Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > Home studio
2011-09-11 13:42
MC
Account closed

Home studio

In a month I will be moving to a new home which is sporting a 6.4 x 5.2m attic. This will be converted into a home studio consisting of...

2 Warwick bass guitars, a fender telecaster and gibson firebird guitar.
Fender, Trace Elliot, Ibanez guitar and bass amps, SWR bass cabinets.
A Yamaha P90 stage piano, Roland TD12 KX digital drumkit.
3 C64's running 6581's (the proper SID imho, with useful filters)

I have resourced the music-assembler playing routine (had lost the original sourcecode) and am thinking about creating some sort of midi driven prg that allows me to upload presets to the c64's and make them work together utilizing the music-assembler routine. Nine channels of whoop-ass SID power baby yeah!

How presets will be edited I do not know yet. Will be either on the C64's themselves or within a VST plugin.
Any VST plugin capable sequencer will be driving the C64's.

Ofcourse once I get things working properly I will release the C64 prg and possible VST plugin as open source software.

Stay in tune. This will take its sweet time as I haven't coded anything useful in years... Plus I need a couple of C64 midi interfaces. Any tips?

Cheers, Marco
2011-09-11 18:21
SIDWAVE
Account closed

read my personal message, now, its written after this. you are the champ!
2011-09-12 07:27
MC
Account closed

About your PM: Creation is the kick following this spark of imagination, the creativity is primary, this is the life mister Harries. Giving birth to ones ideas in whatever shape be it a song, a prg or a poem by writing/coding/composing it is the kick I get out of life. I am not following other people's ideas much.

Being active in another one's existing project can be very fruitful I know... But it won't be as much fun as making it myself so in this case I wish to elaborate on what I already started so many many years ago; The Music-Assembler player. Call me stubborn if you wish.

Although I do have a lot of respect for great creative minds like Geir I will embark on this mission using my own knowledge and wit. Maybe later I will want to join forces with someone. For now my primary goal is to be creative and get back into coding / composing.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Scooby/G★P/Light
Laurent
Moderators/CSDb Staff
K-reator/CMS/F4CG
Guests online: 77
Top Demos