Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #17586 : Jumpman Junior+2
2005-03-25 23:43
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Release id #17586 : Jumpman Junior+2

This has been released by Wanderer, apparently as a fake release. This is after he made sarcastic comments like this on the Driven forums (http://drivenonline.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=12):

"Yes the scene needs more previews and one filed games that were history twenty years ago. What's next? Jumpman Junior megatrainer?"

"I don't see any respect for anybody who feels compelled to put out Sammy Lightfoot because they can train it. I know I'll be first in the download lineup when Onslaught releases the fully trained version of Jumpman Junior."

He also has a whole page dedicated to his dislike of the current scene on his self indulgent homepage - http://www.ontarioghosttowns.com/c64/oldies.html

When Wanderer first put this on CSDb, he released it under his own handle. Then apparently deleted the entry along with it's reviews and re-released it under a fake handle.

What's worse, it's a recrack, and it doesn't even work properly. What point was trying to be proved here is beyond me.

The intro is a crippled version of an old intro by the same idiot, possibly from back in the days when he wasn't a complete asswipe.

Funnily enough, after the trolling flame thread on driven, and checking out the one demo I have here on CSDb, he's used the tune from the first part of that demo in his own intro. 20cc tune, and yes I borrowed it myself in the first place of course, but why would anyone make an apparently fake "war" release like this in the first place unless they are a complete fruitcake?

Take a break and take your medication Mike.

... 27 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-03-27 23:20
Slator

I totally agree with h.o,
thanx for this post, seems like there are still ppl trying to think before they shoot.

2005-03-27 23:49
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: "There are no more games to release as new, so I can see why people are going back to the old. It's still pretty laughable though."

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to have one.

That being said; the scene is a lot different to when you (or I) was active on it. It doesnt really matter if it's better or worse; the major point is that it is different.

The problem here is that you come with your perspective and complain about how things are done now, without trying to understand how things work now. Having been part of the scene back then your opinion carries weight when it comes to issues regarding the scene back then, but you should realize that someone critizing the scene as it looks now, without making an attempt to understand it or being a part of it looks more like an old timer who cant keep up with how things changes and keeps complaining about how everything was better before.

I used to be a part of the scene, and I enjoyed those years. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I these days like to watch and see what the scene is now, and to discuss how the scene was back then and what is different. But, I would never lower myself to critizing the scene as it is now. That simply because I am not a part of it. I am a spectator, or a visitor, and noone has the right to complain about the current state of the scene without being part of it or at least trying to understand it.

You claim that the scene is dead some times, and some times that it suck. If it's dead, then why bother? And if it sucks, then why not just show those active how things should be done?

Complaining is easy; anyone can do that. Showing a better solution -- going from talking to action -- is a lot harder.

And, seriously, where is the problem with a bunch of persons enjoying different things on the c64? So what if Commodore no longer exists, if no new commercial games has been released in 10 years, etc. The point is that they enjoy what they are doing. That is enough justification for the scene as it looks today, just as it was enough justification back then.

You do remember that the main driving force of the scene back then never was about whether how many users the machine had, or how many new games was released each year, but rather about fun, about doing things, this whole DIY (Do It Yourself) atmosphere that built the scene? Or are you telling me you were only it because the c64 was the biggest games computer at that time?

>Complaining is easy; anyone can do that. Showing a better
>solution -- going from talking to action -- is a lot
>harder.

Yes, it's called a PC :)

As for c64 demos... let's just say something may surface from me soon :)

2005-03-28 00:25
Nafcom

Quote: "There are no more games to release as new, so I can see why people are going back to the old. It's still pretty laughable though."

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to have one.

That being said; the scene is a lot different to when you (or I) was active on it. It doesnt really matter if it's better or worse; the major point is that it is different.

The problem here is that you come with your perspective and complain about how things are done now, without trying to understand how things work now. Having been part of the scene back then your opinion carries weight when it comes to issues regarding the scene back then, but you should realize that someone critizing the scene as it looks now, without making an attempt to understand it or being a part of it looks more like an old timer who cant keep up with how things changes and keeps complaining about how everything was better before.

I used to be a part of the scene, and I enjoyed those years. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I these days like to watch and see what the scene is now, and to discuss how the scene was back then and what is different. But, I would never lower myself to critizing the scene as it is now. That simply because I am not a part of it. I am a spectator, or a visitor, and noone has the right to complain about the current state of the scene without being part of it or at least trying to understand it.

You claim that the scene is dead some times, and some times that it suck. If it's dead, then why bother? And if it sucks, then why not just show those active how things should be done?

Complaining is easy; anyone can do that. Showing a better solution -- going from talking to action -- is a lot harder.

And, seriously, where is the problem with a bunch of persons enjoying different things on the c64? So what if Commodore no longer exists, if no new commercial games has been released in 10 years, etc. The point is that they enjoy what they are doing. That is enough justification for the scene as it looks today, just as it was enough justification back then.

You do remember that the main driving force of the scene back then never was about whether how many users the machine had, or how many new games was released each year, but rather about fun, about doing things, this whole DIY (Do It Yourself) atmosphere that built the scene? Or are you telling me you were only it because the c64 was the biggest games computer at that time?

I toally agree with you, H.O, however even if fewer games, there are still getting new games released.
have a look at Turrican III, Katakis II which is announced for C64, PC, GBA, Newcomer is a great game, too
Metal Dust for the SCPU, and sure more to come.

Yes, and welll, it became harder for us to keep things running, I mean, if you want something new like new 5.25" DD disks no used ones from Ebay, etc.

I think without the newcomers, the C64 scene would be dead, and then people can complain.
But me for my part will stay in the C64 scnene as long as it's exsisting, at least I plan to.
May oldtimer sceners say what they want to say or not =)
2005-04-02 02:53
Count Zero

*giggl* lmao lol ahahhahahahahhahahaha *inhale* rotfl sigh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlooooooooooooollllllllllllll

Incredible ... THIS seriously beats Secret Man, cmon all, you have to admit that :)

l8r

Count Zero/CyberpunX/SCS*TRC
2005-04-02 09:38
CreaMD

I didn't read the whole discussion, just glimpsed at the last few posts and read Wanderers text. I have noticed that some points about quality were introduced and some points aboug bugfixes ommited (in his text) and accepted later.

Apart from nostalgiac accusations. He's got a point. One thing is for sure. If oldie crackers of today wants to release, they should do at least 110-150% version of the best available crack at that time, otherwise their endeavour is futile. As far as Remembers and Nostalgia are concerned I'm not afraid to say that they are doing a very good. As for the others.. there were some "issues" in past even I was involved in a kind of criticism. Simply... I find it incredilby stupid to release a buggy crack of the game, already cracked 15-20 years ago. For the gamer, the quality is important, not the time of the release.
2005-04-02 11:54
Richard

(speechless)
2005-04-02 12:02
TDJ

Quote: (speechless)

Wow.

We've finally done it! :)
2005-04-16 23:25
Duke
Account closed

I think it is wonderful that there are still heated discussions like this one out there. THAT is certainly something I remember from the golden days. Tons of discussions, very heated, very emotional, and everybody got involved. Sure, on the surface it may appear silly to argue over these things since, after all, it is just a computer, but at the end of the day it is entertaining.

That's why I stick around. It's either this or a baseball game on TV.
2005-04-17 07:52
CreaMD

Quote: I think it is wonderful that there are still heated discussions like this one out there. THAT is certainly something I remember from the golden days. Tons of discussions, very heated, very emotional, and everybody got involved. Sure, on the surface it may appear silly to argue over these things since, after all, it is just a computer, but at the end of the day it is entertaining.

That's why I stick around. It's either this or a baseball game on TV.

You're right. It's exciting. But below the surface, it's just quantum of testosterone and self-conceit. ;-)

Roman
2005-04-17 08:03
Jazzcat

CreaMD: indeed. But thats what keeps us young. Young men enjoying their data. Ingredient for a good scene. ;)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Flavioweb/🇮🇹HF..
Magic/Nah-Kolor
Guests online: 70
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)