Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #97764 : You. Here. Now.
2011-02-07 22:09
MagerValp

Release id #97764 : You. Here. Now.

Quoting Carrion
i cant believe they didnt accept email entries at DS'11.
shame on the organisers' i cant believe there were only 2 entires ...

Email entries haven't been allowed at major Swedish parties for the last 10+ years, and Datastorm is no exception. If graphicians choose not to attend, and those that are there don't release, there's not a whole lot we as organizers can do. Mermaid, Twoflower, DCMP, Vodka, Dane, Dino, Poison, and Blackdroid were all sorely missed.
2011-02-10 07:48
Archmage

Quote: Quoting Carrion
i cant believe they didnt accept email entries at DS'11.
shame on the organisers' i cant believe there were only 2 entires ...

Email entries haven't been allowed at major Swedish parties for the last 10+ years, and Datastorm is no exception. If graphicians choose not to attend, and those that are there don't release, there's not a whole lot we as organizers can do. Mermaid, Twoflower, DCMP, Vodka, Dane, Dino, Poison, and Blackdroid were all sorely missed.

Quoting MagerValp
Mermaid, Twoflower, DCMP, Vodka, Dane, Dino, Poison, and Blackdroid were all sorely missed.

I can only second this. There is, however, a small matter that makes Carrion's point slightly more valid in the case of Datastorm, and that is that the visitor limit is a lot stricter than on the other Swedish parties. Luckily the Amigaguys made sure that we had a lot of pixel galore even so.
2011-02-11 22:06
MagerValp

Quoting Archmage
There is, however, a small matter that makes Carrion's point slightly more valid in the case of Datastorm, and that is that the visitor limit is a lot stricter than on the other Swedish parties.

That's simply due to the location. It's awesome, but there's just no way we can fit more than 140 people.
2011-02-11 22:22
Sixx

Let me take a look into the future: Next year (if there will be a DS party) we get 10 submissions from visitors and 5 email entries from Hein, Mirage and so on, would that be fair to the ones actually being on the party?

FFS, was there ANY graphician that didn't get a seat and planned to release a compo pic this year? Doubt it. Carrion, you're welcome to attend next year, damn i promise to reserve a seat for you right now if you want to, but be aware that you'll probably end up second or lower if Mr. Archmage intends to visit us again. ;)

Peace and love.
2011-02-12 21:49
PAL

I always thought a dataparty hold competitions for the ones at the party, I think that is the essence because it is what is fun, to compete with the others at the party... for me that is the best! But I must say that if there are members of the group one belongs to they could submit other members art? I am a bit split in this, but for demos it is often like this, that one or more members are not present... so I think also this should apply in the other compos? or... I am split here as I said because only the demo compo is a efferot of more people...
2011-02-13 00:19
Archmage

And I am not saying change the location. No way! I love that place! Just saying that _because_ there is the space limitations it might be an idea to open up for external entries to avoid the two pics in the competition-situation. But on the other hand, there were quite a lot of c64 graphics last year so this year might be an exception rather than a rule. So like my pal PAL I am kind of split in this. And Sixx has a point too so... perhaps I should just shut up and pixel something instead. Yeah. ;)
2011-02-13 11:53
Radiant

There were several C64 graphicians there who didn't release any pictures as well, instead opting for the Amiga compo or focusing on other types of productions. Stuff like that happens, especially when you have mixed platform parties. :-)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
MCM/ONSLAUGHT
Alakran_64
rexbeng
Krill/Plush
megasoftargentina