Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #1358 : Thalamus
2004-03-03 16:48
Slator

Group id #1358 : Thalamus

so I dont get it. aint this called "scene" database ?

well without thalamus alot of ppl wouldnt be gamers nowadays and some crackers would have cracked less but what does this crap want in here ?

this was a 100% commercial game company!

oh how can I forget, a lot of ppl ripped the gfx and sound that makes them sceners then, NOT

or do we just enter anything in here that has ever touched something made by commodore?

... 2 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-03-03 18:03
Twoflower

I'd say we delete gamecompanies on sight when/if they appear. Why discuss it at all? There are plenty of brilliant databases for games out there, Gamebase 64 f.ex. This is not the correct fora.

Concerning game-developing people - many were sceners once though, or atleast connected to the Compunet, so I reckon many of them belong here in one or another way.
2004-03-03 18:39
TDJ

Quote: I'd say we delete gamecompanies on sight when/if they appear. Why discuss it at all? There are plenty of brilliant databases for games out there, Gamebase 64 f.ex. This is not the correct fora.

Concerning game-developing people - many were sceners once though, or atleast connected to the Compunet, so I reckon many of them belong here in one or another way.

Yeh, as sceners, but not as producers of a professional game. So let's delete the games & non-sceners as well.
2004-03-03 19:25
TDJ

Dishy, I've got the feeling you're responsible for this. Please stop. It's the commodore SCENERS database.
2004-03-09 23:06
Dishy

Quote: Dishy, I've got the feeling you're responsible for this. Please stop. It's the commodore SCENERS database.

Haven´t seen this thread before now, sorry!

@The Dark Judge: Hi Marco. I have NOT added Thalamus in here. There is an old user comment from 2002 by someone, so it must have been added some years ago. Maybe he did it!?! In 2002 I only added people/groups that I had some kind of connections to! Anyway, some time ago I noticed Last Ninja 3, Turrican, Creatures etc. in here, but WITH OUT a crackinggroup. First I also did find that a bit strange, but votet for it anyway, as I do like those games.
I first discovered Thalamus in here last week, and I must admit, that my first thoughts was actually equal to yours. Now it already was here and some people had votet I did also vote for it, and Thalamus actually became nr.1 in here. That did look a little strange;-) Anyway, I discoved that System 3, Ocean etc.. was also added in here, and I thought, ok seems some people in here finds it a little fascinateing to see those good old software companys in here, so I DID add Epyx(and maybe one more) in here and made a nice comment to it! Anyway, I do see your point about "scene stuff", because it was also my first thoughts, and I´ve now deleted my votes to those awesome crews, but actually it could probably even make this site more living and fascinateing for some game freaks, with those old game houses too. Anyway for those good old memories we have Kim Lemon at lemon64. We should be content about that;-)

/Dishy

PS. But maybe the originals of the cracked games could have some "scene relevance" in here for some of the old crackers - don´t know!???!(And have never added ém in here neither;-)

Dishy - keep the c64 alive - Dishy
2004-03-09 23:38
Dishy

@Slator: Hi Slator. You must have had the same thoughts as me, as I just got told, that you also votet "10" for Thalamus, before you changed it to "1".... Anyway, now we are discussing this, also you´ve votet "10" for Turrican 2 and 10 persons actually have votet for Turrican 2. Also lots of people have votet for The Last Ninja 3 etc.. Should we then delete those titles, when it´s professional or what do you guys think?

Off to delete me vote for The Last Ninja 3.....

2004-03-10 17:34
Slator

Quote: @Slator: Hi Slator. You must have had the same thoughts as me, as I just got told, that you also votet "10" for Thalamus, before you changed it to "1".... Anyway, now we are discussing this, also you´ve votet "10" for Turrican 2 and 10 persons actually have votet for Turrican 2. Also lots of people have votet for The Last Ninja 3 etc.. Should we then delete those titles, when it´s professional or what do you guys think?

Off to delete me vote for The Last Ninja 3.....

actually this is true, I voted a 10 and wanted to take the vote back as I was thinking about commercial stuff in here, but it isnt possible, as I always get this "You must choose a vote" thing.

Normally I dont vote on games but on the cracks, whatever was in my brain to vote for turrican 2 :-D maybe my love to manfred ;-D

greets
2004-03-10 18:12
Dishy

Quote: actually this is true, I voted a 10 and wanted to take the vote back as I was thinking about commercial stuff in here, but it isnt possible, as I always get this "You must choose a vote" thing.

Normally I dont vote on games but on the cracks, whatever was in my brain to vote for turrican 2 :-D maybe my love to manfred ;-D

greets

Slator, under "Userpage" you can view your vote history under "History".. There you can also delete your votes, if you wish! It´s indeed possible;-)

Greets

2004-03-11 01:52
Cmr
Account closed

Indeed it would be nicer to keep it to scene related things!
2004-03-11 14:24
Dishy

Quote: Indeed it would be nicer to keep it to scene related things!

???? Ofcourse there should only be scene related things in here.. Did someone say anything else? But it just seems, that not everybody do agree at all, about what is (enough) scene related or not.. I read in an old thread in here, that some people think, that the original of the game, should ALSO be added in there, but if the original of the game is added in here(many already are), the game house HAVE TO be added in the credits too, as it´s them who actually did make the very game in the first place, and it´s indeed THEIR very credits!

Also lots of sceners have been involved in professional game coding, music for games etc., should they take the credits in here then, when it´s pure professionals? Maybe there should be some rules about "scene relevance", as it seems, that some people are adding the originals!

Seems there are lots of different views about the conception of "scene related things" in here!

2004-03-11 18:49
Dishy

The rules:(Thanks Kim;-)

Commercial Game laws

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
acrouzet/G★P
TCE/Hokuto Force
fenz/SCC
A3/AFL
Krill/Plush
Mason/Unicess