Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Asm Course
2003-03-24 23:09
hdaae
Account closed

Asm Course

Ive been into C64 for years (got one in 89) but never started coding on it, but did some asm on the amiga.
Lately Ive been searching for asm courses for the C64, but havent really found anything that took me thru it step by step. Anyone that knows were to find anything like a course or similar? (step by step..total beginner thru a complete demo)

Thanks in advance

... 3 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-03-25 23:06
White Flame

I thought Jim Butterfield's "Machine Language for the C64" was an excellent tutorial for learning 6502/6510 assembly language. http://www.geocities.com/white-flame/files/c64
2003-03-29 14:48
hdaae
Account closed

Nope..Im norwegian, but ive dealt with danish and swedish amiga asm courses/sources before so if you want to send it im more than happy to accept it :)

hdaae@yahoo.com

And to everyone else, thanks for the replies!
Ive never stopped enjoying the C64 even thou work and real life has removed me from it, but watching the current quality of the demos have really impressed me.

Last demos I saw on the C64 were Errors, Impulse, Light, Abnormal, Beyond Force around 89, 90 and 91, so the current level of coding makes those demos look like warmups.
2003-04-01 03:33
chatGPZ

depending on how much of a beginner you are...

the VIC-20 user manual (available as etext on the web somewhere) has a rather good "introduction to the 6502" ... maybe a more simple overview is better for you, but anyway :)

then in the "C=Hacking" magazine (on the web aswell) there was a tutorial somewhere along the lines of the couple of first issues of it ...dont remember :=P

also...since you scandinavian guys happen to know how to deal with german mostly, also check out some "magic disc" issues. (again, the web.. :=P) ivo herzeg (aka mr.cursor/twg) wrote an excellent series of tutorials about interupt programming and some advanced VIC trickery there. (again sorry, i dont remember which issues it was in :=P ...you may locate them by searching for the "agsp demo" which was one of the examples.... basically the routine from "babylon III/twg" :) )

gpz
2003-04-01 16:07
hdaae
Account closed

Yeah..im a beginner to C64 asm, but since I did some asm on the amiga in the mid 90s Im sure I will be able to pick up on the basics fairly quickly...What ive downloaded from you recommended seemed easy enough....the basics i mean :)
2003-04-27 19:53
fermhg
Account closed

Im a beginner to C64 asm too. I maked my web page to learn more about programming with Commodore 64. I think it's better if you learn using examples... If you want you can visit it. This is the url:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/fermhg/
2003-04-30 15:17
pixel23
Account closed

Hello

i come from germany and I want to learn asm,too. Do some of you have an easy asm course in german(step by step)???
I would be lucky for your reply.

reegards

Pixel23
2003-05-01 15:21
fermhg
Account closed

Sorry, I think that all ML Lessons are in English, and, in my web, that they are in Spanish. Look at German Forums in German pages...
Sorry, I can't help you.

fermhg,
2003-05-09 09:29
CyberBrain
Administrator

The danish machine code course i talked about can be checked at Ghoul's Maskinkode Kursus

This is the course that i learned asm from, and it's good. Ofcause this only applies to danes, people from norway, people from sweden (norwegian + swedish are after all just bad copies of danish, with some added features like: cute ways to pronouce words, and singing songs while talking) and other stand-up guys who have had the motivation to learn a real language.
2003-05-09 10:07
Oxidy
Account closed

And all this time I've thought that danes once spoke like the greatest hockey nation in the nordic region
but overtime distorted their pronounciation as an effect of always talking with food in their mouth. ;)
2003-05-10 14:05
Zeitgeist
Account closed

Quote: Hello

i come from germany and I want to learn asm,too. Do some of you have an easy asm course in german(step by step)???
I would be lucky for your reply.

reegards

Pixel23

Older issues of Digital Talk hold some pretty nice courses (also msx and even painting logos) in German. I recommend that ones. ALso, most german mags started an asm-course someone in their obscure history :). Actually none of them really finished it - at least to my knowledge. And of course, to do a little self-inauguration: Our own magazine PUBLICATION offers a lot of beginner's tutorials that show you how to realize easy effects and routines.

And after all: Isn't it funny that two Germans talk via a message-forum in English? Uh, geee :-)) ... drop me a mail if you like (zeitgeist@civitas64.de) and I'll tell you more detailed.

Hiram
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Bansai/BSILabs
Unkle K/Reset Magazi..
Guests online: 109
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)