Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Group id #4751 : Cincinnati Commodore Computer Club
2007-04-10 01:11
Moloch

Group id #4751 : Cincinnati Commodore Computer Club

This is a user group and _not_ a scene group... why is there an entry for it here?

... 36 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-04-11 15:18
BAR.
Account closed

Hi Ninjasbane,

use the ignore list for him. :)
2007-04-11 15:29
Jon
Account closed

Why would I want to do that? He sends me stuff like this:

Message sent by: Scout on 2007-04-11 14:56:27.572033+02
blablablablabla

I know it's a little dull to read, but I was hooked after the third "bla". It was amazingly intelligent and thought provoking.

AND, I learned that he isn't the drooling fat fucktard people keep telling me that he is. He is incredibly charming and witty.

Thanks again, Scout! You RULE!

Ninjasbane
2007-04-11 15:31
BAR.
Account closed

I did that with TWR, Scout. :)
2007-04-11 15:51
Scout

Funny to see how personal people get with a simple 'fuck off' =)

Oh well.

Anyway, do what you like with the entry.
I give up.
2007-04-11 15:52
BAR.
Account closed

Thank you,
Scout.
2007-04-11 16:06
CyberBrain
Administrator

I find it sad to see how the scene has turned into a kindergarden for the elderly nowdays. Anyway, i agree with some of the above points.

I would say a Computer Club releasing demos (etc) under its own name, makes a subset of it as valid a group as any normal group, namely the subset involved in scene activities. I.e. the fact that they release something in the scene, promotes a subset of the club to a scene group (in the eyes of CSDb) and makes that subset belong in CSDb. As far as i remember it wouldn't be the first Computer Club to appear in CSDb either.

(For example, we don't say that a group doesn't belong in CSDb, just because it has an amiga or plus/4 division, do we? The part of such group that is C64 scene related belongs in CSDb, the rest does not. As far as i can see, it’s basically the same here.)

This doesn't mean that all their GEOS-paint pics, highscores and small basic snippets (etc) belongs in CSDb and it doesn't mean that all their 7323178 members should be added as sceners - common sense applies. Only the subset of the club that is interesting to the scene belongs here. This also means that not all computer clubs belongs here.

Feel free to point out any errors in my logic.

@twoflower: i'm not sure if i fully agree with your definition of a group as something which has members who has handles (it's tradition and cool, yes, but there are important exceptions), etc. But even according to that definition, it seems to me that CCCC belongs here. It looks like the members of CCCC interesting to the scene are using handles and that they have produced a release interesting to the scene (etc).

@Ninjasbane: both, but it's primarily meant as an encyclopedia of the past and present (and future? :) ) of the groups, sceners, releases and events of the scene. (and yes, that means that “annoying” stuff like (scene) SEUCKs, recracks, lamers and whatever belongs here)
2007-04-11 21:57
Moloch

"CCCC will stay as all the other fake releases and the
fake groups will.."

Difference here is fake groups actually have a place in the scene. If you don't understand/comprehend that than you've shown that your understanding of the scene is next to nothing.

CCCC hasn't released anything, the "C4 Invite" was released independent of any group. It has only been added now to try and build-up the bullshit case that CCCC is something other than a user group. I fully expect some quicky release with a CCCC logo to show-up here to try and keep the bullshit piling up.

"All of those user groups had sceners in them?"

They don't need sceners as members, because by adding CCCC here we are now saying that user groups are scene groups.

Also, plenty of user groups organize "Expos" that sceners attend. Does that suddenly make those groups into scene groups? No it doesn't. Robert Bernardo organizies the CommVex thing, I'm guessing that makes him a scener now?

community != scene
2007-04-12 01:49
Six

"CCCC hasn't released anything, the "C4 Invite" was released independent of any group."
I think I know what group I released an invitation intro for.

"It has only been added now to try and build-up the bullshit case that CCCC is something other than a user group."
No, it has been added now because there now is a record for the group the release was done for.

"I fully expect some quicky release with a CCCC logo to show-up here to try and keep the bullshit piling up."
Thank you for attempting to discourage any further releases for CCCC.

2007-04-12 03:08
Jon
Account closed

Did I get personal somehow? I didn't mean to.

I wanted to tell you that you aren't the guy people tell me that you are. And I'm sure when they tell me that you go to the playground to masturbate, that is a complete lie.

But don't fret too much, Scout. I am QUITTING THE SCENE!
Why? Who cares.

But I have prizes. Lots of prizes. Let's award them!

Ninjasbane
2007-04-12 11:57
BAR.
Account closed

Dear Jon Mines,

today i received a letter by CMN and after reading this,
i removed him from CSDB, the CCCC is locked by six.
You have to ask him to remove this entry now..

GO64 was removed also.
Bad idea to add your IRC chats, Jon. :0

The admins talked to me about your feelings and it seems
we both did mistakes. ;)

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Martin Piper
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
Quetzal/Chrome
Guests online: 155
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)