Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > THE 64™
2016-04-15 08:11
MagerValp

THE 64™

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-64-computer-and-handheld..

I don't suppose anyone know who the "world class software and hardware engineer" is, or the "technical team from around the world"? The page fails to mention any names besides Darren Melbourne.

... 116 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2016-04-20 18:07
CreaMD

We've worked to ensure that the experience is as close to the original as possible! (THE 64™)

In order to be successful, one must project an image of success at all times. (American Beauty)
2016-04-21 07:48
Morpheus

Quote: Morpheus: So people shall create games that run on the thing, but as it's supposed to be compatible with the original C-64, those games shall run on an actual C-64 as well?

Why not simply include a bunch of C-64 games? Those keep rolling in anyways.

The idea is to have games that work on both machines, yes. There's also talks about doing platform specific games where for instance much more memory can be used without having to wait for the stuff to load all the time. No, don't worry, I'm not planning any FMV style games on the Sega CD, but who wouldn't want to see a classic game, like, ehh, The Last Ninja reimagined? Ok, not everybody but you know what I mean. :)

Classic games and I'm sure new games too will be licensed and included on the machine.

Are you interested in getting into games development?
2016-04-21 08:17
Oswald

that would be a selling point, many classic games with 0 loading times. with a nice frontend menu. savestates. etc.
2016-04-21 08:32
Tom-Cat

So basically what EasyFlash cracks already do... :)

This product will probably be the low point of people trying to cash in on the retro rage ... *puke*
2016-04-21 08:43
chatGPZ

Quote:
So basically what EasyFlash cracks already do...

except using a proprietary cartridge format of course =P
2016-04-21 10:36
Fierman

Quote: Hey guys,

I'm helping Retro Games Ltd to find people to create new games for the two new machines. I have no final say on what the machines will be like in the end, but I'm giving my suggestions of how to make a machine that both satisfies scene inhabitants and people that would buy the machines in retail stores.

And you can do that too! This was posted on the campaign page:

"The specifications for THE 64 ™ are not fixed at this point in time - we will be engaging with the community and customers over the coming months to deliver the best product we can! We want to hear from you guys what you want us to add!"

So, ask questions and give your suggestions on the companys' IndieGoGo campaign (http://tinyurl.com/zy2f8hw) or on their Facebook page (http://tinyurl.com/jnr7og9). Get in there and help shape the machines into something cool!

If anyone here is interested in creating new games for the machines and have a track record, please get in touch with me directly on andreas@andreaswallstrom.com.

Cheers!

no thanks
2016-04-21 11:35
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: So basically what EasyFlash cracks already do... :)

This product will probably be the low point of people trying to cash in on the retro rage ... *puke*

Worst than CUSA useless C64x ?
2016-04-21 13:40
Krill

Quoting Morpheus
Are you interested in getting into games development?
Okay, let's review:

- Unconvincing blurry overall aim of the project
- No prototype or even proof of work in progress, very little info on the actual implementation
- Supposedly going to run an emulator on a standard SoC, no gate-level recreation, possibly proprietary interfaces, bad compatibility
- Claims of first-rate development team, but no names mentioned, and the usual suspects are out
- Dubious credibility regarding previous work and connections with successful projects and the teams behind them
- Flexible funding goal on a project that requires a large fixed sum to produce the first batch of devices
- Overall unrealistic funding vs time vs product estimation
- No community-driven design or even a forum for suggestions
- No added value to existing devices or software, even if it will be finished
- Ludicrous amounts of (TM) and self-aggrandising marketing hogwash all over the place
- "A reproduced manuscript for a piece of music from one of the biggest names in Commodore music, signed by the original musician." - Now who would THAT be?
- Not even proper proof-reading of the fundraiser site

My guess: vapourware, scam, waste of effort.

So... while i will sooner or later release a game, it will be for the C-64. The real one.
2016-04-21 13:48
chatGPZ

what krill said. thread can be closed now :o)
2016-04-21 18:48
Morpheus

Krill, not trying to convince you here as you've already made your mind up, but games will be released on the C64 as well.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Sande/Hokuto Force
bugjam
ϵʟʞ/ₐтₐ
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Tom-Cat/Nostalgia
krissz