Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > party competitions
2003-06-19 16:30
Nightlord

party competitions

hello everyone

being a total stranger to the parties i would like to ask something about the party competitions. why do some parties (in fact some of the ones with best releases) not allow entries by non-attending people. especially floppy and lcp. is there a special reason for this. i would very much like to compete in them but living in turkey working 45 to 60 hour weeks, it is not very probable that i will ever have a chance to visit scandinavia. so with all my good intentions about c64 demo making (believe me:)) why shouldn't i be allowed to send a demo to lcp and compete in there. ofcourse i would die to have a couple of beers with all sceners there, see my own stuff on big screen and see how people react to it but life is life...

i always think people come to decisions because they have their reasons. so i presume there was some historical reason about why the organizers decided to disclude non attender entries. i just would like to learn those reasons...

regards

... 12 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-06-20 19:55
Hate Bush

> if lcp is so strict, how come ed&joe
> competed at lcp2000 and britelite at lcp2001

Maybe different people are treated differently. For some of them, the organizers are ready to make exceptions, and for some of them not. I hope I am wrong.
2003-06-20 20:42
blackdroid
Account closed

Quote: >Uhm floppy seems to accept mail entrys. or >atleast "someone in the group is present", since f.e >jailbird competed at floppy with a picture, hcl being the >one from booze designs to hand it in I suppose.

>LCP is quite strict in that regard it seems.

uhm, if lcp is so strict, how come ed&joe
competed at lcp2000 and britelite at lcp2001 ?

Joe's and Ed's contributions was disqualified at LCP'2000
Only Clone's pic was accepted since Clone was there.
Hence my assumption that Autoboy and Frantik took their rules seriously.
2003-06-21 05:11
Stryyker

I think all you Europeans should fly over to Oz so we can have a decent size C64 only party...

To be honest, who cares about this? The organisers organise it as they want. It is essentially their party. They do the hard work getting it going. If you have major problems, hold onto a compo entry for a little while longer or send your work for use in some demo or diskmag (I'd love some tunes). Alternatively you hold your own party.
2003-06-21 05:16
Nightlord

hmm,

i do respect the party atmosphere and all the rules that the organizers are willing to apply. as i said i am sure there were reasons to why organizers decide to let email entries out.

i just would like to be a part of those parties, mostly being there in person. but even getting visas to european union countries from non-eu (plus muslim) countries are ever harder after sep11. i wouldn't be able to even get a visa without an invitation from some legal body i think. anyway that's off topic...

but i would still suggest a discussion about demo compos. i mean how many demos were there totally released in floppy + forever + deadline + vision. less than 15 i guess. i wouldn't expect an overflow problem for demo compos if the e mail entries were allowed. if an overflow do happen then maybe a preselection by the organizers would work.

simply put i think i won't have a chance of competing in the higher quality level of those scandinavian parties. and if people are finding ways around those rules by joining groups or getting members for one day than there seems to be some trouble inherent in those rules to me.

and by te way all these discussions should not mean that i am against parties and promoting web compos. i think the parties are one of the very last things that still keeps the scene going. so long live the parties and if e mail entries will cause parties to diminish and disappear in time then i shut up immediately. but i was hoping letting email entries (especially for demos) would help the scene. i might be wrong...
2003-06-21 07:47
Stryyker

There is no need to compete at all parties (I doubt many these days could compete hard at all party demo compos) so why not be happy with what you have got currently? Personally I prefer the Dutch (RIP X) and German compos to those in Sweden (I'm not very artistic or deep).
2003-06-21 13:15
blackdroid
Account closed

Getting a vacation visa is as easy as it always have been in sweden, and I expect it to be as easy in the rest of .eu. Even travelling to .us for vacation is still easy.
Even for me with arabic background and lots of visas from saudiarabia, egypt, bahrain, dubai, jordan etc in my passport. So in other words nightlord, get j0 ass to LCP or Floppy ;)
2003-06-21 16:42
hollowman

i realized that lcp was too artistic and deep for
me when booger/ht asked me to pull his finger
2003-06-21 17:07
TDJ

Quote: i realized that lcp was too artistic and deep for
me when booger/ht asked me to pull his finger

What happened when you did?
2003-06-21 17:57
Puterman
Account closed

TDJ: You mean you didn't read my party report? Wow, that hurts!
2003-06-21 19:13
TDJ

Quote: TDJ: You mean you didn't read my party report? Wow, that hurts!

Eh yes I did, but I thought you meant a different Hollowman.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Sokrates
Guests online: 137
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)