Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #122077 : Pixcen
2013-10-12 22:51
CRT

Release id #122077 : Pixcen

Hi all!

I'm opening this forum for Pixcen. Please post your feature requests and bug reports here if possible to keep the comment section clean(er).

As of this weekend (2013/10/12) I have hopefully fixed a crash (as reported by Dr.Science & Bamse), changed some menu items and implemented mirror/flip, shift and rotate on selected areas. To be uploaded.

... 134 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-10-14 13:25
grasstust

8: An autosave feature would be very nice!

9. How about being able to open more than one pic at a time? Would be nice to be able to copy something from one pic to another.
2013-10-14 13:46
Shine

As is wrote in my pm to you:

1. Shortcut to 100% view
2. Exchange one color with another color in whole picture (or selected areas) (color1[x,y]:=color2[x,y])
3. Show amount of used uniqe chars
2013-10-14 15:09
CRT

Thanks for the comments and inputs!

@grasstust & @Shine:
Different options on how to handle color overflow are planned (overwrite, ignore, fill, etc). Actually there are already some code for it but it's not enabled.

@grasstust & @FATFrost:
A native OS-X version or Linux version is currently far off. I would have to rewrite all the GUI from scratch. Perhaps as a version 2 in the future.

@grasstust:
Different arrows/cursors are planned.

I will have to check the horizontal alignment with the vertical direction :-)

I can make the cell window optional with a toggle under view.

The GPX format is already saving a few extra settings as well as some undo history. It can also save odd sized images, chars, sprites or hires. But if you exclusively work in multicolor bitmap/koala you are of course free to load and save in koala format.

The preview window will get an overhaul soon (Creeper have been asking for it too): Scroll, zoom, PAL and NTSC emulation. The slow update was made with performance in mind. Internally Pixcen stores the graphics in more or less VIC2 format. Fefreshing the views are a bit expensive on slower systems but I do have some ideas how to solve it.

Autosave is a good idea!

Multiple pictures: You can already open a second Pixcen and copy/paste between. But perhaps an MDI view mode would be better. I will consider it some more.

@Shine:
100% view and even some overhaul of the view scrolling will be implemented.

A color/mask remapping is planned.

Number of unique chars used is available in char mode (look at the bottom status bar). You can convert a bitmap/hires to chars by switching mode under the "Mode" menu. Don't forget to save first as a mode switch will kill undo history and destructive color conversions can happen. Multi-color char mode is currently limited to 3 color + background but I have plans for color RAM / mixed single color mode as well.

----

Last night I got single color sprite mode working. Multi-color sprites will follow. This, a lot of other fixes and features should be ready by the next weekend.
2013-10-15 12:08
grasstust

Sounds good to me! Keep it up!

Oh, one more feature request: When marking an area and pressing BACK SPACE, I would like to fill that area with the background color.
2013-10-15 12:37
Shine

<REQ>
Copy & Paste:

What about a "background" color which is "transparent"?
If i copy a rectangle area the background color is replaced too. But it would be better if i could choose a transparent background color during copy & paste.
2013-10-15 14:14
CRT

@Shine:

Yes a good idea. What about a "Masked Paste" as CTRL+Shift+V or some other key combo where the currently selected background color is masked.

Simple to implement.
2013-10-17 09:14
Shine

<REQ>
Copy & Paste:

What about a "freehand" copy?
If i need to copy areas which are not square or rectangle.
(maybe select pixel by pixel mode; selectable sub areas).
2013-10-17 10:29
Oswald

why dont you just do all this fancy stuff in an appropriate pc editor, then convert and final touchup in the c64 crosstool?

it's not like a hobby coder has all the time in the world to duplicate every PS function and what not. :)
2013-10-17 21:30
grasstust

First and foremost because non of the other paint programs has a 3-colour limiter, and at least I am kind of lost without it. It's also nice to have an all-in-one package and a program that is focused on doing the thing you want and nothing else.

What in the world are you talking about "all the time in the world". Being responsible for some of my favourite C64-productions, you of all people must know how much you're willing to sacrifice for a project powered by passion. Ofcourse you know this, but some of the productions on this board have been in development for ridiculous amounts of time.

The funny thing is... I'm making the transition from your Project One to this (because Project One is unstable and lacks a few features I'd like). I won't ask why you've stopped developing it, but be grateful for you having done so much for it in the first place, resulting in me making graphics again. So thanx! :)
2013-10-17 23:23
CRT

I accept all feature requests. Many things requested I have already thought of but requests helps me prioritize. Some requests are really simple to implement, others are heavier and postponed and some I will just ignore :-)

My design idea with Pixcen is to keep it fairly low level (Koala paint / Ultrafont) but with many modern conveniences. I do encourage people to make the first draft in a higher level app like GIMP/Photoshop and then import (don't forget about pixel aspect ratio).
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 15 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iAN CooG/HVSC
hedning/G★P
Guests online: 311
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)