Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #2621 : BCC Party #12
2017-07-29 19:55
TheRyk

Event id #2621 : BCC Party #12

Good news, inspite of my leaving Berlin (just kidding, that was never a threat to the continuity of the party) and the old location no longer being rented to us (that was the true reason for doubt), the team has found a new place in the same district, so there WILL(!) be a BCC#12 in 2018! \o/

Short info:
free entry, donations welcome
competitions and prizes
breakfast and bbq
free coffee and tea
outdoor space w/o cars

Registration (in a perfect world on our homepage and not only here or on Facebook) is obligatory, this time, to help us planning. Here's the registry form:
http://berlinc64club.de/events/4/bcc-12/
(scroll a little)

We guess, about 40 people with plus 40 people without old erhm own hardware should fit. At the moment we do not expect that we have to close registration due to being overrun, but you never know :)

Place is called "Vereinshaus Goldregen", it's the club house of a Schrebergarten (<- German word for allotment gardens) colony, hence the tag line.

More info will follow in due time, here or on our homepage.

Cheers
Ryk

... 26 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-02-12 23:24
TheRyk

OK here's what I've got for you after communicating with Hoeppie and Thunder again:

Fri
12:00 high noon remote entry deadline... in case of emergency you may(!) submit later but I can't guarantee anything as I'm not gonna be on an 8 bit party to idle around on the Internet and check my emails 24-7 you know...
15:00 official door opening (if you arrive an hour earlier or sth and have nothing else to do, you can help building up), find some cosy corner, unpack your stuff, meet people, have some beer maybe
18:00 BYOBAMBBQ - bring your own beer and meat BBQ, so at 6pm there'll be some grill hot enough to forge iron, but if you wanna use it, buy some sausages or meat or whatever, we'll tell you where to find supermarkets
20:00 official party beginning, hopefully short welcome speech by orga team
21:00 surprise...

Sat
08:00-10:00 1st breakfast - organized by whosoever is sober at that unchristian time, so definetely not me
between 09 and 14:00 TheRyk will show up with some more buns and breakfast, other guys will show you around in Berlin-Neukölln (Whiskey-Hypermarket, food stores, booze stores (Spätkauf), fast food temples, whatnot
or you let yourself be photographed and digitized on a real C64 like on German fares in the 80s, a 9 needle printer 320x200 selfy :)
afternoon: demos, SIDs, surprise... ;)
18:00 deadline for live entries
also grill is hot again for BYOBAMBBQ or you try a local kebap, no vegetarian Chili this year, sorry, new location means, we've got no kitchen anymore
20:00 Compo Show & Voting (supposed to be accessible via any WiFi gadget like smartphone, tablet, netbook, apple toys whatever)
23:00 (???) Surprise

Sun
08:00-10:00 Breakfast (not my time, but no further comment)
12:00 (???) Prize Giving Ceremony
afternoon goodbye and cleaning the place

General Info
- Once more, there is _NO_ENTRANCE_FEE_ but we hope you donate to help paying rent for our stash and organizing parties. Free earplugs, free coffee around the clock
- If you didn't book a hotel, bringing a sleeping bag etc and sleeping in the party room is allowed, but don't complain about party or snoring noise, we've got 100 pairs of earplugs for free for you :)
- It is allowed to bring own booze to the place
- There's a bar where you _CAN_ buy drinks, less than 3€ for a continental pint (0,5 l) and less than 2€ for a small pint, soft drinks (don't ask me, but moderate price I guess). You can also smoke there.
- Smoking is not allowed in the main party room. Remember, some people want to sleep there, also some of us are parents and bring over their kids at daytime. So please go to the bar or outside for a smoke and meet cool guys like myself there :)
- There is a second bar in the party room where you get free coffee, tea and other needful things :)
- Breakfast is also free (but as mentioned, I'm more the guy to take care of what German farmers name 2nd breakfast), so are BBQ sauces, bread and maybe some more. :)

Hope that helps or even motivates some more guys to attend!

Cheers

Ryk

PS: Trust us, we know what we're doing and keep getting better, i.e. our timetables have become less "flexible" in the past years, but you never know what happens, so be patient if the time table might get into conflict with reality, some delay might happen
2018-02-13 12:10
nomistake

Hey BCC fans and friends!

i was wondering if someone could give me a ride from braunschweig (A2) to the party in berlin - ofcourse i pay for some of the gas! i'd love to bring my c64 with me but i'd be happy to just have a seat in the car... please let me know and write a PM if it's possible.

thank you very much!
2018-02-14 13:08
Dr.j

there is live stream from the party ? (not for me..i am coming) for a friend who ask me .
2018-02-14 22:17
TheRyk

@how to get their issues/car pool: please also consider posting requests on forum64.de for being picked up somewhere in Germany

@DrJ/live stream: For you would have been a little strange indeed if you attend in persona :D Just kidding, seriously stream is unlikely/rather not. After the party there's gonna be a lot of picture and video footage again, but so far we've got enough to care for real party, no one in orga really cares for sofa sceners as of yet...
2018-02-15 00:48
Compyx

Live stream or it didn't happen
2018-02-15 13:58
Dr.j

@thyRyk : NP!! thanks for the replay.
2018-02-22 11:39
TheRyk

Hey guys,

almost on my way to the party, we've got a request. There's gonna be other 8 bit systems release(s) again. We've got pretty much all 8 bit C= computers and quite a lot hankypanky stuff (C64, C128, C16, DTV, SCPU) but we still have no C16 joysticks in our stash.

So it would be great if someone can help us out again either with C16 joy(s) or adapter(s).

In case you wanna release non C= 8 bit stuff (Atari, Amstrad, What-Not), please bring necessary hardware yourself just in case and inform orga asap

Thx a lot,
don't forget the deadline for remote entries is Fri 12:00 CEST high noon, for live entries (author or group member must deliver at party) 36 hours later.

Cheerio
Ryk
2018-02-22 13:27
c0zmo

Quoting TheRyk
don't forget the deadline for remote entries is Fri 12:00 CEST high noon, for live entries (author or group member must deliver at party) 36 hours later.

Amazing, so I can hand you my release AFTER the compos actually started? ;)
2018-02-22 13:53
TheRyk

Time Travel makes it possible :P

OK Sat, 18:00 minus Fri 12:00 is obviously 30 hours, not 36, stupid me ^^
2018-02-22 19:25
Luca

Quote: Hey guys,

almost on my way to the party, we've got a request. There's gonna be other 8 bit systems release(s) again. We've got pretty much all 8 bit C= computers and quite a lot hankypanky stuff (C64, C128, C16, DTV, SCPU) but we still have no C16 joysticks in our stash.

So it would be great if someone can help us out again either with C16 joy(s) or adapter(s).

In case you wanna release non C= 8 bit stuff (Atari, Amstrad, What-Not), please bring necessary hardware yourself just in case and inform orga asap

Thx a lot,

Cheerio
Ryk

Omg hope that nobody wanna play our new Plus/4 game with a terrible 1341! Take a common converter cable with you, instead! :D
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
wix
sebalozlepsi
Dr. Doom/RAD
csabanw
Quetzal/Chrome
algorithm