Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Project SIDFX (formerly known as SIDFIXER)
2015-12-20 13:29
Scarzix

Project SIDFX (formerly known as SIDFIXER)

Sorry for spamming you all, but regarding the DUAL SID hardware module SIDFX:

I mailed all PRE-ORDER contacts tuesday and I still miss a reply from 33% of you... please check your spam folder/email if there is any mail from sidfx-preorder@kick-ass.dk (16th december)

Thanks in advance.

There will be a registration site up shortly... so if you didnt pre-order/registrate already, you can also just mail me directly on the sidfx-preorder@kick-ass.dk mail address.

Cheers and merry X-mas to everyone!

... 177 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-12-24 16:39
Scarzix

Project SIDFX, dual SID any model in any C64/SX/128

https://youtu.be/shlYenJq_aY

Preorder on sidfx-preorder@kick-ass.dk (and yes, I have received all your other mails, but I am not done replying, so dont worry if you already mailed me on that address)
2015-12-24 22:30
Scarzix

Quote: Quite expensive, indeed. But good luck with the orders!

no second SID as you can use this for any SID model combination you like.

But what you do get is a product that gives you as noiseless SID output as possible, hotswap between any two SID models you place in the sockets... and you can also use them for dual/stereo mode for 6 channels joy.

The unit also comes with solderfree connection to the machines mainboard, so everybody should be able connect the 3 clamps themself.

Same with the two hardware switches that enables you to hotswap modes.

Ofcause the unit has its own internal bootloader that checks CSC of current firmware.. it has a default stealth mode so no demo or game will see the unit. its only when you trigger the right addresses that it activates itself...

the unit also detects the installed SID models, it also gives you a configurable digi fix and you can choose from three memory mappings for the 2nd SID .... again jumperless configurations...

but yes, it was supposed to land around 70 euro but the start cost pr batch this small is rather high + the euro went up through the past three years...

but ofcause, just like the Cameleon and the Ultimate... or the Reloaded board... its a matter of need / comfort / deluxe feeling.

besides that, the protocol also enables software to swap the primary chip automatically if the SIDplayer or demo utilizes it.

its not build to be cheap, its build to be the deluxe model of all dual sid solutions.

I can fully understand if 80 euro is too much for some of you in here, but for party organizors this is a really cool tool for playing the right SID model.
2015-12-24 22:50
CreaMD

I like it. Price doesn't matter. We are enthusiasts. The video shows that this piece is well thought out.
2015-12-26 02:05
Thierry

C64 Reloaded compatible?
2015-12-26 12:28
Scarzix

I cant test that, as I dont have access to a Reloaded. But it works with any SID model, so if the Reloaded is 100% compatible in hardware, I dont see why it wouldnt work.

I have seen the model with ZIF sockets though and putting a SIDFX on top of that might make it too high to fit beneath the keyboard, but thats a Reloaded decision, not something we can do much about I am afraid.

But I believe the montherboard and the SIDFX is compatible. The SIDFX is designd to be 100% stealth until you access certain bits in a certain order.

Thats why it also works with C128 and SX... they will never know ;-)
2016-01-06 16:55
AmiDog

I'm a little confused. There seems to be a nice config tool, so are the switches really needed?

I recently got a Reloaded board and went looking for a solderless stereo SID solution for it and found this thread. I have a feeling those clamps wont be able to hold on to the pins of the pin header J13 on the Reloaded. Any chance for a custom version with a suitable connector instead of clamps?
2016-01-07 10:44
Thierry

Quote: I'm a little confused. There seems to be a nice config tool, so are the switches really needed?

I recently got a Reloaded board and went looking for a solderless stereo SID solution for it and found this thread. I have a feeling those clamps wont be able to hold on to the pins of the pin header J13 on the Reloaded. Any chance for a custom version with a suitable connector instead of clamps?

I was wondering the same thing, if that is compatible with the C64 Reloaded can be offering next week ..
2016-01-07 17:27
Grue

I find it silly that reloaded didn't have 2 sid sockets and silence mods included on board, instead it boasted about being more compatible which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Use your normal c64 board for sidfx.
2016-01-07 20:46
Dano

I fear the bigger problem with the reloaded boards is to fit them into a new c64 case as it will rise too high and collide with the keyboard and such. so it will most likely just fit old breadbox cases - if any.

so one will actually need some adapter board to connect between the switchable connector sockets and the sidfx..
2016-03-03 12:57
AmiDog

I'm still hoping it will work with the C64 reloaded. Just read this in the comment section for the youtube demonstration video:

Quote:
Next and final hardware revision has the coords/cables attached using small "sockets/mounts" like you know them from modern motherboards with LED's and switches. But the point is that you can detach those you don't want to use = less cables in your cabinet.

Should make it fairly easy to connect it to the pin header on the reloaded board instead of using the clamps. If it will fit below the keyboard or not is another question...
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | 19 | 20 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Scrap/Genesis Project
Soren/Camelot, MoN, ..
Brittle/Dentifrice^(?)
Dr. Doom/RAD
iAN CooG/HVSC
Nova