Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > P1
2006-08-29 10:23
Oswald

P1

Project One V0.5

post bugreports, questions, feature requests here, should be a better place than the comment area of the release.

... 276 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-04-14 20:08
Oswald

"new version" is up: ftp://ftp.untergrund.net/users/oswald/p1_v06_setup.exe

now with an installer. I dont know if it will work on a p1 clean system, on my p1 infected one it seems to work okay.

- pic export fixed
- default slider values in the converter fixed(might be a cause for full grey converts)
- custom load seems to be working ok for me, only its very awkward to use, the whole gui&concept is messy there
- please note: no more png import, and can only export bmp (because p1 does not use a dll anymore which caused a lot of problems)
2010-04-14 20:28
Sampaguita
Account closed

Made a new, clean install. On importing (jpeg or bmp) I get:

hbtable_vicII.txt is missing from the application dir, cant import picture.

Throwing in an empty file, makes the message go away, but import seems broken.

edit: just used the file from a former 0.6version, but the result looks the same. :-?
edit2: Just set the "color adjustments" to default (no, I didn't do anything with it before) and now it seems working. :)
2010-04-14 21:10
Oswald

still a lot of little glitches. :)

- I'll have to change the location of those .txt tables to default to the app dir, so that different user/developer dir wont interfere (correct ones are included tho)
- projectone.ini contained not the default slider values, thats why you get a grey pic on first convert (contrast is 0)
2010-04-14 21:14
Isildur

Everything works perfect now on my P1 dirty install.
Thank You Oswald.

2010-04-14 21:38
sebalozlepsi

i would like to paint in P1 with NUFLI restrictions and to be able to save as NUFLI.
2010-04-14 21:59
Oswald

Quote: i would like to paint in P1 with NUFLI restrictions and to be able to save as NUFLI.

Seba, I think for NUFLI its easyer to paint without restrictions and then convert and fix up the bugs by hand. are you sure you want to decide line by line which sprite's color to change, etc ?
2010-04-15 07:47
enthusi

Leave P1 alone with NUFLI :)
As Oswald said: draw anywhere, convert and then do all details in the NUFLI -editor (which is part of the CrestSideStory release, together with the MUIFLI editor).

@Carrion: that what I meant with 'details'.

Starting out in NUFLI restrictions might be very hard / not reasonable. Im no graphician but fiddling with the Editor/Converter it turned out that the additional sprite-layer is hard to USE (one color for 6 chars width, 2 lines height).
You might as well start in AFLI and then add details in NUFLI.

The converter(s) are to be released soonish of course ;-)
If I were Oswald my handle would start with an O and I wouldnt want to add NUFLI support to an Pixel-Editor (he would have to add a proper import/converter anyway). Not just because it would not be fun, but also I doubt it makes any sense.

So Oswald, please focus and P1 as is and make it something you love ;)
2010-04-15 09:26
booker
Account closed

Ok :)

Current list of ppl who would like to have NUFLI in P1:

1.Booker
2.Carrion
3.Irwin
4.Sampaguita
5.Sebaloz

Current list of infidels who do not like to have NUFLI in P1:
1. Enthusi
2010-04-15 09:38
booker
Account closed

Quoting enthusi
Leave P1 alone with NUFLI :)
As Oswald said: draw anywhere, convert and then do all details in the NUFLI -editor (which is part of the CrestSideStory release, together with the MUIFLI editor).

What convert? :)

Also, I think the biggest advantage of PC editor is you can see the full size and zoomed image simultaneously.

Quoting enthusi

Starting out in NUFLI restrictions might be very hard / not reasonable. Im no graphician but fiddling with the Editor/Converter it turned out that the additional sprite-layer is hard to USE (one color for 6 chars width, 2 lines height).

What converter? :)

2010-04-15 10:38
Oswald

quoting deekay:

"NUFLI-Picture: 1 hires bitmap, FLI every second line (=all even lines) plus 1 spritelayer of 6 expanded hires-sprites over the first 39 chars (last one is plain AFLI) under the bitmap with possible colorchanges for the sprites every 2 lines (=every odd line)
NUFLI-bug: 1 hires bitmap, 6 lines of grey alternating with 2 lines of normal AFLI, plus one Mcol-spritelayer as the bottom layer (well, technically the unset bitmap color is at the very bottom, but in those 6 lines with grey that's grey, which you also have as set pixels in hires *over* the whole thing, so it doesn't make any sense!), one hires-spritelayer over it and set bitmap pixels (that's those 6 lines grey alternating with 2 lines AFLI again!) over that (that's 4 layers instead of 3 like inside the picture). colorchanges are possible for all four sprite colors (five possible switches in total every even line, one every odd line), depending on how many register switches are free (unused) inside the picture!"

are you still sure guys you want to draw in this manually ? :) btw. atmo I dont have time/motivation to add nufli support. keep the bugreports coming tho, fixing bugs doesnt takes much time :)
Previous - 1 | ... | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Scooby/G★P/Light
Acidchild/Padua
Martin Piper
Guests online: 153
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)