Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #3009 : MAM
2005-07-21 19:38
Zyron

Group id #3009 : MAM

Just curious, was MAM a group or a person? Or both?
I ask because of this:
MAM
2005-07-22 00:40
Zyron

I got told that MAM was a group but also a part of GCS so I added MAM as a member of MAM eventhough MAM actually was a group. I did it this way to be able to have MAM as a member of GCS as well. :)
Why can't groups be parts of groups?
And why can't groups be credited on releases?
2005-07-22 06:43
iopop

>Why can't groups be parts of groups?

Been asking for this feature for years. (Front of riffs, Life of riffs, Light of agile, The Silents of Actual Cracking Entertainment *hint*) But it seems like the general opinion is that if two groups work together its a co-op, which historically isnt really correct in many cases.
2005-07-22 08:53
H.O
Account closed

I agree with iopop. Being able to add groups as members of groups would be great. Some more examples: Focus as members of S451 (which I solved by adding their members at the time, but that isnt entirerly correct), S451 as members of Jewels (which we were briefly, right before they split), Digital Scream (which consisted of three groups), etc, etc.
2005-07-22 09:28
Perff
Administrator

There seems to be a LOT more relations in the scene that we (I) ever thought about when designing CSDb many years ago. :( To keep up with all of them will never be possible, so for some time now we have had a plan:

We will make it possible for any two entries in CSDb (Sceners, groups, releases and events) to have a costum relation. From the edit-page of any entry you can pick any other entry, and write some free-text which will describe the relation. This could be "Is member of" or "Brother to" or "<insert your own text>" :)

Could this solve this problem? I know this will only be some kind of advanced trivia, but then the info will at least be stored.
2005-07-22 10:57
Scout

ah, the old "umbrella group" topic has started again... (Group id #2073 : Le Squadron Dominant)

---
-= Silicon Ltd. =-
http://www.deco-design.com/scl
2005-07-22 12:04
Zyron

Quote: There seems to be a LOT more relations in the scene that we (I) ever thought about when designing CSDb many years ago. :( To keep up with all of them will never be possible, so for some time now we have had a plan:

We will make it possible for any two entries in CSDb (Sceners, groups, releases and events) to have a costum relation. From the edit-page of any entry you can pick any other entry, and write some free-text which will describe the relation. This could be "Is member of" or "Brother to" or "<insert your own text>" :)

Could this solve this problem? I know this will only be some kind of advanced trivia, but then the info will at least be stored.

That would work, it's better than nothing :)
Would it also be possible to fix so a group could be credited on a release? F.ex. Original Supply was often credited to another group, or music was credited to a music-group (f.ex. 20CC).
2005-07-22 13:05
Perff
Administrator

Quote: That would work, it's better than nothing :)
Would it also be possible to fix so a group could be credited on a release? F.ex. Original Supply was often credited to another group, or music was credited to a music-group (f.ex. 20CC).

I think that we will start out with the general costum relation thingy. (When I get the time at some point)
If we then spot a lot of relations of the same type, we could figure is we should make a specific relation for that.
2005-07-22 14:52
Zyron

Another thing I've been wondering about:
Would it be possible to remove the menu to the right when adding new stuff (Users Online/Top Demos etc.) and only keep the Search-box? It seems to slow down the loading quite much which is annoying & may cause heart-failure :)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fungus/Nostalgia
Guests online: 64
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)