Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > In search of graphician(s)
2018-01-02 23:03
Tim
Account closed

In search of graphician(s)

Hello my dear friends of pixels ;)

You may have noticed that 2017 has been a fantastic year for us in Excess.

In short, we kicked off the year with a large 25 years team reunion, and since January have been working our butts off, on-and-off the scene. We grew in numbers slowly but steadily, and slightly taking us by surprise; we managed to bring our activity levels back to that of our glory days in the nineties.

2018 bringing a traditional fresh start, everyone’s batteries recharged over the holidays, we are now looking forward to our 26-years anniversary this month!

As much as we love nostalgia, this also means we get together and look ahead at things we want to do and achieve in this year.

Running up to our (now traditional) anniversary, there is something very high on our priority list:
To find a good graphician to join our family!

That’s why I am writing this post, hoping to find one or more of you guys on csdb interested in doing something new.

Our best case scenario would be to find someone interested in picking up the lead graphics role in our team.

Someone that could help us literally design what our future looks like, someone to take a seat at our table and talk with team members sharing ideas.

That said, we would also be very grateful to have guest artists work with us on one or more projects.. obviously not everyone has time, so that help would also be very welcome.

What can we offer our friends in the pixel scene?

- We have place for someone to take the lead graphics role in our team:
Help design what our future looks like (literally)

- Publishing frequency:
We are a not a demo group working for 2 years on a single production. Your pixels will be on creative productions more frequently and sooner, we currently have several running projects.

- We pose no competition to demo groups:
We have a friendly policy on members also wanting to be in a demo group.

- We aim on releasing for an audience as wide as possible.. PAL and NTSC, as well keeping in mind a lot of newcomers work with SD2IEC rather than more expensive devices.

- And last.. but certainly not least.. family!
Excess has a very long tradition being a fun, welcoming and very social group of friends! We have daily chatter amongst the crew, a few yearly social get-togethers, and obviously we like our fair share of scene parties too.

So.. hope I trigger someone's interest.. if so, please drop me a PM, I'd love to hear from you!

Bordeaux / Excess

ps.. although we might not currently have as many projects for other functions as graphics.. anyone with a skill is always welcome to drop me a PM for a chat.
2021-02-13 18:09
Firelord

Hi Tim.
As i read your posting here i could cry.Cry because there is almost no real future for further graphicans in Excess. It is a time ago since you left Excess so things have changed. And them to a sad way. In these days Logos are not such as important as you said. The most important persons are the coders. Unfortunalety me as an old shool graphican has to accept this bad situation. If there is no need for a pic ore Logo you can make hundrets of them but if they find no use, it is horrible.
So thats my situation here in these days. I make a diashow for all the Logos in 2020 because only a hand full of them would be used. It is realy sad to accept that.
May a better time will come for Graphicans..
Regards. Firelord...
2021-02-15 11:23
TheRyk

Not sure whether this is group-internal drama better to be sorted out internally than in public or some statement about the hard life of gfxians in general. Speaking from my experience, most gfxians are just lazy slackers ;)

However, if any EX (or other groups or freelance) gfxians feel bored or frustrated, go pixel some Mayday! Logo, if it's halfways good, I promise to use it :)
2021-02-15 11:29
chatGPZ

Quote:
Not sure whether this is group-internal drama better to be sorted out internally than in public

Are you drunk? Obviously it belongs here!
2021-02-15 13:10
Oswald

you can always make a slideshow with the logos, as was the tradition 20 years earlier.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
MagerValp/G★P
CA$H/TRiAD
psych
eryngi
Acidchild/Padua
hedning/G★P