Registered: Apr 2011
C64 EmuXtras 2.00 for original Xbox released!|
This pack 2.0 is for the original Xbox!
(sorry about the crappy video) :
- Around 5300 Commodore 64 Titles ; 'Handpicked' , tested (around 4 titles wont work on current ViceX but are still included), and the best and / or latest versions from groups like Genesis Project, Hokuto Force, Laxity, Nostalgia, and Triad
- All Unzipped (except multi-disk) so highscores will work, & renamed.
- When needed Game Images were changed to include extras, or extra versions of a game.
- 350 game previews (From Games-that-Weren't and upcoming releases)
- Scene-Demo Selection (390)
- Preview-movies (1790)
- Vice64X 10b8
- Boxart in High quality! ( Much Higher HD resolution versions, for faster systems or PC, are also available (not included in Xbox pack) );
REMASTERED / RETOUCHED! (A huge amount of work has gone into this; quite some Boxart is (was!) very old / obscure and ugly.
I used the 'ORIGINAL-Release' box-art as much as possible. So no budget or re-releases by other companies.
- Newly made Action and Title shots. (Existing ones were often in the wrong colours, missing borders or simply very boring).
- Manuals & Maps
- Game Info (press right thumb-stick)
All games will load out-of-the-(X)box , no messing around with drive settings etc.
- All games have their own UNIQUE CONTROLLER settings!
So for example 'Cybernoid' will have weapons (F1, F2..) mapped under the controller, 'Renegade'
won't need the keyboard anymore etc.
- Easy navigate 'trainer' menu's : besides in-game keyboard options being mapped under the controller, the various 'trainer' menu's can also be navigated easily
There's basically one Main default setting :
- Left stick or Dpad for control.
- back : 1 / start (So this could also be F7 for example to start)
- start : f1 / start
- white : CBM key / other (depends on game)
- black : Run/stop / escape / other (to quit a (Trainer) Menu is often 'black'
y : Space
X : Return / enter
B : Jump / Up
A : Fire
Right thumb stick :
Left : H (for Highscore select)
Right : L (for Load Highscore)
Down : N (for No)
Up : Y (for Yes)
Up / Down also can mean cursor up / down in (trainer) Menus; depends on games.
- Guaranteed 'SEUCK' free!
more info at :
Note : First, be sure to do a CLEAN install from previous Xtras and ViceX version! (also delete Saves from E: to be sure). This pack (2.0) is too different (media layout changed)
I use WINSCP myself to ftp to the Xbox ; Fast and no problems.
From pack 2.0 on everything is in place; the vixeX.ini in the pack points to the correct folders. So 'ftp-and-play' (thanks Madmab!). If you want to change locations to suit your own needs, read the instructions.
Default screen setting is SD. So be sure to put the emu in 720p or 1080i when using your HD (for maximum super crispy!)
Personally I play in 1080i using bilinear filtering and simple2x.
Be sure to also check out the new scanline filters Madmab added to ViceX !