Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Laxity cracks from It's Magic 2 and Bomb Mania (4player version)
2006-03-20 16:23
HMVDVA
Account closed

Laxity cracks from It's Magic 2 and Bomb Mania (4player version)

According to Gamebase 64 Laxity released It's Magic 2 (http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=13436&d=18&h=0) and the 3 and 4 player version Bomb Mania (http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=948&d=18&h=0).
Both games are from Protovision.
These cracks are nowhere to be found.
Does any1 have them?

Thanx in advance.

Hugs and Kisses,
HMVDVA/Hema+Troep

... 23 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-03-21 02:30
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: you speak of things you don't know too much about. A pity, as you might realise how foolish your comments just were.

What exactly is foolish on my comments except of being daring to speak against commonly accepted cracker arguments? ;-) And what exactly is the thing I don't know much about except of (maybe) assumption that when I don't have coder job in the scener profile that must automatically mean that I don't understand how packers, crunchers and loaders work, how to make trainers, how to trace the executing of code, and how to identify the crucial parts of the protection (if any). And anyway, what is harder today? To be a cracker or magazine editor in chief? IMO the second one ;-)
2006-03-21 03:41
Jazzcat

CreamD: your profile and what skills you have are of no concern to me. I'm speaking about being part of the cracking scene, living it, breathing it and working in it. Is it really the crackers fault that games are not protected in any way? Is it really the crackers fault that other platforms and the money-attraction from those have drawn people away from creating games on C64? Is it the crackers fault that a game isn't completed and only a preview is released?

It wouldn't matter how much energy was spent on "cracking" TANKS 3000. The download link would have been deleted if it was +1, +20 or one-filed.

People get so upset about the terminology used here, like "crack" versus "release". This is utterly the responsibility of the game producer, if the game is protected, then the released version is a "crack". If the game is not protected then the released version may be known merely as a "release". Blablabla. Who cares?

I don't really feel that people are targetting Protovision either. But I do feel if any group or anyone do something that isn't liked or is perceived as "lame" then that subject will get jumped on. If someone or something gets jumped on over and over and over, then... well, draw your own conclusion.
2006-03-21 04:05
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: your profile and what skills you have are of no concern to me. I'm speaking about being part of the cracking scene, living it, breathing it and working in it. Is it really the crackers fault that games are not protected in any way? Is it really the crackers fault that other platforms and the money-attraction from those have drawn people away from creating games on C64? Is it the crackers fault that a game isn't completed and only a preview is released?

It wouldn't matter how much energy was spent on "cracking" TANKS 3000. The download link would have been deleted if it was +1, +20 or one-filed.

People get so upset about the terminology used here, like "crack" versus "release". This is utterly the responsibility of the game producer, if the game is protected, then the released version is a "crack". If the game is not protected then the released version may be known merely as a "release". Blablabla. Who cares?

I don't really feel that people are targetting Protovision either. But I do feel if any group or anyone do something that isn't liked or is perceived as "lame" then that subject will get jumped on. If someone or something gets jumped on over and over and over, then... well, draw your own conclusion.

I don't blame them for not having anything to crack, I blame them for cracking just anything that resembles a game and claiming the role of saviors of the scene. I wonder who will save them when they demolish the motivation of the last remaining game creators. Who depends on whom? Was it that lame from PTV to ask for link removals? I don't know. Can we compare value of something what lasted mandays to create to "effort" which takes manhours. What would we do if someone messed with our work.. mhm.

2006-03-21 05:17
Jazzcat

CreamD: your questions are questions directed at the very fabrics of the cracking scene. As stated elsewhere, to think this will damage game sales or Protovision's image as the last game company on C64 is ridiculous. People will still order games, just like I still paid money for Back In Time 1, 2 and 3 and Nexus 6581 even though I could have got them from someone as mp3.

The questions that you ask is one of the reasons why I created the Recollection magazine. Hopefully some views may give people a bit more of an insight into how things operate. At the moment it feels like people are trying to compare apples with oranges. I'm sorry, but Protovision have nothing to do with this "Scene Database" at least when weighed up against "scene" groups or "sceners" themselves.
2006-03-21 07:06
iopop

awesome! o/

It was probably too much work for me to read the specs and contribute with 1/6th of the games at the hitmen site.

But back to the real topic, why would the Laxity version, and in this case the original, have a broken 4player function? (I was far out seeing pink elephants when these versions was released originally.. )
2006-03-21 08:36
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: your questions are questions directed at the very fabrics of the cracking scene. As stated elsewhere, to think this will damage game sales or Protovision's image as the last game company on C64 is ridiculous. People will still order games, just like I still paid money for Back In Time 1, 2 and 3 and Nexus 6581 even though I could have got them from someone as mp3.

The questions that you ask is one of the reasons why I created the Recollection magazine. Hopefully some views may give people a bit more of an insight into how things operate. At the moment it feels like people are trying to compare apples with oranges. I'm sorry, but Protovision have nothing to do with this "Scene Database" at least when weighed up against "scene" groups or "sceners" themselves.

No

Oh, no. ;-)

I should have known what your previous posts aims to is just your "final point" so lets get back there again because I reacted on something else than I should have.

You said: "I'm speaking about being part of the cracking scene, living it, breathing it and working in it. Is it really the crackers fault that games are not protected in any way? Is it really the crackers fault that other platforms and the money-attraction from those have drawn people away from creating games on C64? Is it the crackers fault that a game isn't completed and only a preview is released?"

Conclusion: Crackers desperately need games. Crackers are not people with conscience. Crackers can't be blamed for what they do, because what they do is not their fault. It's fault of nonexisting groups who left the C64. So let's blame greedy Ocean and greedy Electroni Arts etc. for the fact that crackers are now eating the last remaining sheeps (read protovision). Do you really think I need to be explained when my view are based on completely different values than values of crackers scene? I have conscience and I don't feel comfortable about it.

You said: "People get so upset about the terminology used here,? like "crack" versus "release". This is utterly the responsibility of the game producer, if the game is protected, then the released version is a "crack". If the game is not protected then the released version may be known merely as a "release". Blablabla. Who cares?"

Does it matter? Crack or release.. it's still the same. So responsibility of the game producer is to help crackers to get more respect ;-)) Yeah who cares.

You said: "The questions that you ask is one of the reasons why I created the Recollection magazine. Hopefully some views may give people a bit more of an insight into how things operate. At the moment it feels like people are trying to compare apples with oranges. I'm sorry, but Protovision have nothing to do with this "Scene Database" at least when weighed up against "scene" groups or "sceners" themselves."

Good. Do I need to know why PTV games get cracked? Will more insight change my opinion? Paint it yellow or red, it will still be bad in my eyes. Apples or organges, it's 2006 for christ's sake.. people do their stuff in emulators.. the traditions change as in all other ar movements.. you just stick to old principles gooooood, but you can't stop the movement.. after years someone will try to classify periods of C64 scene development.. and maybe all these debates will then get more reasonable. What if it's really about traditionalism and modern era? Well.. I choose the second one for obvious reasons..

Protovision weighted against scene groups or sceners? A perfect chance to define clear and simple metodology. What are your criteria? What exactly makes scener a scener? And how to sort out better sceners and worse scene from nonsceners. And who is the authority of doing such cathegorisation. Simple answer could be... read the magazine and you will maybe get it, but I'm afraid I'm won't. It's not easy to asimilate me... you can try to explain to me as to a child. But use logic, I'm not very empathic.
2006-03-21 08:44
CreaMD

Quote: awesome! o/

It was probably too much work for me to read the specs and contribute with 1/6th of the games at the hitmen site.

But back to the real topic, why would the Laxity version, and in this case the original, have a broken 4player function? (I was far out seeing pink elephants when these versions was released originally.. )

I never thought that you would have slightest problems with that. ;-)
2006-03-21 08:48
Jazzcat

CreamD: A simple reply for your ever-growing queries. If you don't like or feel comfortable with something, that's fine, you've expressed your opinion.

I can tell you:

It won't change a thing. People will continue to crack, people will continue to do things that they like doing. But nice to hear your views anyway!

Perhaps you should ignore any threads about PTV cracked releases in the future, that way you will not feel uncomfortable from the evil terrorist crackers.

Playground CSDB - modernity at its finest.
2006-03-21 08:54
iopop

Quote: I never thought that you would have slightest problems with that. ;-)

Then, who are you talking about? Seriously, I cant say I know that many other "crackers" that are active nowdays that doesnt do oldie stuff..
2006-03-21 09:00
CreaMD

Quote: CreamD: A simple reply for your ever-growing queries. If you don't like or feel comfortable with something, that's fine, you've expressed your opinion.

I can tell you:

It won't change a thing. People will continue to crack, people will continue to do things that they like doing. But nice to hear your views anyway!

Perhaps you should ignore any threads about PTV cracked releases in the future, that way you will not feel uncomfortable from the evil terrorist crackers.

Playground CSDB - modernity at its finest.

Ok. First let me smile... ... ok.

So CSDB is a playground, aswell the whole scene. ;-)

Classic, modern, postmodern - get some education in that area and you will realize that it's unstoppable ;-)

FUNGO
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
psenough
CA$H/TRiAD
insane/Rabenauge
Guests online: 136
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)