Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in 
CSDb User Forums


Forums > CSDb Discussions > Vice with support for the C64 DTV.
2007-07-01 21:25
tlr

Registered: Sep 2003
Posts: 1122
Vice with support for the C64 DTV.

This has been in the works for a while.

It's not at all complete, but this weekend VICII-DTV support was implemented so several of the released demos run on it. :)

Get it here for a taste:
http://picobay.com/dtv_wiki/index.php?title=DTV_Support_in_VICE

Source code + pre-built win32 binary + preconfigured flash image.
 
... 46 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....
 
2007-07-02 20:53
tlr

Registered: Sep 2003
Posts: 1122
Quote: Tried some demos, they load but so far very few are really 100% working.
Working demos:

Numero_uno/Crest
The_king_is_back/Crest
HelloDTV/Noice
Blitter_scroll/TLR
Newtons_Cradle/TRSi

And even though they are few, what I saw it's stunning. :)


The king is back is DTV1 so it will always bug.

I couldn't get Numero Uno running myself, how did you do it?
It hangs during the loader here...

While you are at it try 320*4754 too.
2007-07-02 21:34
iAN CooG

Registered: May 2002
Posts: 1724
Quote: The king is back is DTV1 so it will always bug.

I couldn't get Numero Uno running myself, how did you do it?
It hangs during the loader here...

While you are at it try 320*4754 too.


these are some annotation I took while trying to make it work

- RAM extensions must be DISABLED
- DISABLE video cache, as it makes colours wrong
- 1541 seems having problem, use 1541-II as default
- better disable "save setting on exit" and manually save settings after setting
TDE ON + VirtDevTraps OFF
Sound/Buffer=100
Video 400x300x32,
joystick in port#1
drive 1541-II.
- 1581 failed to load, at least with 2 1581 dtv demos
- PRGs apparentily do not load, always inject PRGs in D64s
- copy win_sym.vkm win_sym_de.vkm
or
copy win_pos.vkm win_sym_de.vkm
if win_sym_de.vkm does not exist, else keyboard won't work (I have vice 1.20 as default, keybaord setting clashesh with 1.21)

320x4754/Crest works, but the scrolling picture is only greyscale.
Edit: checked the screenshot, I think it's intended to be greyscale, so it works. :)
2007-07-02 21:47
Mirage

Registered: Jan 2003
Posts: 101
This might be a little bit off-topic, but can somebody make me a screenshot of this: display test
and save it as png or bmp or any other lossless format so i can import that palette into my paint program?

I would do it myself, but i can't get the patched version to work for some reason
2007-07-02 21:58
tlr

Registered: Sep 2003
Posts: 1122
Quote: This might be a little bit off-topic, but can somebody make me a screenshot of this: display test
and save it as png or bmp or any other lossless format so i can import that palette into my paint program?

I would do it myself, but i can't get the patched version to work for some reason


I sent you a pm.
2007-07-02 22:01
tlr

Registered: Sep 2003
Posts: 1122
"- 1541 seems having problem, use 1541-II as default"
@ian: Ah... I wonder why, it works on a 1541 with the DTV.
Maybe the Exos V3 loader doesn't work in C64 emulation + 1541 in Vice-1.21? Something for groepaz....
2007-07-02 22:05
iAN CooG

Registered: May 2002
Posts: 1724
Quote: "- 1541 seems having problem, use 1541-II as default"
@ian: Ah... I wonder why, it works on a 1541 with the DTV.
Maybe the Exos V3 loader doesn't work in C64 emulation + 1541 in Vice-1.21? Something for groepaz....


Confirmed, Exosv3 works only with 1541-II
2007-07-02 22:32
tlr

Registered: Sep 2003
Posts: 1122
ian: "- PRGs apparentily do not load, always inject PRGs in D64s"

Just saw this. It works here. Did you use x64dtv with the flashrom image from the wiki?
It might be that it doesn't work well with the stock kernal.
2007-07-02 22:53
iAN CooG

Registered: May 2002
Posts: 1724
Quote: ian: "- PRGs apparentily do not load, always inject PRGs in D64s"

Just saw this. It works here. Did you use x64dtv with the flashrom image from the wiki?
It might be that it doesn't work well with the stock kernal.


Yes, I got the x64dtv-patch62.exe and dtvrom.bin from there, then press K to select alt version, I think that exiting with X or Q it uses normal C64 Kernal, and it doesn't run any prg, for example HELLODTV.PRG. Injecting in a d64, pressing K and loading from there works.
2007-07-02 23:10
tlr

Registered: Sep 2003
Posts: 1122
You should do 'X'. It loads the DTV kernal with my patches from kernalpatcher 1.0. 'K' runs peiselulli's kernal which has a 1541 turbo on by default.

EDIT: not "loads". it just uses it. Both kernals are resident in flash.
2007-07-02 23:16
iAN CooG

Registered: May 2002
Posts: 1724
Quote: You should do 'X'. It loads the DTV kernal with my patches from kernalpatcher 1.0. 'K' runs peiselulli's kernal which has a 1541 turbo on by default.

EDIT: not "loads". it just uses it. Both kernals are resident in flash.


Weird, with X didn't worked later, now it's ok, both numero_uno.prg and hellodtv.prg
I wonder what did I *really* did :) thanks.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
cba
dandee/Laxity
Frantic/Hack'n'Trade
ptoing
Røly/MYD^STHD^TSA
psych858o/MSL/Elysiu..
copass/Leader
Guests online: 41
Top Demos
1 Uncensored  (9.7)
2 Edge of Disgrace  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.6)
4 The Shores of Reflec..  (9.6)
5 Lunatico  (9.6)
6 Comaland 100%  (9.5)
7 Incoherent Nightmare  (9.5)
8 Quad Core 100%  (9.5)
9 Wonderland XII  (9.5)
10 Comaland  (9.5)
Top onefile Demos
1 Pandemoniac Part 2 o..  (9.6)
2 Dawnfall V1.1  (9.5)
3 Daah, Those Acid Pil..  (9.5)
4 Treu Love [reu]  (9.4)
5 Dawnfall  (9.2)
6 Veterans of Style  (9.2)
7 KAOS 64  (9.2)
8 One-Der  (9.2)
9 Game of Thrones [2sid]  (9.2)
10 Tunnel Vision  (9.2)
Top Groups
1 Booze Design  (9.4)
2 Censor Design  (9.4)
3 Oxyron  (9.4)
4 Crest  (9.3)
5 Finnish Gold  (9.3)
Top Cover Designers
1 Duce  (9.8)
2 Junkie  (9.7)
3 Electric  (9.6)
4 The Elegance  (9.4)
5 Cuc  (9.2)

Home - Disclaimer
Copyright © No Name 2001-2017
Page generated in: 0.557 sec.