Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > Double Screen Compo Voting
2011-05-08 15:10
v3to

Double Screen Compo Voting

Okay - all entries are in and it is time for voting.

Take your time and check the pictures properly. If you like to check it on a C64, I'd recommend to turn off the volume, because music tends to alter atmosphere. Now here come the rules:

---
CHOOSE 3 FAVORITES - NO MORE - NO LESS
SEND YOUR CHOICE VIA PM TO ENTHUSI OR ME
OR BY MAIL TO << COMPO[AT SPAMSUCKS]C64PIXELS[DOT]COM >>
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR HANDLE/GROUP OR NAME
---

Deadline for voting is June 7th 2011 (know it is a long term but c64pixels-visitors are watching random)

Good luck to all contestants !

---
Looking Outward by Celtic, code by Zielok
Additional content according compo rules: Music
Format: MultiColor

---
Monroe 6569 by Diggr
Format: Charmode

---
Asteroidmine by Grass, code by Cruzer

---
The Raven by Dane
Additional content according compo rules: Dark red and dark grey are laced

---
CARGO by Twoflower, code by Cruzer
Additional content according compo rules: Music
Picture format: MultiColor, 4-colors, Colorscheme is matching Charmode

---
A Kind of Magic by Yazoo, code by Axis
Additional content according compo rules: Music, scrolltext (can be disabled by pressing spacebar)
Picture format: MultiColor

... 195 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2011-05-10 14:38
Shadow
Account closed

Quote: Wow, the competitors make this a difficult vote.

Downloading the entries I recognized it has become common behaviour to upload files in .prg format. Come on, this is still C64 and not VICE/CCS64 world. Give your programs a 16 chars file name and put them into a .t64 or .d64. Thanks.

Having files in PRG-format actually makes it easier for me to run it on my real C64!
If something is in .PRG format, I just copy it to MMC, insert into my MMC64, start and instantly have it running on the real deal.
If it is in D64 I have to either use D64Editor to extract the PRG, or copy the D64 to MMC, find an empty disk, sit through a whole disk transfer wait and then load. I often end up just using VICE instead.
So .PRG doesn't necessarily mean "VICE-only-lamers" :D
2011-05-10 15:12
JCB
Account closed

The only problem with disallowing copies is people might just go out of their way to find more obscure things. Thankfully Twoflower was honest enough to submit his source image to Veto so obviously wasn't trying to hide it, but who else on here knew where it was from apart from me?

For all anyone knows a picture like Asteroid Mine might still be "based" on an image, like a book cover, so not 100% original.

I suppose anyone who tries to get away with it just suffers more when/if they're finally found out.
2011-05-10 15:18
chatGPZ

demanding workstages usually works quite well to find out wether something is just a copy. if details pop up from nowhere, its usually clear why =)
2011-05-10 15:40
v3to

Heidi
2011-05-10 15:42
enthusi

gpz: side note: Id call last BP's 1st (!) and 3rd place a copy/convert...
2011-05-10 16:29
chatGPZ

as for plain converts, look at #7 =)

other than that, #1 certainly is no "plain copy" (but a collage), same for that heidi pic (although just adding some background is questionable, agreed).

there were much more questionable pics with workstages were half of the pictures emerges from nowhere =)
2011-05-10 17:21
Carrion

thanks mermaid for posting the referenced/copied pictures
you started this really interesting subject!

i wrote a long reply to this post thread but i struggled to post it since it wont bring anything new to what actually was said/writen here.
so let me just say few personal messages here before i lost the rest of my demoscene motivation….

@digger
... it is possible to pixel 2 (and even 3) screener in 14 hrs. with timanthes? no problem.

@mace
i did all the gfx for schizarrion in 2 months (while changing a job, building a new house and rising two demanding boys) exluding long weekends and easter holidays.
i'll post references (originals soon on my blog)
I say: if you like to do it then you just do it - whenever you have time and most important - fun of doing it :)

@booker
if there will be no convertrs/ inspired pics/copys/references allowed on Silesia party then you will have sebaloz + kool one from piesiu… but thats ok with me.

@hedning
thank you for you voice on the csdb voting system subject…
what i'll add to this system is a weight of the voter, like for example if the voter is in first 10 of best graphicians and he votes 10 for gfx piece it gets a higher weight that a first-time-voter who votes 10 if you know what i mean.

@mermaid
now i understand why you asked for a original of my Rose'09 picture :) i dont have problem with it since I never hide the fact that i copy or reference to something
(wait for my next post with all the references to schizarrion).

and at the end i just want to say that it is really amazing that Veto wanted to take a time to do c64pixels and this compo and its even kooler that we have differeces here at the forum and even like/hate eachother and fight with arguments. its really good to see that c64 is still alive i dont care who is right in this discussion as long as we have the discussions like that.

on the other hand we could have what atari guys have - a dieing demoscene ...

and YAZOO (my big VW backsit friend) is a winner here!!! if you think he is not then you'r a lamer

my personal top 3 for this compo is (from 1worst -10best)
yazoo - 9
digger - 7
celtic -6
2011-05-10 18:28
Cresh

Panie Tomaszu, nobody wants to ban unoriginal compo entries at Silesia.
The idea (I guess?) is to inform the audience before your entry is shown that it is based on this and that or it is 100% original. Quite fair, if there are people who care.
2011-05-10 19:17
Carrion

sorry for posting this here but i think it fits the discussion somehow
schizarrion references
http://carrionpixels.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/schizarrion-refer..
2011-05-10 20:19
JackAsser

I think Sinners All sums it up pretty well...
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 21 | 22 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
ready./Level64/HF
Andy/AEG
Krill/Plush
fegolhuzz
rexbeng
MagerValp/G★P