Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #11870 : Ben Dover
2010-10-13 02:28
Rough
Account closed

Handle id #11870 : Ben Dover

Is that really Tristan/Empire? The Ben Dover guy NTSC fixed Zero Gravity Race for X-Rated + Burp while Tristan wasn't a NTSC fixer.
2010-10-13 06:26
Tristan
Account closed

It was either a joke between everyone, or a single byte fix.

edit: It may just be the scroll text signing/credit for the end of the text in the scroll. I wrote most all of the scrolls/poetry in the Empire and Burp intros from 1991-1992.

I also had done a few instructed fixes, packing, and intro linking jobs on a few releases, both Emp and Burp. It wasn't my job, but when you had a fresh import and couldn't reach the pros, you had no choice. I can remember getting help from American/Canadian demo coders, other euro groups, or our intro teams, etc. I think Biff was 100% done by me. Also a Talent release... I remember cause I can still hear Bod complaining about my inability to do a complete release, and me infuriating him. I was a hacker and organizer for the most part.
2010-10-13 13:37
Rough
Account closed

Can you confirm that the handle Ben Dover was used by several people?

Thanks for the info anyhow.
2010-10-13 22:53
Tristan
Account closed

Quote: Can you confirm that the handle Ben Dover was used by several people?

Thanks for the info anyhow.

What do you mean "used by several people?" Ben Dover/Burp was *my* lamer handle. Kwazi Wabbit was Booze, Wayne Gretzky was Rich... cant remember who was who for the rest. I could jog my memory later. Why is it so important to know? At least 10% of the "history" I've read on CSDB is completely wrong. All this obsessive categorization of shit that happened in the past is just creating a bigger problem... Inaccuracies.
2010-10-13 22:58
iAN CooG

"At least 10% of the "history" I've read on CSDB is completely wrong. All this obsessive categorization of shit that happened in the past is just creating a bigger problem... Inaccuracies."

So let's keep all inaccurate then, right? It's only by asking to people who knew the truth that we can fix errors in the db.
2010-10-13 23:02
Tristan
Account closed

Quote: "At least 10% of the "history" I've read on CSDB is completely wrong. All this obsessive categorization of shit that happened in the past is just creating a bigger problem... Inaccuracies."

So let's keep all inaccurate then, right? It's only by asking to people who knew the truth that we can fix errors in the db.

If you're not sure who did what, when, where, how, and why; Then just leave it alone. Don't assume stuff just to fill up a database. People open pages in others handles, then fill out shit they read in intros. If it doesn't come from the horse's mouth, its probably came from some one else's. There is also more than one side to a story. When you got guys like Shark/INC giving the details, its going to be biased and incorrect, INTENTIONALLY!
2010-10-13 23:41
Rough
Account closed

@Tristan: Your above words 'It was either a joke between everyone' sounded to me as if the handle was used by several people, something which often happened with fake groups.

this forum is public so it is read by dozens maybe hundreds people, the best way to find the truth with scene history exploring cos many people could contribute in a discussion, which may lead to cross out false information.
An example: when Alien/PC stated that the BCS crack intro was the first in the world (1982!!) which is obviously wrong:

http://intros.c64.org/main.php?module=showintro&iid=156
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=17555

What you call "obsessive categorization" does lead to decrease "problems", not the opposite.

@IanCoog: ditto
2010-10-13 23:52
Tristan
Account closed

The only way to surely validate the accuracy of scene history, is to find the people who made it. All I'm sayin'

Edit: and MiddleAge Caveman/BURP was The Extremist of Empire. Cause he looked like one. Receding hairline but long in the back. hahaha I'll go through the intros/member list and figure out the rest.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Acidchild/Padua
aeeben
JEZ
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
Guests online: 134
Top Demos