Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #2292 : Back to Planet Alpha
2014-12-29 21:49
TheRyk

Event id #2292 : Back to Planet Alpha

I guess it makes more sense to discuss the canceling here than in comments either on AFL Party 2015 Canceled Info or the party entry itself.

One word: Bummer!

Indeed, I did not know before reading the CANCELED text that registry was obligatory. Maybe just _SOME_ more info in the entry Back to Planet Alpha would have helped. Or a sooner release "REGISTER NOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN". I thought it was kinda "let's see who's there" and possible to decide last minute whether to attend or not.

After there was no Maximum Overdose between the days (again), I was really looking forward to and 95% sure to attend. And I'm pretty sure at least two or more dozens of others are in the same situation now.

Guess you would not have released "CANCELED" if you didn't mean business, so it's settled.

Can only invite everyone to come to BCC Party #9 , it's about 6 weeks later, one hour ICE train ride from Braunschweig in Capital City (that's Berlin), no charge.

Still, I'm sorry, BTPA was canceled :(
2014-12-30 05:35
The Gothicman
Account closed

It seems that the whole project wasn't well organinized.
And since some people call me somewhat like the leader of the pack: I take all the blame...

IF those two dozens would register within the next days, then there's a good chance to get things started...

You see: We have to pay the "party-place" (Haha) even if we don't even show up there...

BUT... Whatever...

Sorry for trolling around and whatever...
As written above: Put all the blame on me!!!
2014-12-30 08:58
Xenox

Come on, Gothicman, that was not only your idea, the whole pack had this idea, if someone has the blame, blame on the whole crew, not only on you...!
2014-12-30 11:16
Link
Account closed

Maybe making a party in january isn't the best date.

Some people blamed on use, we have not spread the idea of the party enough but that's not true...

We posted it everywhere on the internet, we opened a new website with 2000 visits, a Facegroup group with 1700 visits and a invitation Intro on the C64 with over 250 downloads spreaded on the X (Invitro from AFL), a youtube video with over 600 clicks in my channel and much more. I think, that's enough...
2014-12-30 12:56
TheRyk

Wasn't blaming anyone for anything, blame is irrelevant, anyway.
Quote:
IF those two dozens would register within the next days, then there's a good chance to get things started...

I _DID_ register now, though it felt a little strange to registert for a canceled event :)
Let's see and count who is party animal engough to follow me.

Edit/Narf: Now people already invite for other events in Germany at the same date, maybe a reaction on the cancelling who could blame them for doing so... Cologne is too far for me atm, anyway, so I still keep my fingers crossed for 23(!) more or so who register within next days for BTPA
2014-12-30 13:09
Xenox

TheRyk, Link did not mean you, we got some emails and chats were people telling us there option we cannot share with them...
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Beast/Crescent
Didi/Laxity
Yogibear/Protovision
QuasaR/CENTRiC
Smiffy71/Feline Desi..
Enforcer/Deers