Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #26015 : Ocean Breeze Preview
2006-01-04 19:45
Mermaid

Release id #26015 : Ocean Breeze Preview

Last autumn someone uploaded one of my demo previews to CSDB (after adding a text screen to it), calling it "Sea Creatures Prv". Now it seems the same person has done the same with at least 3 other unfinished previews I made.

Let's take a look at the login info of the fakeuser who uploaded the first preview: xybo 03/10-2005 06:11.17 03/10-2005 06:12.34 00:01.17 69.60.225.213

69.60.225.213 is found in Canada Hostname: ppp-69-60-225-213.unitz.ca

The IP 69.60.225.213 has also been used by...Wanderer.

Let me quote from two emails I got from Wanderer a while ago after having sent him some previews:

"One day I may have enough CTR previews to release "The Creator Game 100%" err... just kidding I wouldn't do that."

"I'm working on a new demo, its called Creator's Critters, and its a whole bunch of little intros and musics.... good graphics too... No, I wouldn't put out the previews. Trust is important"

Trust is important, indeed. At the time I thought he was just making bad jokes. It never crossed my mind that he would actually sink so low, and I still don't understand why he did it.

In a PM to me, the fakeuser wrote "We have 12 more Creator releases. If you're nice, they may never see daylight." - Creator instead of Creators, the exact same mistake Wanderer made in his emails to me.

Serves me right for being so naive (stupid, even) I suppose, I'm hoping people can still understand the pain of seing my half-finished work published without permission. Maybe some of you find it amusing, just another episode of the soap opera that is the scene, maybe some of you think "oh, that bitch got what she deserved". Kicking people while they are down is pretty low though.

... 35 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-01-19 21:31
Jazzcat

Secret Man: regarding releases for your collection. Like I care what your opinion is. You haven't been around for years and then just show up here out of nowhere as some big collector and scene-master. I guess you have missed many releases and your comments are out of place, afterall, how could you possible know anything when you have been away and others HAVEN'T been away?!

Forum-sceners rule. Reminds me of all the Germans calling their local German BBS'es when Blueboxing died. ;) haha. give me cards give me cards, pbxs, meridian... help we need to call our WHQ in the states and can't... ;)
2006-01-19 21:51
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Quote: Secret Man: regarding releases for your collection. Like I care what your opinion is. You haven't been around for years and then just show up here out of nowhere as some big collector and scene-master. I guess you have missed many releases and your comments are out of place, afterall, how could you possible know anything when you have been away and others HAVEN'T been away?!

Forum-sceners rule. Reminds me of all the Germans calling their local German BBS'es when Blueboxing died. ;) haha. give me cards give me cards, pbxs, meridian... help we need to call our WHQ in the states and can't... ;)

Really hard words from you,David.A real C64 scener will always return to the scene,but ive never said,that im a scene-master.Thats your words.

I was always able to call out and i never cryed for cards.I loved these MCI and At&t girlies.

2006-01-19 22:22
Jazzcat

Well, scene-master is my words - true! But I use them because you seem to have all these answers despite having been gone for some years.

SPRINT was the best. MCI and AT&T were okay. Sprint was the cooler one as those cards could call banned countries like Columbia etc. Not that many sceners lived there, but if you were selling them you obtained a lot more money for them from certain people. :)

2006-01-19 22:40
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Quote: Well, scene-master is my words - true! But I use them because you seem to have all these answers despite having been gone for some years.

SPRINT was the best. MCI and AT&T were okay. Sprint was the cooler one as those cards could call banned countries like Columbia etc. Not that many sceners lived there, but if you were selling them you obtained a lot more money for them from certain people. :)

AHA.Now i have it.You missed me.
I remember as i got an MCI Family card from Edwin Van Santen.
4 hours and the card was dead.
3 weeks no Edwin on Us boards.

2006-01-20 03:10
Jazzcat

Yeh EVS was calling out a bit. with his girlfriend and some other guy in 20CC I've forgot. Also their friend: Bad Boy.

Ahhh those were fun days. ANYONE can get on a forum these days, back then you had to be "connected" or have skill.
2006-01-20 08:39
stash
Account closed

1-800-south bell was a blast aswell had a visa gold card for months running there....

how come u never got any cards from marc u had not enough money or what????

secretpussy ur just a lamer always was always will be
2006-01-20 12:22
SECRET MAN
Account closed

Quote: 1-800-south bell was a blast aswell had a visa gold card for months running there....

how come u never got any cards from marc u had not enough money or what????

secretpussy ur just a lamer always was always will be

I had several visa,master and golden cards but it was to dangerous to use them,after i heard the story with Gene.

Slash_withDreams:I never asked marc for cards,i had enough.

2006-01-20 12:43
cba

Quote: Yeh EVS was calling out a bit. with his girlfriend and some other guy in 20CC I've forgot. Also their friend: Bad Boy.

Ahhh those were fun days. ANYONE can get on a forum these days, back then you had to be "connected" or have skill.

Bad Boy was not a c64 scener, just a amiga nerd, wonder what happend to this guy

2006-01-20 18:34
Jazzcat

Quote: Bad Boy was not a c64 scener, just a amiga nerd, wonder what happend to this guy

Yeh I know, I was speaking to him a lot and he was making music on his Amiga and synth (Emu-morpheus). Another crazy guy...
2006-01-21 08:27
stash
Account closed

another crazy guy was mr. mister/trance :) met him at a party in denmark

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
csabanw
Laurent
hedning/G★P
Mr SQL
CA$H/TRiAD
Airwolf/F4CG