Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > C64 DOUBLE SCREEN COMPO
2011-01-27 16:26
v3to

C64 DOUBLE SCREEN COMPO

Hello graphicians. C64pixels.com is one year old and this is a perfect opportunity for a big competition for big pictures.

Theme is free. Show us your sceneries, machines, buildings, people, geometrical or organic shapes, tell stories, confuse us by perspective play, create something abstract, stylish logo designs or whatever you like.

Now here are the rules:

- Picture size has to be 2 screens, preferably horizontally or vertically arranged
- Graphic modes MultiColor, HiRes or Char - no enhanced (or so-called CPU) modes.
In case of chars you may use multiple character-sets but no raster-splits for colors.
- No animation please.
- The pic should be executable via RUN on a c64 as connected picture (soft-scrolling is recommended) - so grab a suitable coder in time.
- The compo entry has to be a first release at the compo. Please do not publish on CSDb or other public platforms before voting is over.
- Racist motives are not tolerated. Yes, explicit nudity, violence or weird disturbing stuff will be accepted but only visible for members and not represented on Lemon64 or CSDb.

For voting we will make the pictures available in several places such as c64pixels, Lemon64 and CSDb. Voting will start openly in May this year via PM or Email.

Of course there will be an special and unique award for the winning artist, AND some award (likely in form of an original C64 game) for the associated coder, even if it’s the same person :)

Additionally, the c64pixels team will award a special prize for the ‘most unique’ entry, be it for technically outstanding pictures/code, or an otherwise special submission. This award will not go to the compo winner.

Please send your pics to “compo@c64pixels.com”. Good luck!

... 13 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2011-02-03 14:04
v3to

Colorram is allowed for char but no rasterlines.

The "multiple charset rule" simply deals with the disproportion of individually editable area between the different modes. This is no real issue for PETSCII but in case for pixelling we are talking about 2000 4x8/8x8 blocks for HiRes/MultiColor compared to 256 chars.
2011-02-03 17:03
Joe

I'll try one. I was listening when I heard: Machines, Buildings, Geometrical and Organic Shapes etc. in Multicolor ;)
2011-02-03 17:35
Carrion

I'll do one too.
2011-02-03 17:41
Yazoo

hope to find the time for doing one too
2011-02-03 20:05
Carrion

Yazoo:
if you do logos I'm out!!
sorry but in this case we dont have a chance ;)
2011-02-03 22:01
Stryyker

Quote: What was that demo called that ran on 2 c64s, each showing one half of a composite screen, synching happening through pressing space on both c64s at once?

I think it was called "The Double", but I can't find it on CSDb...

What's with the strange limitations for the compo?`I somehow get "no advanced modes", but why no rasterbars for char mode? Colorram is allowed though or just 4 colors in total?

Deekay: Was it Dual Head
2011-02-04 22:51
Joe

Hey Tomek, you should join nonetheless.
And so should Michael, Shane, Daniel, Pål, Antonis, Richard, Johan, Domingo, Hein, Ari, Mihaly, Mikael, Arnold, Thomas, Vanja, Stellan, Lars, Tommi, Steve, Sander and many many more of the c64 graphics guild!
2011-02-05 08:51
Hein

I might.. tempted by the char-mode. I like the restrictions personally, maybe it scares of others..
2011-02-05 13:49
TDJ

Quote: What was that demo called that ran on 2 c64s, each showing one half of a composite screen, synching happening through pressing space on both c64s at once?

What's with the strange limitations for the compo?`I somehow get "no advanced modes", but why no rasterbars for char mode? Colorram is allowed though or just 4 colors in total?

Double.
2012-12-26 12:06
Lead

I encountered your quote and just wanted to complete it.

Yes we did (House Designs) a demo back in the days that uses 2 C=64 to show the demo. The timing needed to be done by pressing space at the same time.

The artwork was shown next to eachother and this was also going wrong on the demo competition where we launched it. There was not a proper setup so only one half of the demo was shown (and we didn't win).

The music was composed by our composers in stereo, meaning that the left and the right part featured different instruments so you could only enjoy the music when you got 2 C64 in sync.

I'm currently making a youtube video so soon for the first time people can enjoy this demo on their PC.

Double

The SID music is (on of) the only real true STEREO tunes on C64 as far as my knowledge goes
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
tlr
Board Rider/Commodor..
Malcom/Avatar
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
Apollyon/ALD