Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #94766 : Defender +6Gfx
2010-10-18 13:55
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Release id #94766 : Defender +6Gfx

Why did you remove my credit for the intromusic ?
Does this mean, that no cracks at all have credits for intro tune ?

Weird, if you ask me..

... 15 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-10-19 09:18
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Well, the system is flawed i think.

It results in x number of tunes/whatever, not showing up on a profiles release list.

It could be that I have released 12 tunes in various intros, but none of them are linked to me, and you cannot see that i did them, so this means that released stuff goes into the thin air.

So if CSDB was meant to record everything about who did what and when, then this strange rule is preventing that.

A simple example: Cooperation Demo tune by Future Freak, is likely in 100+ intros. So my statement is, that you should see those 100+ cracks on Future Freaks profile.

Else i dont see the point of CSDB anyway...
2010-10-19 09:34
V-12

I agree with Jan, because I think that the intro is a part of crack and credits should be listed. I can understand if in the past there were 500 cracks using the same intro with same music but nowadays nobody is doing like this. People are doing exclusive tunes for intros etc.

Personally I don't count ripped intro as separate C64 release. Intro is a part of crack :)
2010-10-19 09:41
Conrad

Regarding music in intros... I would prefer to see a single entry of the intro on its own, with full credits including the music... but then have HVSC links to all the SIDs that were used in the same intro, as well as links to all the cracks that use the intro (this is already available).

I disagree with adding music credits to cracked releases directly, because:

1.) It will take ages to add music credits to every single crack on this site. (We're talking about roughly 25 years of stuff here, some of which that are locked as well, and that will put more pain up your arse.)
2.) It will overload the musician's profile with hundreds of releases that are less likely to be viewed by people who are not interested in the cracking scene, as well as focusing out the more important music releases in demos or music compos.
3.) They would still be unreachable if you are in "demo" mode on CSDb ;), and I know a lot are in that mode for past reasons. Besides that, "C64 Intros" can be still viewed in "demo" mode.

Having said that, it will help boost your profile with more credits. Though I'd rather see CSDB optimised with these sort of credits. Having lots of credits doesn't mean you'll get lots of hits, if that is what you're really after.
2010-10-19 11:14
chatGPZ

Quote:
Regarding music in intros... I would prefer to see a single entry of the intro on its own, with full credits including the music... but then have HVSC links to all the SIDs that were used in the same intro, as well as links to all the cracks that use the intro (this is already available).

and thats exactly how its supposed to be, indeed.

and the rest aswell, you got it =)

(except "intro" != "crack intro" =))
2010-10-19 11:58
Rough
Account closed

Quoting rambones
t could be that I have released 12 tunes in various intros, but none of them are linked to me, and you cannot see that i did them, so this means that released stuff goes into the thin air.

So if CSDB was meant to record everything about who did what and when, then this strange rule is preventing that.

A simple example: Cooperation Demo tune by Future Freak, is likely in 100+ intros. So my statement is, that you should see those 100+ cracks on Future Freaks profile.

That's not caused by the CSDb system, but because people tend not to add entries for intros linked to cracks they open up aentries for.
2010-10-19 13:42
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Regarding music in intros... I would prefer to see a single entry of the intro on its own, with full credits including the music... but then have HVSC links to all the SIDs that were used in the same intro, as well as links to all the cracks that use the intro (this is already available).

1.) It will take ages to add music credits to every single crack on this site. (We're talking about roughly 25 years of stuff here, some of which that are locked as well, and that will put more pain up your arse.)
2.) It will overload the musician's profile with hundreds of releases that are less likely to be viewed by people who are not interested in the cracking scene, as well as focusing out the more important music releases in demos or music compos.
3.) They would still be unreachable if you are in "demo" mode on CSDb ;), and I know a lot are in that mode for past reasons. Besides that, "C64 Intros" can be still viewed in "demo" mode.

Having said that, it will help boost your profile with more credits. Though I'd rather see CSDB optimised with these sort of credits. Having lots of credits doesn't mean you'll get lots of hits, if that is what you're really after.

I fully agree .....
2010-10-19 18:18
iAN CooG

Quote: Regarding music in intros... I would prefer to see a single entry of the intro on its own, with full credits including the music... but then have HVSC links to all the SIDs that were used in the same intro, as well as links to all the cracks that use the intro (this is already available).

What about intros used hundred times but with dozens of different songs, and sometimes a song used only in one? how can you tell which releases uses a particular song? In an intro entry you only see a list of authors and sids, it doesn't say which exactly uses tune x and which tune y... Not counting that no one cares, it seems by just looking at random intro entries, to link EVERY release using that intro. I spend all my evenings and weekends entering sid entries and fixing badly credited music authors - the option to enter sid paths is exceptionally good to find who's really the author and finding real release dates - but how many can tell they care to do the same?
I entered the sid link to this entry
Caveman Ugh-Lympics
because it seemed that NO OTHER RELEASE uses this song. Spank me but it's the only way I have to know where that song is from. The same intro is used by other releases but don't have that tune.
Besides, any solution it's not optimal anyway if even entry owners lock their stuff and don't complete the credits/sid lists themselves.
2010-10-19 20:20
chatGPZ

you have a point... however to handle this special case, the database structure must be changed so this kind of relation can be dealt with.
2010-10-21 17:57
Moloch

Yeah, that is an issue. I've done this a few times, changed a music in an intro for whatever reason. Obviously the CSDb system currently can't handle that, but certainly something that should be fixed in the "future".

("future" generally meaning YR2065 of something)
2010-10-21 18:15
chatGPZ

we are competing with masons c64heaven on this delay issue =)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Mr. Spock/T'Pau
iAN CooG/HVSC
Electric/Extend
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Bacchus/FairLight