Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > oswald we need to have a chat about p1
2010-07-18 00:01
STE'86

oswald we need to have a chat about p1

and the way it replaces 4th colour.

now i realise atm its broken and u are out of action.

however while u are incapacitated have a think about this:

atm it works that replace 4th colour will only work if u try to place a pixel on an existing none background colour. if u try and place a 5th colour on background it wont work because obviously it cant replace the BG colour.

now what i would like it to do is what koala does and let u place that pixel while changing another of the 4 colours (maybe the least used one). thereby u can happily draw over the background colour in your 5th colour

do u get me?

Steve

oh and by the way the export does not work on 0.6
doesnt matter what extension you type it always saves in bmp format. (you may already be aware of this i dont know)

... 4 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-07-18 03:32
Moloch

Quoting Knoeki
Aww, isn't that cute. The super leet oldschooler can't deal with some criticism.

That wasn't criticism, you're being an asshole. There is definitely a difference between both, this follow-up of yours proves the point even further.
2010-07-18 08:28
JCB
Account closed

Quote: I'll look into the replace stuff in a week (if all goes well).

The export problem is intentional and needs a long explanation: I've found no way to tell Visual Basic to specify what DLL to use exactly. Now the export function needed a specific win DLL, which windows xp likes to update to a version that does not work with P1. I have figured I'll get rid of the problem once and for all. It's not fun having to hunt down all DLL's with the same name replacing it to the version you need.

if anyone reading this can provide some C++ code which exports a windows bitmap object as png/gif that would help. With the help of Edhellon P1 has now its own DLL for stuff that Visual Basic is too clumsy at.

Are you trying to keep stuff streamlined? Like not need a full VB install or something? If not then you just need System.Drawing.Image imported. After that there's various ways to do it from internally converting an image to a new buffer to just saving with the required ImageFormat.

Should just be a case of say you've created an internal bmp called Mybmp, doing Mybmp.Save("filename",ImageFormat.PNG)

Might be sliiightly different to that depending how you're image data is stored internally.

Pete
2010-07-18 08:39
Oswald

P1 is written in old VB6 and it needed a specific GDI+ version for the export.
2010-07-18 08:52
JCB
Account closed

Quote: P1 is written in old VB6 and it needed a specific GDI+ version for the export.

Riiiiight, I see your problem then ;)

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb/code/vbmedia/using_gdi_plu..

any use?
2010-07-18 09:05
Oswald

Nice find, but it has the same problem: its bound to a specific GDI+, and there's no way telling VB6 what dll to use. (unless you really know your ways)

Also it needs 2 .tlbs not provided. I had enough of alien code.

The provided exe does not start up, guess it doesnt likes my GDI+ version.. :)
2010-07-18 12:27
JCB
Account closed

Kinda seems like living in the dark ages using VB6. I'd suggest updating it to .net but that brings a whole new load of problems :)

2010-07-18 12:42
Oswald

well, it was accidental I have started it in vb6 (jailbird wanted a very simple editor & gave a download link to vb6 to work with, the rest is history). I never thought it will grow so big so fast. Also, all I know about windows/vb6 coding I have learned while doing p1. So you can imagine it will not translate well into .net. :)
2010-07-18 12:51
JCB
Account closed

Yeah, it's tough when you've got basically a fully working thing to think, ok I'm going to rewrite it all :( I did it in the end, my stuff was all using GTK+ (used to be a linux guy). GTK works fine on windows and I thought, cool, cross platform too but it just doesn't do 1/2 the things I needed and GUI creating in it was awful.
2010-07-19 00:01
null
Account closed

Quote: Quoting Knoeki
Aww, isn't that cute. The super leet oldschooler can't deal with some criticism.

That wasn't criticism, you're being an asshole. There is definitely a difference between both, this follow-up of yours proves the point even further.

Oh yeah. I'm being an asshole. Totally uncalled for after he threw an insult at me. ;_)

------------------------------------
http://zomgwtfbbq.info
2010-07-19 04:32
Skate

@Knoeki: I don't think you are an asshole but your first comment wasn't so friendly. That's why you get the reaction. Try to be a little bit more kind to ppl you don't know well.

1) We have a PM function but I'm interested in this discussion so I'd prefer to be able to read it on the forum.

2) I agree with this one, new topic was not necessery. But you could still use a better language like "please use the search function next time".

Quoting Knoeki
Protip: we have a PM function.

Protip2: There's at least 2 already threads about project1, and 1 is more than enough. Use the search function.

------------------------------------
http://zomgwtfbbq.info[/quote]
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
wil
ΛΛdZ
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Oswald/Resource
Shake/Role
aNdy/AL/Cosine