Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > Composers' real life
2009-03-27 07:48
Hermit

Composers' real life

Hi, 8bitters

I'm always wondering what the C64 composers are doing in real life, of course not their private lives but musical.

For example, I know that Reyn Ouwehand is a live instrumental musician, I'm very proud of it, but dunno about a lot others whom I rarely see on CSDB.

e.g. I've managed several times to get reply from Jeroen Tel, Shogoon, and I saw them with guitars on some pictures..and I'm very curious if they are playing in band or compose on other platforms, etc.

I love Cosmic and its alternative bass and also wondering during listening if Stainless Steel is a funky-musician.

If you have news about them to share with us, or if you are a composer and want to tell about your activities, it's the topic I think.
This can help us by knowing where they got the influences/motivation from, how they could make these great compositions.

E.g. I'm mainly a bass player & singer, I have a pop-band, but my best dream is to play in a C64 remixer band, like "Press Play On Tape."

If you're interested in this topic, I'm excitedly waiting for replies.
READY.

Hermit Software Hungary

... 92 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-06-27 20:40
Hermit

Ah....what you found DRAX.

It is 'Soo Beautiful' :) Now I understand why we love C64 music!

Hermit Software Hungary
2010-07-10 22:57
Xiny6581

Greetings and hello you :)
I've always been playing music as long as far as I can recall. Started at the age of 6 to play the violin. When I was around 8 I found out that to play the piano was very good, as well. Later on I picked up to play the guitar, bass, drums, flute, as well as pro-trackers and got very interested/hooked up in the land of synths. Around 1992 I started to bridge a connection between "real music" and "computer music", and some years later I founded my own multimedia group "Fiction Design/Fics[D] that later on morphed into "Dees Productions". Around 1994-1996 I tried to DJ and that along music-making was leading into a collaboration between me and a company called "AudioRealisem" (www.audiorealism.se), were many ideas fusioned into music softwares.
Now, for a living I work as a School Teacher, so sadly I don't make music for a living buy hey I do it very much at work, as well :-).

Music-a-like beside in here, I am active on RKO, whre I release remixes under "Dees Production" (search for dees).
Side to side I have some various projects going on:
http://www.6581.org (my music and stuff related to the c-64 scene)
http://www.soundcloud.com/dees-productions (My own music and recordings)
http://www.youtube.com/demoscenes (As the name says ;))
http://www.myspace.com/deesproductions (not sure what I have there)
Okay that was it for this time - Am I missing something or is the world still round? :P
/Cris
2010-09-11 15:30
MC
Account closed

I play Warwick bass guitars. Have been in a lot of bands but make a living as a systems & network admin. Musically life has had its ups and downs.

After the C64 time we tried making a version of music-assembler for the amiga. It was pretty much finished before we decided the whole Amiga soundchip and its 8bit samples sucked. A C64 sounded much better in my opinion. After that I completely stopped doing computer music and got into the real deal.

I play guitar, bass, drums and sing. Although I've been thinking about doing one more tune on SID for old times sake from time but don't think I ever will actually do one.

2010-09-11 15:34
SIDWAVE
Account closed

yes you will do more sid tunes.. :D

100 euro ?
500 euro ?
1000 euro ?

what will it take ? :D
2010-09-11 16:40
Angel of Death

@MC
Come to X-2010.
Play anything you like. No matter how bad it is at least Jan And I will cheer for you...
:)
ps.
But being a poor bum I can't offer you any money.
(glad Jan is the rich one)
:))
2010-09-11 16:53
SIDWAVE
Account closed

That MC has stayed on with doing music, is good to know.

So many very talented computer musicians, left their talent behind, and winded up working in some damn post office and getting married to a fat bitch, and never did anything creative again, although they have great skills.

You dont know how happy it makes me to know that your still musician! :)
2010-09-11 16:59
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Oh i feel like some shamesless self promotion :D

At the moment i am manio depressive. I am happy and energetic, and 3 minutes later i am crying because im a single guy with no loving woman to take care of me, and i was alone so many years, i shoudl be used to it, but i am not..

This year i have made the best music ever in my life, and i am working on a cd. it has changed form 3-4 times during 2 years i worked on it, but it will be a masterpiece, and i dont know if it will change peoples lives, like an album like Thriller by Michael Jackson did, but it will change my life to get it released, and thats what matters for me.

Every day i do something or create something, that changes me.. and when i change, the world changes.

Its all going somewhere, and its very very big and it has been going on for my whole life, and its worth the blood sweat tears and depressions, to get this stuff done.

Its the only thing i care about.
Leave a mark on the world, so i was just not some average joe who wasted his life working in a supermarket...

:D
2010-09-11 17:30
MC
Account closed

You have already left a mark on the world Jan. Don't underestimate yourself - ever.

Everything in life has a purpose. Even the hard and bitter bits.
2010-09-11 18:20
Sixx

Quote: You have already left a mark on the world Jan. Don't underestimate yourself - ever.

Everything in life has a purpose. Even the hard and bitter bits.

You got that right.

Oh, and i'm no composer (if you don't count ripping acid samples and putting them together in Protracker in the 80's as composing).

2010-09-12 00:36
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Quote: You got that right.

Oh, and i'm no composer (if you don't count ripping acid samples and putting them together in Protracker in the 80's as composing).

Cutting samples and making it sound good, then you are a sound designer :) it dont matter if you are as good as Charles Deenen or Brian Eno, its a matter of personal style! :D
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
aeeben
JEZ
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
chesser/Nigaz
Apollyon/ALD
Guests online: 139