Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #1749 : Forever C | The Dirty Dozen
2011-02-26 22:44
CreaMD

Event id #1749 : Forever C | The Dirty Dozen

Hi Everybody,

It's 21 days to Forever 12, a.k.a. The Dirty Dozen. The theme is set around the lines of this movie (which some of you might seen) That means, army, soldiers, bravery and that stuff. You might get some inspiration from this, but that doesn't mean you are limited in your selection of themes.

I've started to collect entries starting from now. You can send them to my address: creamd@c64.sk (please use word "forever" somewhere in the subject or body of the email ;-)

Rules are standard Forever:

No wired GFX.

No covers in the music compo. Max 3 minutes of the music will be played in the compo. If you use old SID, let us know.

Intros are 1k (4k stuff ends in demo compo)

All entries should be executable.

E-mail entries are allowed and appreciated. If you want to get prize (t-shirt for first place, diplomas for other, Forever Eternity prize (the heavy black stone looking like monolith from the Space Odyssey) for the best thing released at the party) you should be present at the party.

---------

Even after 12 years of constant organising some of you might consider Forever to be an obsure east european party. Our scene has a lot of great parties during the year, including the mainstream ones. Funny thing about this is, that in past C64 sceners were majority of the visitors. However, the ratio has changed in past years though.

While Forever still stayed more or less same in the eyes of C64 sceners, the whole Atari scene (mostly residing in Poland) started to cosinder it a major event in their party schedule, spectrum scene (mostly residing in Czech republic, with few remaining active usrs in Russia and few guys in England) also regards it as the top event of the season, if I can say it like that.

Still, somehow, every year, we get around 100+ visitors, and even in the worst scnearios like last two years with last minute changes of places, visitors keep coming and many of them became the regulars. This is something that makes us keep organising Forever every year, even when we are getting older and more distracted from the scene life.

I understand that most of you have better things to do than visit or contribute to another of the many "small" scene parties around the world. That's why I never have high expectations about the things that get into the compos. Still every once in a while, there is something that surprises me in a good way, and makes me proud. I hope this year won't be an exception. I look forward for your presence / and / or / creations.

Thanx for support everybody.

CreamD
creamd@c64.sk
2011-03-07 09:37
CreaMD

*bump*

10 days to Forever 2011

CALL FOR ENTRIES:
send over your beautifoolish GFX and MSX and 1k intros.

creamd@c64.sk <- send here

I don't expect anyone releasing demo on obscure eastern european parties except of obscure eastern european groups, but you still have 10 days to suprise me ;-))))

thanx for support everybody

btw. there should be an AY Raiders Concert on friday.

updated on prices, etc:

ENTRANCE FEE: 12 EUR

ACCOMODATION: comfortable accomodation nearby (renovated, showers in the room etc): 10 EUR/ night

CreaMD/Dmagic
creamd@c64.sk
11 years of Forever organizing and still kicking ;-)
2011-03-07 22:04
CreaMD

Some videos from last year's Forever 11

party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQJfcsDNFQ

Prize Giving (Wotnau's stand up in self-made Turrican costume, and the first ever Forever Eternity prize given)
Note also the wotnau's infamous blue "tepláky" hanging on chair under the podium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2QPtbOzFPc

looking around partyplace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6lOf_eBLKs
that's me creamd in the end of video btw. ;-)))

The party will be held on the same place as you see in the video.

2011-03-12 23:54
CreaMD

*bump*

5 and something days to Forever 12 / C / Dirty Dozen / 2012... etc and no activity in my mailbox. Although there is some activity spotted on radars so I'm not totally nervous yet... maybe tommorow.

creamd@c64.sk <- for compo entries submission

2011-03-13 09:25
Conrad

Roman, most of the discussion is over at http://www.c64scene.pl from what I've seen. ;)
2011-03-13 15:05
CreaMD

Wau 9 pages.. gotta check ;-)
2011-03-13 16:49
CreaMD

3 - 1k intros submitted so far! It seems that this year's C64 1k compo will be the strongest from all Forevers!

And chance is that there will be at least one demo released at Forever this year too ;-)) I wouldn't mind more, though ;-) Demos anyone?
2011-03-14 18:16
NecroPolo

Chance, is :)
2011-03-14 20:34
CreaMD

NecroPolo, so maybe two? Cool. ;-)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Matt
Jucke
Krill/Plush
Mihai
Knut Clausen/SHAPE/F..
Ray Manta/DataDoor