Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #2162 : Seven-up Crew
2012-01-06 18:19
bugjam

Group id #2162 : Seven-up Crew

I think there are actually 3 different entities responsible for the entries of this group: a single scener by the name of Seven Up ( which *could* be Seven Up ), The Seven-up Crew and Seven Up Inc. 1925, which is a different group from the Seven-up Crew (check the scroller in Ghosts'n Goblins - the members are completely different. This one *could* again be linked to Seven Up , as at least a certain TNT was also a member of his Advanced Breaking Crew , but that could be a coincidence as well.) Anyone has more info on that? Otherwise I will try to clean up the mess a little bit...
2012-01-06 22:00
Rough
Account closed

stumbled upon this today

"...Pater Becker said not to step into the footsteps of others and I remember the coincidence of my handle with the Seven Up crew from Essen. No way! Frank had the brilliant idea - Alpha Flight. Just amazing. Everyone knew: it's unbeatable and quite important was the name without letters..." (Seven*Up/AFL)

http://www.atlantis-prophecy.org/recollection/?load=crackers_ma..
2012-01-14 15:45
iAN CooG

I can't understand what he wanted to communicate...
2012-02-19 09:20
bugjam

OK, I tried to sort things out a bit to my best knowledge; I actually made an Excel file, comparing SYS-lines, greetings etc. :-)
Created a new group, attributed to Seven Up : Seven Up Inc.
And a new scener, as those 2 recracks did not fit into the other groups, and the greetings were all different: Seven Up .
There are a few releases that are still doubtful, e.g. Cauldron II [french] , those ones I kept with Seven-Up Crew for the time being.
2016-02-17 19:07
TheRyk

In my opinion the whole Seven Up situation seems a mess. At least some of the releases of the (alleged) two German groups come with very similar logos.

Just met some guy in another forum claiming to have been in a German Seven Up, maybe he can enlighten us. Will keep you posted.
2016-02-17 19:34
The MeatBall

Quote: OK, I tried to sort things out a bit to my best knowledge; I actually made an Excel file, comparing SYS-lines, greetings etc. :-)
Created a new group, attributed to Seven Up : Seven Up Inc.
And a new scener, as those 2 recracks did not fit into the other groups, and the greetings were all different: Seven Up .
There are a few releases that are still doubtful, e.g. Cauldron II [french] , those ones I kept with Seven-Up Crew for the time being.

It seems that many of the releases attributed to Seven Up is identified purely by the sysline: 1985 SYS 2080 SEVEN UP

I have several releases with the filenames ending in /FCS that has that sysline, are they Seven Up releases or FCS (whatever that is a abbrevation for, CSDb has a few suggestions...)?
2016-02-17 21:02
bugjam

Well, the similar logos could be due to the fact that they always refer to the same soft drink. ;-) But with the groups it is very clear that they are different (I have to find back that Excel file that I made, with all the greetings compared etc...) Of course it would be great if we could get some info from an old Seven Up member - maybe you can even lure him here. :-)
Regarding that SYS-line, hmmm, that could of course be the old problem that it is produced by a packer released by Seven Up - any way to find that out? Or, Seven Up (the scener) later joined the group FCS - so the release would be by the group, and the "Seven Up" in the SYS-line rather something like a credit for the crack...
2021-02-01 14:16
Zyron

This is still quite a mess. There appears to be mix ups of Seven-Up Crew, Seven Up, Seven Up Inc. and Seven Up. Perhaps Seven Up as well?
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iceout/Avatar/HF
Guests online: 74
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)