Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Finding out about old c64 groups....
2009-04-12 06:21
The Phantom

Finding out about old c64 groups....

Hey everyone...

I recently scored quite a bit of .t64's, but that's not my question here..

One of the releases was Zamzara (one of my all-time favorites). So I figured, what the hell and loaded it up. It was cracked by some group or guy called YATTERKING, even has an intro and trained quite well (i think +7 or 8). Does anyone have any information about this person or group, as they are not listed here.

... 15 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-03-10 18:55
The Yattering
Account closed

Quote: Heh, funny how my claims from 18+ years ago still pop up now and then.

I never fully bought Tri-Dos's explanation but that's the dickhead part of me. :) I'd be interested in what Relax Design members had to say about the matter as The Yattering was in their group in 1988. If they confirm that YAT = Tri-Dos, then the matter is closed in my mind. I've always suspected The Yattering was the man behind the curtain doing the hard stuff for Tri-Dos. This wouldn't be unheard of. Ian of Fusion had one of his mates do most of the cracking while the world assumed Ian was the man, for example.

Apologies for the 6 year thread necro :) But after a session of bored googling about my past 'identities', I discovered this thread and other info that has some inaccurate info.

Firstly, things I'm not. I was not the same person as Tri-dos and I'm also not "The Mega Yat" either. I was also not in "Relax Designs", just checking with the demos listed here for Relax Designs show no reference to "The Yattering" at all as far as I can see, so I'm somewhat confused why I'm listed there.

Secondly, I was also A.S.C.I.I. which I believe is listed here too.

And finally, Tri-Dos (Paul). Paul was a friend who lived a few streets from me. He loved the mail trading and the scene stuff, but couldn't code at all and hence couldn't crack. As you surmised, he had someone do that for him, mostly me, but possibly another local friend too. For a good while I was happy to let him take all the credit, because I didn't want to deal with trading and the scene, etc.

But eventually he got far to cocky about the whole thing and I started to insist on some credit, etc and started the Yattering name and joined him in Paninaro, etc. But I was still happy for him to take some credit. But I believe someone in the scene found out, possibly when he had a scene 'friend' (colin/clive?, too long ago to remember for sure) visit him and I met him once and he worked out what was really happening. I have no idea if it was him who leaked it or not, but Paul released that message claiming to be both Tri-Dos and The Yattering to try to stop his credibility from taking a hit and it seems quite a lot of people believed him :)

I have no memory of how/why/when it all ended, but Paul had gotten more and more into drugs and I wanted to have less and less to do with him. To the best of my knowledge he died a few years back, possibly/probably drugs related.

Shortly after all this I moved from cracking games to writing them, which I'm still doing today.
The Yattering
2015-03-10 19:17
CreaMD

What games you wrote? If that's not a secret? Btw. you can link your account to CSDB scener entry.
2015-03-10 20:42
Smasher

thanks for the necro post :) it doesn't matter if it takes years to know a nice scenestory...
oh well, the story is not that nice: are you sure about tridos? that's very very sad. I don't see him in the fallen heroes list; can anyone confirm or bring more news pleez?
greetz! Ze Smasher
2015-03-10 22:32
The Yattering
Account closed

Quote: What games you wrote? If that's not a secret? Btw. you can link your account to CSDB scener entry.

I've only just connected myself back to this old 'handle' and I'm still not sure if I want to associate it with my real life, we'll see.... :)

Thanks for the info on linking my account.
2015-03-10 22:42
The Yattering
Account closed

Quote: thanks for the necro post :) it doesn't matter if it takes years to know a nice scenestory...
oh well, the story is not that nice: are you sure about tridos? that's very very sad. I don't see him in the fallen heroes list; can anyone confirm or bring more news pleez?
greetz! Ze Smasher

Yeah, unfortunately, much of paul's/tri-dos's life had it's sad parts. After leaving the c64 scene, I lost direct contact, but I saw him around town every couple of years, he'd say hello, etc but he was living a life of hard drugs and it clearly showed unfortunately.

As for his death, I'm probably 95-99% sure. It's something like 8-10 years ago now and I only learnt of it second hand, but it was via friends of his family.
2015-03-11 01:15
Six

I would have sworn that Tri-Dos moved onto the Amiga and was kind of active there for a bit, but my memory isn't what it used to be. Perhaps this is him again trolling us old codgers.
2015-03-11 08:03
iAN CooG

so Yattering should be merged with A.S.C.I.I. ?
2015-03-11 12:42
Dr.j

So from the reported here can we say RIP Tridos ? :-((
if true so sad... :-(
2015-03-12 08:11
Fred

So now we have two A.S.C.I.I. sceners;

A.S.C.I.I.

and

A.S.C.I.I.

The last one is created 2 days ago by The Yattering himself.

The Yattering, was A.S.C.I.I. part of The Cult and were you active on the C64 in 1986 and 1987?
2015-03-13 01:38
bepp

Awesome story! 27 years later the truth is revealed. Someone need to link Tri-Dos with this info.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
Chico/Civitas
Icon/TRIAD
t0m3000/ibex-crew
invisible man/Unices..
Nith/TRIÉ…D