Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Dim cold calculation?!?!?!
2002-08-25 22:41
CreaMD

Dim cold calculation?!?!?!

Okay.. I have to say something about the thing which really bugs me now. It's a sentence taken from review of Singles Collection. Here we go: "a dim, coldly calculated concept made for the due of things. Sadly enough all too recent as demands for not letting the stream dry up completely".

Dear critic.. Please don't tell us that you know what we feel when we compose, draw and code. Are you really so desperately incompetent that you really believe that people like TMR, Hollowman and others who participated in the project produce things because they desperately want the stream (another stupid catch word from that cathegory where retro & oldskool belongs) to continue?? Oh man, wake up.. nobody needs to do anything. If those people didn't enjoy what they did, they would never do anything. Please don't tell us that creative people do things because they want to keep c64 alive. I don't think anybody who participated on production of the collection did that with this purpose, only you are so incompetent that you dare to present daemagogy as fact. My god, dude those words you said are naiver than any retro bafflegab I've ever read on lemon64.com forums or comp.sys.cbm. And this from person who is actively participating in the C64 scene. Please go spread your incompetent and daemagogical definition of scene productivity somewhere else than in the most prestigious magazine ever produced.

Ah.. by the way.. according to your definition Vandalism News is a cold calcualtion too.. just to keep scene alive? Yeah?. If you believe in your own words, you already consider scene dead. Scene(rs) doesn't think and analyse things just for the sake of thinking and analysing things like you do.. Sorry but scene(r) is not so simple like you try to present to us. If there is just one person who understands the scene(rs), please stand up and say. Yeah, that's me. .... silence... have a nice dream dude.

... 60 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-05-25 17:23
jailbird

Dear mister, first of all, as far as I know, the (uncredited) article was published in a magazine called "Vandalism News", which is not a "Wrath"-only product... Do we have to cope with Onslaught members too?

"So in attacking one member, you are ofcourse facing the whole group"

That's a low, demagogic statement... Was the article written by the whole group, several members or one person? The article is not credited to anyone. Yes, and I absolutely hate the article and the opinion stated in it. From now on, do I have to hate Oxidy or Blackdroid as well?

"Well, better watch your words then and try to realize only why the article was written in the first place."

As I see, the article was written to express opinions (the whole group's, Joe's, Ed's... doesn't matters) in a C64 scene-media. If the opinion doesn't reflects the truth, read: "based on untrue presumptions", isn't that so pretty logical that one has the right to disagree. Read carefully, I qute the article: "(Singles Collection is) ...a dim, coldly calculated concept made for the due of things. Sadly enough all too recent as demands for not letting the stream dry up completely". I am pretty sure that the writer(s) of the articles never asked TMR and the others about their intentions while working for the demo. Thus, their statement is a simple speculation, nevertheless highly hypocritical if I look behind their back and dig out, exempli gratia, "The Courtesy of Soviet".

But just to make it simple for you, in your own words: better watch your words then and try to realize only why the DEMO WAS MADE in the first place.

For the end, please make clear what are you 'ritin' about? Have you read the whole thread, all the comments?Who attacked *one* member? All the more, who *attacked* at all? And if so, who attacked at the first place, if we look on it that way?
Personally, I love the products of Wrath, I like the works of Wrath members. If I disagree with the opinion of several members, I don't attack the whole group, that's it. Period.
2004-05-25 17:34
CreaMD

;-) I think I have found a new scene buzz-word. "zombie-topic" ;-) Topic which have crawled out of the grave of forgetfulness...
2004-05-25 17:37
Twoflower

Oh my,

This is amusing. We all take ourselves and other peoples opinions far too serious sometimes. Admit that there really are people (outside the retardscene, that is) producing stuff just for the sake of producing - putting together a more or less decent release just for the sake of participating, adding something to the "stream" of more or less important releases. It's natural, and also a part of todays mentality! For instance, just look at all the sidcompoentries. 50 percent of those are just created for the sake of the compo, right? I wouldn't call it "dim, cold calculation", but I would surely say "50% of the tunes are made for the sake of participating in a bigger event, adding more water to the stream". Same goes for many compoentries. Am I wrong here? The retardscene, on the other hand, produces only for the sake of production.

But please continue this discussion, I enjoy reading it.

Disco Calculi. We'll that's a handle. :D
2004-05-26 13:09
Hein

<snip>
"a dim, coldly calculated concept made for the due of things. Sadly enough all too recent as demands for not letting the stream dry up completely".

Maybe the critic miss-spelled: a dim, coldly ejaculated concept for the due of things. Sadly enough all too recent as demands for not letting the stream dry up completely.

That way, it's for a good cause.
2004-05-26 13:38
TDJ

Quote: <snip>
"a dim, coldly calculated concept made for the due of things. Sadly enough all too recent as demands for not letting the stream dry up completely".

Maybe the critic miss-spelled: a dim, coldly ejaculated concept for the due of things. Sadly enough all too recent as demands for not letting the stream dry up completely.

That way, it's for a good cause.

:)
2004-06-07 11:15
Ed

I guess there is no point of any further comments from me here as it seems, although somewhat roughly scetched by TwoFlower that the issue is far more advanced than presented here sofar. As I stated and will say again: "you should have a look at or try to find out the reason why the article was written in the first place" then maybe things will become atleast in one sense more clear.

And yes Jailbird. I will watch my words from now on.

2004-06-07 11:26
CreaMD

Ed what Twoflower said is something else than your article claims. It's clearly visible that what started this thread was my hot-blooded reaction, but I don't feel like adding or removing anything from this long-forgotten-zombie-thread. I still think that the mentioned part of the review was metaphysical daemagogic crap.

2004-06-08 20:04
jailbird

Allrightie. There's really no need to roll the rock further.
Ok Ed, nevermind. Seems I'm missing a point about that article... and you're probably right. Amen to that. We have all learned our lesson, yippie... So let's just stop arguing about a hasty sentence, and do something creative instead. Pretty please.
2004-06-09 14:26
Ed

Quote: Allrightie. There's really no need to roll the rock further.
Ok Ed, nevermind. Seems I'm missing a point about that article... and you're probably right. Amen to that. We have all learned our lesson, yippie... So let's just stop arguing about a hasty sentence, and do something creative instead. Pretty please.

Well. Both yes and no in a sense. I thought I was creative enough to finally answer to some of the bollocks (yes! since opinion matters....) written behind my back, that's why I joined this forum in the first place :)

About creativity on a larger scale - That could be a problem since the release by me and Joe (the .avi-files found here! - which by the way noone ever spoke about(?), despite the fact that it's five years of work put together in one piece.... )

We got no inspiration whatsoever nor time for that matter to finish the real demo on the c64. So in a way, I guess that we will continue being creative with the Vandalism News-thingy but will probably never ever contribute anything else to this scene as there are plenty of scenes left to explore - that's: unless we are motivated again to do so...
2004-06-09 14:30
Ed

Quote: Ed what Twoflower said is something else than your article claims. It's clearly visible that what started this thread was my hot-blooded reaction, but I don't feel like adding or removing anything from this long-forgotten-zombie-thread. I still think that the mentioned part of the review was metaphysical daemagogic crap.

Why should you remove anything? That would be a stupid thing to do. Actually, I was surprised noone else shared your reaction in the first place :)

(but hey, I just got back on the internet and havent really dug in the matter so...)

About Twoflower. His text surely shows that there is a need for discussion, aswell as your "hot-blooded reaction", which was the intention in the first place. Nevertheless, it is a shame that it had to be metaphysical daemagogic crap that started it in the first place.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Stryyker/Tide
Airwolf/F4CG
psenough
CA$H/TRiAD
insane/Rabenauge
Guests online: 129