Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > Need to move a multicolor bitmap logo...
2008-04-10 02:52
The Phantom

Need to move a multicolor bitmap logo...

Hey guys..

I drew this fantastic logo and well, once I started in on the code (today), I found that it has to be moved up 2 pixels.

Now, we all know the problem with that idea.. The coloring will corrupt, even if using a copy/paste feature.

Is there any way for me to move the logo up 2 pixels without having to re-do the coloring again?

Thanks in Advance...

***edit

And without using FLD would be preferred because I'm using it on the entire logo..

... 5 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-04-10 08:20
JackAsser

Quote: ...why not try and use the vert scroll register?

"And without using FLD would be preferred because I'm using it on the entire logo.."
2008-04-10 09:53
Motion
Account closed

@JackAsser: Yup - I spotted that... thanx! ;D
2008-04-10 10:30
Mace

Quote:
Is there any way for me to move the logo up 2 pixels without having to re-do the coloring again?
Personally, I wouldn't know how. Moving the bitmap will almost certainly result in colour clashes.
My choice would be to just move up that logo and fix the errors.
Or rather, my choice would be to not move the logo and fix the design :-D

Or you could make it a 3-coloured logo...
2008-04-10 14:17
The Phantom

Ack to 3 colors (almost insulted on that).

I'm going to try Fade's suggestion. I have all the tools he mentioned, I just thought someone would have made some sort of utility and was hoping for an easier way to fix the problem.

I'll post again and let you guys know how it went.

Thanks for all the help with this. It does save me some time.

Since I posted it on Driven, I might as well do it here.

I do, however, think the link is limited.

http://h1.ripway.com/ThePhantomFOE/testFOE.bmp
2008-04-10 14:42
The Phantom

Wow..

Ok.. I tried Timanthes, GangEd and Project one.

I will have to do some editing on the logo.

As for the results, GangEd gave the best results, with the least corruption. Amazing if you look at the time of my last post and this one, pretty much how much time it took to try 3 programs.

Instead, I waited what? 8 hours? hehe.. All good..

Thanks again for your help guys..

-Eric
2008-04-10 16:59
Monte Carlos

What is the reason, that you want to move it?
Isn't it centered, do you waste a whole charline by only using two pixel rows of it, ....?
In the last Cascade demo "se gitai o ilios" i had to move the logo in the intro 3 pixels sideways because it had to be centered relativ to the text.
I used $d016 for this.
With y shift it is even easier, because you can reset d011 at the bottom of the logo to shift the screen back.

Trying to shift the logo with a paint program will only result in picture damage. No chance, if you really use the whole capabitilies of MC mode.

Monte Carlos
2008-04-10 18:26
The Phantom

The reason I have to move it up 2 pixels is so the logo is ON the checkerboard. It's more a personal thing for me.

With what I've planned for the checkerboard, it would look, off, to say the least. Aesthetically, people would notice how the logo is a "bit off".. Not that I care what people think, but as I said, it's more a personal thing.

When I tried using the above tools and did everything with the pic converting and the like, I loaded it up and it was shorter on the sides. I said to hell with it. So I'm just going to use it how it is now. Far too much work involved to just move it up 2 pixels. At this stage in this part, for me anyway, it's pretty crucial. I tend to code around the graphics, always been like that for me. Hopefully, we'll be seeing some stuff in the production that doesn't go by that theory.

I'd either have to recode everything, or redraw the logo. Neither is going to happen, so I'll just live with the 2 pixel offset, and hope everyone forgets about it by the time the demo get's released.

Although, for some odd reason, I know someone will mention it :)

PS. Moving the logo sideways can be tedious as well, unless done in 4 pixel increments. If you look at the link A couple posts above, you'll see what I mean.
2008-04-10 22:46
Monte Carlos

I see, that the logo would be centered relative to the chessboard, if it had been pixeled two pixels higher.
But that wouldn't help you because then the chessboard is still cutted.
In this case i would 1000% prefer not to cut the chessboard over a relativ to the background centered logo.
The checkerboard looks like it could be expanded into the lower border, so that it finishes just before the next inverted chessboards would start.
Then you go and add a scroller or some sprites in the upper border and the screen gets all in all well.
See, no problemo!

Greetz Monte
2008-04-10 23:59
The Phantom

The checkerboard is actually drawn with the logo, well, except for the side borders :)

After all the crap I went through, I'm just going to keep it as is, hopefully distract the user from the offset somehow.

At first, I thought I'd slam some sprites in the bottom border, to make up for the difference, but what I have planned for the checkerboard, the sprites would just complicate matters more.

The coloring in the borders will be the same pattern as the checkerboard. What you see in the pic is just how I code. I like seeing everything, how much raster time I have left, how much timing anything else takes up and whatever.

Let's just say this 1 part, was turning into a NIGHTMARE.
2008-04-11 00:03
Alias Medron

hmm..
make the logo 2 pixels smaller at the bottom..
noone will notice :)
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Didi/Laxity
Medicus
Thunder.Bird/HF/MYD!..
Mr SQL
The MeatBall
Rebok/BOOM!/Tropyx