Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #19116 : California Games
2005-10-24 10:39
Steppe

Release id #19116 : California Games

Stan, did you add more of these "empty" entries? By all means, only add games if you also provide a download link and if it bears some historical value for the preservation of the C64 scene (like a certain version by group XY with crackintro or whatever). Thanks.

... 2 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-10-24 11:25
Steppe

And to rephrase it in different words: This is a scene database, that entry mentioned above would make perfect sense on Gamebase64. But not here.
2005-10-24 11:28
Steppe

All right then, I will delete this now (just added ESI's version of California Games as compensation). ;-)
2005-10-24 16:48
Stan
Account closed

Quote: seems that adding every thing here is really enjoyable for some people... Steppe has right, there should be added more infos about this release or even download link too.

Calm down, guys. Possibly I added it for a reason, but I cannot even recheck it now that it is deleted. I consider myself rather responsible, doing full entries with all credits and stuff - take your time to check it if you like. But I have to admit that I lost interest now in scanning the stuff I wanted to add (such as the papermags that are still missing). Who the fuck cares anyway.
2005-10-24 17:02
Zyron

<i>Calm down, guys. Possibly I added it for a reason, but I cannot even recheck it now that it is deleted.</i>

The only info entered was the music credits to Chris Grigg.

<i>I consider myself rather responsible, doing full entries with all credits and stuff - take your time to check it if you like. But I have to admit that I lost interest now in scanning the stuff I wanted to add (such as the papermags that are still missing). Who the fuck cares anyway.</i>

A lot of people care & spend much time entering stuff here, but we also want it to be correct so whenever an incomplete entry is found it will naturally cause reactions. I don't see why this particular case would have such an impact on you that you'll lose all interest in continuing your support for this site.
2005-10-24 17:03
Nafcom

Quote: Calm down, guys. Possibly I added it for a reason, but I cannot even recheck it now that it is deleted. I consider myself rather responsible, doing full entries with all credits and stuff - take your time to check it if you like. But I have to admit that I lost interest now in scanning the stuff I wanted to add (such as the papermags that are still missing). Who the fuck cares anyway.

Well, we care, don't we? I think we do.
I don't think stuff should get deleted anyway.

If I was doing that anyway, Perff would take my global maintain permissions away :)

And it's always possible for Perff to restore deleted entries.
2005-10-24 17:04
Stan
Account closed

I let you know: The way you deliver the message. But alright, I am tired, just returned back from work, I don't wanna sound too girly... ;)
2005-10-24 17:04
Nafcom

Quote: <i>Calm down, guys. Possibly I added it for a reason, but I cannot even recheck it now that it is deleted.</i>

The only info entered was the music credits to Chris Grigg.

<i>I consider myself rather responsible, doing full entries with all credits and stuff - take your time to check it if you like. But I have to admit that I lost interest now in scanning the stuff I wanted to add (such as the papermags that are still missing). Who the fuck cares anyway.</i>

A lot of people care & spend much time entering stuff here, but we also want it to be correct so whenever an incomplete entry is found it will naturally cause reactions. I don't see why this particular case would have such an impact on you that you'll lose all interest in continuing your support for this site.

plus, if something is meant to be completed after a while, warn people in a trivia info of a release :)
2005-10-24 17:06
Nafcom

Quote: I let you know: The way you deliver the message. But alright, I am tired, just returned back from work, I don't wanna sound too girly... ;)

Right ok.
Well, I am always ready to help out with fixing wrong/missing info even in locked entries. I just wouldn't delete any
2005-10-24 19:09
Steppe

Stan, I didn't mean to sound hostile. I just wondered if you probably added more of those without thinking much about it. Anyway, I think by deleting this entry I didn't do much damage - as Zyron mentioned there was only the music credit of the game (which shouldn't be added for purely commercial releases, anyway), IIUC.
2005-10-24 19:37
Stan
Account closed

Quote: Stan, I didn't mean to sound hostile. I just wondered if you probably added more of those without thinking much about it. Anyway, I think by deleting this entry I didn't do much damage - as Zyron mentioned there was only the music credit of the game (which shouldn't be added for purely commercial releases, anyway), IIUC.

Alright. No hard feelings.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
zscs
Kickback
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
WVL/Xenon
Walt/Bonzai