Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!
2002-11-27 18:50
Richard

Domination #17 - Shit news - Here's the proper story!

What's the big idea posting shit about Excess and me as an Excess member? I'm not an Excess member. We know who the culprit is posting shit about Excess, when it wasn't Excess' fault but mine.

I admit that I passed my game 'Bomb Chase' to St0rmfr0nt/Excess via Email, because Urine (or should I say Onslaught) had first released a beta-version of this game which weren't meant to be spread. Later on, St0rmfr0nt/Excess firstreleased a properly trained version of this game (Which loads of people enjoyed) and added to the releasenote about Urine's version of the game being beta.

A day later St0rmfr0nt Emailed me asking me why I did a fake Excess release of Bomb Chase, and that I wasn't a member or Excess (Nor shall I be because I'm in 2 groups already). I told St0rmfr0nt the truth and told him that there's a lamer somewhere who probably thought it would be funny to do a fake Excess release.

I was really pissed off and we were suspicious that Jazzcat could have been behind the prank, after the Urine release had proved to be some fake. Urine tried to re-release the proper version of Bomb Chase but failed, because I asked all FTP owners to remove the release, as I had a feeling that Urine was really going to piss hard on my work.

I come up with a cunning plan (not so clever) which was create a FAKE ONSLAUGHT firstrelease of the same game. I also uploaded a few versions of Bomb Chase (Not Excess ones though, but TND. One with TND intro with a message attacking Onslaught, and another with no intro). I also uploaded a note to remove the fakes and just keep the genuine TND (intro-less) version of my game, and also the PROPER 'Excess' version of the game.

And (pant, pant) that's how the story goes. I am NOT (i repeat) NOT and Excess member, but a regular friendly contact with Excess. But from now on, I think I should let other groups try first releases of my work - for competition, no matter what. The Urine of Bomb Chase must have been some sort of joke. That game was too good to be lame - or was it to do with the graphics I prepared using Jon's the Multi-Screen Construction Kit?

If anyone adds to any news any more crap about either TND or Excess. We will be sure to bite back. Just wait and see.

I apologise for the grief I have cause concerning the uploading of the FTP's, but now....I think we are owed an apology!

... 95 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-01-07 20:39
cadaver

Remember, that it will be a multiplatform OS (using the portable Simple Directmedia Layer) so all testing etc. required leads to more time taken

Confusing...? :)
2003-01-07 21:57
CreaMD

8-O
2003-01-07 22:27
T.M.R
Account closed

Erm... yes. Or no? All i wanted was a ProTracker loader/converter i didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!! =-)
2003-01-07 22:49
cadaver

Would it perhaps feature, some kind of AI to squeeze the musical arrangement of <n> channels into 3? :)
2003-01-08 00:03
T.M.R
Account closed

No, just to load the original and select which three of the four was to be preserved - the only other thing it'd need to do is optimise down so that a repeated bassline only appears the once in the final file. =-)
2003-01-08 00:10
cadaver

Naturally, was just joking according to the previous megalomaniacal posts :)

In fact, this can be done, and easily. Can't say when, though :) It's better to do as an external utility than integrating into GT.

Btw. it's likely that commands like portamento & vibrato need adjustment afterwards, and all of them can't even be converted...
2024-03-17 14:45
Raistlin

Quote: Ah, now I understand that GoatTracker needs actually to become a whole 32-bit multitasking OS, to create a total enviroment of development freedom, and unparalleled connectivity & stability.

It'd be safe to say that it'll be out in 2009, then :)

21 years later, it should be ready now, right? Or were we slowed moving it over to a 64-bit multitasking OS?
2024-03-17 15:26
chatGPZ

Necroing like a boss :D
2024-03-17 15:58
TheRyk

golden shower of lyrics, however:

Quoting Richard

I was really pissed off and we were suspicious that Jazzcat could have been behind the prank, after the Urine release had proved to be some fake. Urine tried to re-release the proper version of Bomb Chase but failed, because I asked all FTP owners to remove the release, as I had a feeling that Urine was really going to piss hard on my work. ...
2024-03-17 17:50
Raistlin

Haha, someone suspicious of Jazzcat 2 decades ago? *Shock* .. some things never change (congrats again, Onslaught, on winning the Quality Crack Award in your own mag - you really do have a quality, shiny crack ;p).
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Andy/AEG
Krill/Plush
CA$H/TRiAD
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
goto80/HT
WVL/Xenon