Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #1374 : Mega Industries
2009-01-24 19:21
Celtic
Administrator

Group id #1374 : Mega Industries

HI Everyone,

I am trying to fix up the mess surrounding Mega industries in the database. This includes double handles by members, wrongfull credits, etc.etc.

Does anybody know:
-Who is Mighty Mindcrime, I assume he changed his handle later on to something, i am unsure what.
[edit]: Answer: found out, it is Marc Hermans, aka GC sins
-Who is Boston Sinner, same stuff with the handles.
-Who is The Appreciator? He is mentioned in Suicidal as a Mega Industries member
-Who is Scythe? According to Suicidal he lived in the same town as Ennic and did Gfx.
[edit]: Answer: real name Misja Baas, i wonder if he changed handle to something else later and in which other groups he was.
-Who were the initial members?

Any other knowledge would be greatly appreciated. If you change anything please let me know, so i can keep track of this.

Also wanted: A demo called 'Dark Forrest' by Ennic and Scythe.

Hope someone can help me a bit with their knowledge of the old Scene in Holland. I am planning on working on groups like Mega Industries, Ruthless, Paradize, Silence, Verdict, etc.etc.

If more questions arise (and i am about a 100% sure they will) i will post them too.

... 2 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-01-25 14:55
Sander

Quote: Was Remi Ebus at X2008?

Yes.
Though a bit more shy than in the 90ties..
2009-01-25 16:04
Mace

Given the fact that Mega Industries was rebuilt in December 1990, shouldn't we create a new entry for the 2nd Mega Industries?

[edit]BTW, why is MC Sinn in CSDb as GC, while most mags I find, call him MC Sinn.
2009-01-25 16:57
A3

Quote: Given the fact that Mega Industries was rebuilt in December 1990, shouldn't we create a new entry for the 2nd Mega Industries?

[edit]BTW, why is MC Sinn in CSDb as GC, while most mags I find, call him MC Sinn.

Don't agree with you on that Mace what a mess that would be if we where to create a new group every time a group has been rebuilt.
2009-01-25 19:22
Mace

Quote: Don't agree with you on that Mace what a mess that would be if we where to create a new group every time a group has been rebuilt.

Why?

It happened before:
ABC Crackings [rebuild]
Brainbombs [fake rebuild]
Sacred [fake rebuild]
Section 8 [rebuild]
The Papillons Inc. [fake rebuild]
2009-01-25 19:25
chatGPZ

it should get a seperate entry IF the rebuilt group is really different from the other. eg hitmen was rebuilt 3 times, but always the original members were involved so there is only one entry. the rebuilt section 8 on the other hand has nothing to do with the original group so there are two entries.
2009-01-25 19:55
Mace

Ok, fine with me.

And I guess that all resurrection dates should be in 'trivia'?
2009-01-25 19:59
chatGPZ

yeah, since we dont have a better way, thats were it should go. i guess :)
2009-01-25 23:36
Celtic
Administrator

HI all,

thanks for some of the answers.

@ sander: when i start on ruthless and have questions i will contact you, and i will probably contact Remi to see if he can help, however i am hestitant, because he was the one making most of the problem in the first place (especially wrong/old handle crediting).

@ Mace: thanks for the extra updates i saw you make. Much appreciated. A second entry is like Groepaz said, perhaps not a good idea. I also changed GC Sinn to MC Sinn with GC Sinn as alternative spelling (for now...)

Generally i have come a lot further, i found out Mighty Mincrime changed his handle to Boston Sinner, then to Rabm348 and then to GC Sinn (within a year!! :).
The Appreciator is spelled The Arpegiator (strangly enough) and he changed handle to New Vision. After that i lost him. Perhaps another handle change.
Scythe: found him, and his real name, still have to find out if he was a member or not.

Anyways, i am currently running from Remark #6, so there is still plenty to come. I will keep you posted, and if anyone has more info (or more releases) let me know.
2009-03-25 22:36
Tachyon
Account closed

Hi and yes, I was the tired looking old guy at X2008 ;)

Oh and @sander, I was shy in the 90's as well ;-)

Some answers:
- Mighty Mindcrime aka GC sins aka Boston Sinner is indeed Marc Hermans. Never caught him using "Rabm348" though...

- The Appreciator, The Arpegiator aka New Vision.??? Auch this even cracks my memory, I suspect him to be Maarten Louwers (or spelled as Louer in de dbs), a musician & local friend. Didn't do much more than one tune we used in an Intro-style message though... I should check that one.

- Scythe is a local friend from Ennic (you already got his name I see), he did some artwork for Suicidal (the alien iirc) and he did the artwork for the voting sheet from the Remark magazine. He never was a member of Mega - Industries though.

The Initial members of Mega - Industries were Marc (Mindcrime) and me (Dragnet).

About the 'rebuild', the Amiga & PC divisions of Mega - Industries never left, only the C64 division left for Ruthless and then later was 'rebuild' back into a Mega - Industries division.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate. My mind might be a bit hazy about that period, but I'm sure I can answer most of your questions.
2010-01-16 11:24
Ventura
Account closed

I stumbled on to this by accident, anyway:
Dub One a member of Mega Industries?, when did this happen?.
Funny, considering the fact he visted my place frequently during the making of the Lemmings preview, and some other things he was working on prior to that.

[EDIT]

if(MEGA_INDUSTRIES_RELEASE != PARADIZE_RELEASE | OTHER_RELEASE)
move_elsewhere();

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
zscs
Krill/Plush
lft
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Freeze/Blazon
Guests online: 140