot faster on some computers and hopefully unchanged on computers that already ran Pixcen well before.

The bitmap in the preview window can be zoomed and moved with the mouse. Some old news is that you can have multiple preview windows open, that feature makes more sense now.

The source is lagging behind a bit but it will be updated during the weekend.
2013-11-30 20:40
wacek

Great tool!
Awesome for quick works. Tested it a lot with my latest release and anim screens, worked flawlessly (which means in my case generating proper, ordered hires b/w bitmap).

One small thing I miss is the load-address option. Fe, when saving to .bit, I would still like to have $00 $20 as the first 2 bytes so it is loadable properly via D64 (it is set up properly on Art Studio format, for example).

Not a huge thing of course, I can add that with some hex editor, but becomes a pain in the ass when you have to fix lots of files (animation frames :D).
2013-11-30 22:08
CRT

wackee: Thanks for the input! The current buffer dump formats are binary. You want a PRG buffer dump. I didn't bother with PRG earlier since most cross assemblers can include binary.. But, clearly, PRG format can come in handy so I will add it to the next update.

grasstust: That would be cool but at this point it's a bit too specialized. At some point I will most likely deal with sprite overlay features and your wish will be granted.
2013-12-01 16:10
CRT

New update.

Revision 4491
-GPL3 license
-Restore view added in menu and with Home key
-Pixel Aspect Ratio added for preview window (PC, PAL and NTSC)
-Save selection added to file menu. It's now possible to save individual sprites or images from a larger bitmap.
-Status information for marker.
-Renamed .bit extension to .map.
-Fixed a bug in preview where the initial image was not centered.
-PRG save with address dialog for all binary dump formats.
-Fix for lock/cripple status not being set to default of individual back buffers.
-Fixed some inconsistencies in file loading.
-Snap to cell feature added. Easier to select with marker.
-Escape key will properly reset any marker.
-Revision number in About dialog

Hopefully nothing too broken.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 15 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Matt
Scooby/G★P/Light
mutetus/Ald ^ Ons
Guests online: 108
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)