Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #7957 : The Ministry
2004-03-16 13:21
Radar
Account closed

Handle id #7957 : The Ministry

I found a contact-demo for VHS-, Original- and Warez-Trading from Ministry (Jayce & Markus) which has been released under the Arcade-label in like 1992 on the net just recently. Anybody knows something about this?

As a matter of fact, they haven't been part of Arcade, concerning to my knowledge...

... 1 post hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-04-16 11:47
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Well,Hartmut:-) I´m not 100% sure, but I actually think Jayce joined in early 93. ;-)

At least that´s also what this Genetix mag says in the News Section, and I also think I´ve read about it in some other old mags, but I can´t remember it myself:

The Tribune #34

Also some news about Rockstar joining and the Arcade VS RSI thing!

Dishy - keep the c64 alive - Dishy

Well, Rockstar was in Arcade from start to end, and actually I can't remember any argues with RSI... But whatever, mags from that time always used to switch'n circle the facts.

And besides that, just read the magazine and have to point out, that it sucks...
2004-04-19 15:43
Dishy

...well, if you check out the memberlist in Tank Division cracked by Tyree from the time where Arcade was in CO-OP with Deadline, you won´t find Rockstar on the memberlist. The game is releases on May 24 - 1992. Did Rockstar leave for for a short visit in another group(Dominators?!?!) to rejoin Arcade again later, or did Tyree simply forget him?

Anyway, Rockstar sure was a good cracker! Like Arcade & Deadline was a cool cracker CO-OP! Never mind! ;-)

2004-04-20 09:50
Radar
Account closed

Quote: ...well, if you check out the memberlist in Tank Division cracked by Tyree from the time where Arcade was in CO-OP with Deadline, you won´t find Rockstar on the memberlist. The game is releases on May 24 - 1992. Did Rockstar leave for for a short visit in another group(Dominators?!?!) to rejoin Arcade again later, or did Tyree simply forget him?

Anyway, Rockstar sure was a good cracker! Like Arcade & Deadline was a cool cracker CO-OP! Never mind! ;-)

Sometimes it happened, that not every member was quoted in scrollers. This goes for Arcade, this goes for other groups. Also you have to understand certain other ways the scene worked back then compared to nowadays scene, so not every member wanted to be quoted sometimes. Whenever there has been a bust or other difficulties appeared, some people went backwards into the dark for a while and came back when the sea was calm again. I hardly doubt that any company care about a 64-game which get released ('cracked') nowadays, in the past they did. We used other ways to call boards and had no internet-plattform like we use them nowadays. Just to mention some reasons concerning the old and new c64-scene.
2004-04-20 10:33
Dishy

Quote: Sometimes it happened, that not every member was quoted in scrollers. This goes for Arcade, this goes for other groups. Also you have to understand certain other ways the scene worked back then compared to nowadays scene, so not every member wanted to be quoted sometimes. Whenever there has been a bust or other difficulties appeared, some people went backwards into the dark for a while and came back when the sea was calm again. I hardly doubt that any company care about a 64-game which get released ('cracked') nowadays, in the past they did. We used other ways to call boards and had no internet-plattform like we use them nowadays. Just to mention some reasons concerning the old and new c64-scene.

Well, I do not have much knowledge or general view about the "new c64-scene", as I have not been actice since 1994. But anyway, I´m glad to see, that ppl still care about the c64, and have these great internet-c64communities now, when all the boards are gone.(Tricket, get DOMINIC back online for Dominators *LOL*). You are so right in your perception of the old days, and I do agree about the member-thing, as I got busted myself in 1991 - just for stamp-cheating, haha;-) I just read about Rockstar in the before mentioned mag, and when I couldn´t find him in the crackscroll either, I thought, that he maybe did join DOM as early as in 1992. But I must be wrong.. But you´re probably right that Rockstar was in Arcade from start to end, as you must remember all the facts about Arcade better than anyone in here..

Actually, I also thought, that Jack Alien was a member of Arcade for a very short while.. Do not remember, where I´ve heard that.. People talk, you know..... maybe from another old mag ;-)

Greets

2004-04-20 17:06
Crossfire
Account closed

Jack A was in a pretty unknown group named Avantgarde. I understand the confusion since the name sounds a bit similar...

YES YES, it was a JOKE! *G*
2004-04-20 17:29
Dishy

*LOL*

Yep, that I know! I think he was a member of Avantgarde at The Party 1993, where I talked a lot to him, and we in Vision had lots of fun boozing together with all those germans:)

Don´t know about the Arcade thing, probably I´m wrong!

2004-04-20 22:30
Crossfire
Account closed

It's wierd you know, Rolf, my memory is totally fucked. I looked up JA just now for the fun of it and saw him listed as an ex-member of Image...and thinking about it, YES, he WAS in Image...god damn, I totally forgot that...and his membership of Avantgarde was not mentioned, although that was probably the biggest break he got during his scene career.....I only have one word for it, and it's Danish: SYRET! *G*

I actually now remember he DID a few cracks for Image, one of them a german game which name was translated into Stone, Paper, Scissors....back in 92.....damn..

Still never realized though why he suddently went totally pissed on me and "wanted to cut me open with a chainsaw" (as he explicitly told in his "Fuck xfire" note!)...maybe that will be an unsolved mystery...

At TP93 that must have been the very early days of AVT cause I remember they were formed like a month before M8 - and that was a few days after new years '94..
2004-04-21 08:53
Radar
Account closed

Jup, Jack Alien was in Avantgarde. Last time we talked was at X-1995. I don't know if he was at Tribute in sweden, but he was in Avantgarde from the very early days of that group. No idea if he was in AVT since the first day, but he was/is a close friend to HOK and Deff.

And he has never been in Arcade. His breakthrough was in like 1994 I suppose...
2004-04-21 10:53
Dishy

Image, yeah, I still remember when Zak(Alagami/Chromance), Mason, you, me etc. left Acrise in early ´92 and formed Image. Only too bad that Zak, Mason, Rip, me etc. left for Unicess after a rather short time. Still can´t remember for how long time, that I actually was in Image. Think Jack Alien must have joined Image, after we rebuild Unicess.

"Still never realized though why he suddently went totally pissed on me and "wanted to cut me open with a chainsaw" (as he explicitly told in his "Fuck xfire" note!)...maybe that will be an unsolved mystery..."

hehe, what can I say.. Guess you became a hardened man during your scene-career. Actually it´s a mystery, that you survived all those years on the 64. *G* ...and even dared to meet up at the parties after those Exory days;-) *G* But I also do remember, that you were a little nervous at The Party 92, which were the first party since your "come-back", where you had just told the truth about your past.. but guess nothing ever happened to The Party 92, only you and DMI/Acrise and maybe some more, had some argueing.. hmmm.. Only at The Party 93, where I kicked you back to hell, haha. Kidding!

At least now I better understand, why some Germans had a chainsaw in their car at those parties, haha. ;-) Those Jerrys sure, knew how to party. *LOL*

2004-04-21 13:00
Crossfire
Account closed

DMI - there's another guy who suddently had a major attitude towards me, and then it all patheticly turned out to be because Acrise had gotten used to having at least ONE active member and how HE (ME) left aswell *G* Sad, sad..
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
csabanw
megasoftargentina
Quetzal/Chrome
Thunder.Bird/HF/MYD!..
Guests online: 128
Top Demos