Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #160136 : Cookie +2D
2017-11-01 00:02
Moloch

Release id #160136 : Cookie +2D

Submitted by Tim [PM] on 1 November 2017
Hedning dropped you a private message with some details, hope that covers.

Other than that I'll cross check in the team we don't hog two release-boards at same time even if briefly.. I think that should be easily arranged.

Submitted by hedning [PM] on 31 October 2017
Tim: Stormfront on Reflections for a loong time (well over 45 minutes) until it crashed and you on Antidote for over 40 minutes at the same time made me suspicious. But it might be just a coincidence? I only have your word.

Submitted by Tim [PM] on 31 October 2017
sigh.. of all the evenings I decided to go back on the boards because of the chatter in the group about a preview and boards.

For the record:
- I finally got my account on our own board RapidFire working tonight (check post)
- I signed up for Frozen Floppy (check feedback)
- I signed up for The Hidden (check feedback)
- I tried signing up to reflections but can't get past the first selection
- And yes -> excuse me for reading up the last 80 or so posts on antidote from the 5000 or so messages I have not read the last decade.. I thought not going over all 5000 would be social.

Hedning you are more than welcome to check with the sysop for the log how I tried (and n00bishly) failed downloading G*P's Petunia multiple times because I can't get CGTerm to work and crashed on exit.. you didn't upload to csdb and I was curious to see it.. had I hogged the line you'd think I would have used it to our advantage.

It was Stormfront on Reflections for 45+ minutes, btw.

Submitted by Didi [PM] on 31 October 2017
However. Very oldschool, but very unfair and uncool as well.
We should have grown out of such behaviour. Just my 2 cents.

False accusations. Someone (dunno who) was holding Reflections for over 40 minutes and also Antidote was occupied forever (by Bordeaux). We had this version ready before calling the boards of course. I really hope noone planned this.

Submitted by Didi [PM] on 31 October 2017
Nice docs work.
Wasn't it boring blocking the boards for nearly an hour until Zyron was ready?
2017-11-01 03:30
chatGPZ

ROTFL. complaining about "hogging boards"? in 2017?! on a third party platform unreleated to boards?! jesus maria =D your silly firstrelease nonsense is getting better every day =D
2017-11-01 06:03
hedning

Quote: ROTFL. complaining about "hogging boards"? in 2017?! on a third party platform unreleated to boards?! jesus maria =D your silly firstrelease nonsense is getting better every day =D

Hallelujah! And even better: Did you know people are actually coding and making demos, music and graphics for a 35 years old computer with the help of completely unrelated modern machines? Completely crazy. I even heard some guys are fighting about who is the boss of a c64 demogroup, like teens! In 2017! Hilarious! Almost too good to be true. :D
2017-11-01 08:25
Krill

Now that comparison is walking with a limp a little. (Sorry, that phrase seems to have no English equivalent, but it sounds cool in German.)

I don't see the analogy to single-user remote logins in demo-coding, and pecking order fights people have been participating in until dying of old age since the dawn of time. :)
2017-11-01 09:03
Smasher

Well, many still use the real thing to code/paint/compose. Talking about myself I found that modern machines are very useful: using an IDE with a bigger screen to code and save on a hdd with unlimited space is way better (= easier, faster, etc) than dealing with floppies. same for pixeling. of course the same thing applies to "cracking": back in the days you needed a night to cruelcrunch the prg, a couple of hours with a REU, while today just a few seconds. I don't know who's still crunching stuff with a c64 today (with an emu at warp speed doesn't count).
what I'm trying to say is: we all evolved somehow, single-user logins seem to be a bottleneck.
2017-11-01 09:49
Krill

Indeed. Unless i'm missing something, i don't see how a vanilla C-64 couldn't handle at least 3 concurrent users.
2017-11-01 10:04
hedning

I was obviously ironic. Or I thought it was obvious. ;)
2017-11-01 10:32
iAN CooG

3 users! wow, that would solve the problems for sure (of course not)
2017-11-01 10:38
Smasher

@Hedning: your irony/sarcasm was detected. but old fashion bbs'es and so_called_today_cracking_1st_release_nonsense in general should evolve, even in a retro scene. coding/pixeling/composing did.
2017-11-01 11:16
chatGPZ

perhaps they should go back to mailtrading and PO boxes, so they can steal each others leetmails and then write notefiles telling each other how much they suck =)

and what zesmasher said, the demoscene evolved. the cracking "scene" on the other hand has been developing backwards in the past years, so much its just sad.

but its nice that people who never were involved into any proper scene ever stand up to defend its remains today :)
2017-11-01 11:58
hedning

Quote: @Hedning: your irony/sarcasm was detected. but old fashion bbs'es and so_called_today_cracking_1st_release_nonsense in general should evolve, even in a retro scene. coding/pixeling/composing did.

I think supporting the BBS scene is a good thing. And it has evolved. WiFi modems, telnet, 9600baud, soon to be fully working webbrowser clients, clients on EasyFlash etc etc. I don't see the problem supporting the BBS scene just like we support the other C64 scenes.

And Groepaz: I was not active in the cracking scene "back then", indeed. No need to slam that in my head, but a lot of the active guys of today were. As long you are not active today, your opinions don't count much; but I am the first to say welcome if you want to play this game.

... 9 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
HCL/Booze Design
hedning/G★P
Freeze/Blazon
MAT64
Herrera64
iceout/Avatar/HF