Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Unblitz c/bbs Cyborg Cbase
2016-06-27 21:08
lA-sTYLe

Unblitz c/bbs Cyborg Cbase

Since i tried almost every unblitz i could find without any success i am asking here.

Does anybody probably have the unblitzed c/bbs file from Cyborgs Cbase ( C*Base Cyborg Modded )or maybe a deblitzer which isnt listed here ?

There is still a very annoying bug which crashes my bbs while listing Uploads in the uds. If there are more than 255 Files inside the Dir the BBS crashes and i`d like to fix this.

... 3 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2016-06-28 07:56
iAN CooG

I already tried in the past that one, I was asked already what's wrong with it and I have no idea =)
boot prg can be decompiled with no probs, but the other modules C/BBS, C/TERM, C/MIDNIGHT (which have to be manually merged with the main boot file with cld or cbmcombine for example) at some point result in bad lines containing garbage.
2016-06-28 14:16
chatGPZ

perhaps shawn used a custom modified blitz! ... that would make it kinda hard indeed
2016-06-28 17:04
lA-sTYLe

I asked him some Months ago but he wasnt sure anymore, so i hoped anybody else might have a solution
2016-06-29 07:15
Tao

The thing that's causing the deblitzing problems is the basic extensions that C*Base uses.
2016-06-29 21:23
Count Zero

No time to investigate, so from memory - maybe iAN can validate it:

AFAIR the basic extension used on C/BASE had @ as the leading sign for special commands. Some however had "arrow left" to start those (or was it the other way around?). Whatever unblitzer is used "just" needs to parse basic commands starting with either "arrow left" or "at" as normal petscii until the next colon (":").

I cannot currently find my changed de-blitzer back which was able to handle cyborg modded c*base and such :( - pretty sure though the above sentence suits.

You still have the chance to intercept using the basic vectors as well, Mario. Though I admit a simple SYS in the basic source at the right place is more elegant. Then again: cleaning up a re-compile of C*Base to be somewhere near the original or any roughly commented source sure sucks as well.
2016-07-29 02:41
Ice Breaker

Cbase used Plum's Blitz to handle the extra commands in Cbase. Not sure if there is an unblitzer for it.
2017-03-24 04:22
alwyz

I was looking into this a little tonight. Being very unfamiliar with ian/hf's deblitzer, i did some unsuccessful mods to the basic source.

BUT..

my theory is that, if deblitz encounters an invalid basic operation (like @), couldn't deblitz add a "rem " in front of that command and interpret it as a rem'd basic comment, which theoretically would pass as valid basic. Then, after using basedit or similar, load in a text editor, remove all instances of "rem " and the program listing should look correct.

Maybe someone who knows the source better could tell me if this is a valid idea worth trying.
2021-03-07 00:27
Larry

Sorry for Grave digging... But I came across this Threat while searching for something else BBS related.

Well let me give you some hints how to deblitz Cyborg Mod if still someone want's to do it today or in future:

You need a really good Deblitzer. Most Blitz Decompilers available are useless for C*BASE.
Holy Moses Version of Deblitz is a good starting point. But this Version also can't deblitz the C/BBS properly. You'll have to modify this Deblitzer, so that the @ and Arrow left Extensions are properly recognized and translated back to Basic. That's not hard work. Take a look in Memory how these Extensions are compiled and their 2082: Ending... Count 1+1 together...
Then with your modified Deblitzer, you might get into one final trap -> String too long Error in blah... while decompiling.
Note the last Linenumber the deblitzer could decompile.
Reset, load c/bbs File and use a Monitor. Modify one or two Extensions in that Area (Linenumber in Deblitzer shows Mem Adress in Decimal). Overwrite that whole Extension with ":" (a : devides commands, just like "normal" BASIC V2), save c/bbs and decompile again. With a 99,9% chance, you'll get that File decompiled.
Then the real work starts to make something useful out of the decompiled code.
Good luck :)
2021-03-07 13:37
chatGPZ

And after all those years noone made a repo with the decompiled sources?
2021-03-07 18:57
Frantic

Larry just uploaded this:
https://csdb.dk/release/?id=200939&show=summary#summary

Thought I should just mention that in this thread as well.

While I am at it, I might as well mention that the sources for the Tao version of c*base are also available:
C*Base V3.3.8
http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/cbase/downloads.xhtml
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Ghost/Quantum
The Syndrom/TIA/Pret..
radius75
Apollyon/ALD
Trash
Guests online: 156