Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #9284 : Relaunch64
2008-02-27 05:46
null
Account closed

Release id #9284 : Relaunch64

it seemed like a nice editor, until it decided not to run my compiled sources in vice, but instead, only manually compiled sources... ( yes, I am pretty sure I set up the compiler/emu properly.. )

Also, the whole program decided to shit itself after reloading a file... now the highlighting colours are fucked up, and the icon-toolbar is gone... o.O

maybe it's just me doing something wrong, and if yes, please help me out! :_)

( sorry for the bitchy tone, It's still early and I need moar coffee )

------------------------------------
http://zomgwtfbbq.info

... 10 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-02-29 08:10
null
Account closed

can someone *please* explain what this c64errors.txt file is? because I appear to be unable to find it ANYWHERE. ( yes, I searched my whole system, no-where to be found.. )

2008-02-29 08:49
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

Quote: can someone *please* explain what this c64errors.txt file is? because I appear to be unable to find it ANYWHERE. ( yes, I searched my whole system, no-where to be found.. )

I think the c64errors.txt file is the redirected output of the command-prompt/ACME output, which Relaunch64 uses to display then in a separate window after compiling... I assume Relaunch64 is using some redirects when calling the ACME-compiler, like:

ACME.exe > c64error.txt

Just create that file and put some text in, and after compiling+run (F6) you should see that text in that error-log window of Relaunch64, at least it does here...

However the cmd-prompt will always(!) disappear, that's why I assume that Relaunch64 rely on that file to display compiling results... if it doesn't find that file, then now window pops up and compiled file will be run in winvice f.e.

Strange is that it worked for me, but now after playing around with the compiler-parameters, it seems I have same problem as you have... bitchy thing *grr*

guess I have to check that out on weekend again, 2night I'm off for the 'Eskobar' concert... (c;
2008-02-29 09:38
null
Account closed

okay, I'll try this.

2008-02-29 09:43
Devia

this sounds like a current/working dir issue.. if ACME is indeed run with >c64errors.txt that file should exist _somewhere_ on the disk, if the problem is not that there are no write permissions to wherever it tries to store it.
2008-02-29 09:49
null
Account closed

Quote: this sounds like a current/working dir issue.. if ACME is indeed run with >c64errors.txt that file should exist _somewhere_ on the disk, if the problem is not that there are no write permissions to wherever it tries to store it.

well, I just created a file called 'c64error.txt' ( not c64errors.txt ) and that fixed the problem for a part. I still have a "cannot open toplevel file '>'" error. :/

Devia: What kind of permissions do I set then? I mean, *I* have full access in the whole Acme/Relaunch64 folders... so why doesn't the program? what do I do to fix the permissions ( if that really is the problem.. )?

2008-02-29 10:14
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

Quote: this sounds like a current/working dir issue.. if ACME is indeed run with >c64errors.txt that file should exist _somewhere_ on the disk, if the problem is not that there are no write permissions to wherever it tries to store it.

Devia, I assume the same... a current/working dir issue!

though I think the file does not need to exist on redirects, it will be created on both cases of redirect > and >>
guess maybe also a permission problem like you've mentioned, I can't test at the moment as I'm at work (c;

and sorry Knoeki for the 'S', to fast tapping in the morning due to the black hot brew... *gg* (c;
2008-02-29 11:14
null
Account closed

Quote: Devia, I assume the same... a current/working dir issue!

though I think the file does not need to exist on redirects, it will be created on both cases of redirect > and >>
guess maybe also a permission problem like you've mentioned, I can't test at the moment as I'm at work (c;

and sorry Knoeki for the 'S', to fast tapping in the morning due to the black hot brew... *gg* (c;

the 'S' thing was my own mistake ;_)

2008-02-29 11:31
Devia

Baahh.. just tried with the latest relaunch and acme 0.90 for win32.. cant get shit to work. Dunno wtf is going on, but I have a working relaunch back home someplace.. I'll take a look at it later tonight.

If you're an admin, it's not a permissions issue unless you've been playing around ;-)
When you do a blacommand.exe > someshit.txt in MSDOS or CMD that file will be created if it doesn't exist and it will be replaced if it does (if permissions allow it of course).
2008-02-29 11:40
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

Quote: Baahh.. just tried with the latest relaunch and acme 0.90 for win32.. cant get shit to work. Dunno wtf is going on, but I have a working relaunch back home someplace.. I'll take a look at it later tonight.

If you're an admin, it's not a permissions issue unless you've been playing around ;-)
When you do a blacommand.exe > someshit.txt in MSDOS or CMD that file will be created if it doesn't exist and it will be replaced if it does (if permissions allow it of course).

hehe Devia... funny thing, eh? (c;
and like I've already mentioned before, it also worked for me, until I've played around with the compiler-params and target-outputdir in Relaunch (or so)... don't know exactly what I've changed now, need to compare, but this morning it didn't work anymore *gg* I will also check out that bloody thing 2morrow again...

2008-03-02 10:08
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

ok, now I have found out why it doesn't work with the separate error-log window in Relaunch64. There were 2 reasons why it didn't work properly:

The first problem was I haven't set the target-output dir in the compiler settings (menu options -> compiler-settings -> change output directory...)
That caused the c64error.txt file was created (in my case) on root of drive d:\ and then Relaunch64 couldn't find the file.
So I set up the path to the ACME directory and it worked.

Next problem was the -v1 param on the compiler-settings.
-v1 shows minimum details on output when compiling with ACME, hence only errors and warnings will be displayed (if you use -v2, -v3 or higher you've got more detailed output)

Using -v3 for example showed me the error-log window, but still didn't work properly, even on errors winvice was started.
When using -v1 Relaunch64 doesn't show that error-log window. But why? Because the c64error.txt was empty after compiling, which I thought it was strange... so I did a test in dos-prompt:

acme.exe -v1 source.asm >error.txt

and indeed it's empty. The reasons is because error and warnings got redirected to STDERR instead of STDOUT and that's why Relaunch64 think there was no error.

So I just wrote a little batch-file 'compile.bat' and redirected STDERR to STDOUT:
_________

@echo off
acme.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 2>&1
_________

and used this one in the compiler-settings instead of ACME.exe and it works now fine for me also with -v1 param...
The important part of the line is 2>&1 which redirects STDERR to STDOUT...
(if it doesn't find ACME.exe then add the path to environment varibles or just use it with a full qualified path in the batch-file)

just give it a try and I hope it works for you aswell... (c;

____

anyway this is still strange for me because I'm sure I didn't redirect STDERR before (and I thought both, STDOUT and STDERR, will be redirected to console on default), just used the acmeloop.bat of ACME for compiler-settings. I'll try to find out why, maybe it has something to do with compatibilty-mode or similar...

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
Unkle K/Reset Magazi..
Jazzcat/Onslaught
Guests online: 141
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)