Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #155985 : Platman Worlds +10D [sales version]
2017-05-06 06:32
Smasher

Release id #155985 : Platman Worlds +10D [sales version]

let's copy the comments here into the forum. Molloch plz do the cleanup and re-enable the comments :)

---
Submitted by Dr.Strange [PM] on 5 May 2017
Crack release of the final sales version of Platman Worlds.
Support the developer and buy a copy of the original game.
Digital: https://psytronik.itch.io/platman-worlds-c64
Disk: http://binaryzone.org/retrostore/index.php?main_page=product_in..

---
Submitted by ZeSmasher [PM] on 5 May 2017
"support the developer", "if you like this game buy it coz we did", etc, clearly belongs to the warez scene, with all its contradictions.
IMHO sales will increase if you publish the download link, not if you hide it. "this game was cracked for testing purposes", sometimes this kind of advertising(?) does work.

---
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 5 May 2017
leetcraxxors don't want to bite the hand that feeds them :)

---
Submitted by xIII [PM] on 5 May 2017
I thought the purpose of cracking a game was to spread the warez in the scene so nobody has to buy it... but that's probably so 1988.

---
Submitted by Groepaz [PM] on 5 May 2017
its not about bragging rights and points for some charts?

---
Submitted by Compyx [PM] on 6 May 2017
I'm confused about the "[sales version]" thing, is there a non sales version and where is the crack of that?
And @xIII: I don't think crackiung was ever about providing people with free games, it's the challenge of breaking the protection. Though I fail to see how any of these modern 'cracks' can be considered proper cracks.

---
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 6 May 2017
Call it "release" instead of "crack" then. It's CSDb that has the release type "crack" for all games and stuff that was altered, trained etc. As you can see nobody is credited for cracking here, so I can't see where you see Atlantis saying they did.
Not adding a official DL-link for commercial games these days is what most groups do not to drag down the sales. The game dev community is small as it is. And to be honest - if you want the crack you know exactly who to ask or where to go.
Regarding the [sales version] tag, I believe it is added because this is the version that is actually sold, unlike the previous leaked version, but I am not the one that should answer I guess. But that is my guess.

---
Submitted by ZeSmasher [PM] on 6 May 2017
@hedning, my 1st comment was meant for the "summary" field, where there are the posted links with advertise to buy the original.
the question is: not to publish the links of a crack/release will make a commercial game sell more or less?
with other words, who will win between "hey, nice screenshots here, a pity I cant D/L it, so let's buy it!" and "cool game, I enjoyed playing it, so let's buy the floppy with cover for my collection and support the developers as they really deserve it".
you said the 1st, while I doubt for a small retro scene like ours and I vote for the 2nd.

---
Submitted by Compyx [PM] on 6 May 2017
@hedning:
Maybe I was a little crass, I guess my old school spirit reared its ugly head.
And sure, I know where to find the cracks, no need for dl links here. But I don't think I complained about that.

---
Submitted by Moloch [PM] on 6 May 2017
Nice conversation for the forums -> comments closed

---
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Earthshaker/Silicon ..
Laurent
iAN CooG/HVSC
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
Case/Padua
Guests online: 312