Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > New life for your underloved datassette unit :D
2021-10-21 02:22
Zibri
Account closed

New life for your underloved datassette unit :D

The first phase of testing just ended.
(Still in the packaging and refining phase)

But I wish to share with you all my latest accomplishment.

You might want to check this out:
https://twitter.com/zibri/status/1450979434916417540
and this:
https://twitter.com/zibri/status/1450979005117644800

The fastest example (11 kilobit/sec) has the same (or better) error rlsilience as "turbo250" but it is 3 times faster.

The slowest one (8 kilobit/sec) has the same error resilience as the standard commodore slow "save", but it is 100 times faster and twice as fast as turbo250.

;)

Notes:

1) faster speeds are possible if the tape is written with a professional equipment or hi-fi with a stabilized speed and virtually no wobbling.

2) if the tape is emulated (tapuino or similar projects) the speed can go up to 34 kilobit/sec.

3) even with datassette, higher speeds are possible but the highly depend on the status of the tape, the datassette speed and azimuth.

... 327 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-11-08 19:00
Zibri
Account closed

Quote: Quoting Zibri
1) I don't need to release any code.
Sure. But claiming to be better than anyone else in 40 years, without proof... better be ready to take the heat. Also: Code or not true. :)

Quoting Zibri
2) my results are proved by engineers and as you can see random people (NeoRio, Flavioweb are normal users).
I see no proof of those claims. And engineers or not, their proof would be as good as anyone else's, because a proof is self-sufficient and doesn't need to appeal to authority.

Quoting Zibri
Oh and by the way, my turbo has done 34 kilobit on an emulated device (cute32, ultimate2 and vice) can any other (slc?) do the same? (this is off-topic since we are talking about the datassette... just wondering)
Emulated devices are a lot more forgiving then real hardware, as you will know. Getting more speed out of them is the easy part. :)

I repeat:
"code or not true" is a bulls*t. I don't do fake videos (I am not even able to) and for certain nor FlavioWeb nor NeoRio did fake videos. Also Andrea Nalli the engineer behing the CUTE32 device tested all versions including the "emu only" 30 and 34 kilobit versions. The latter once even exposed a small roungin error in his own code.

I sincerely see no better judge that a person who worked with this stuff for years and has a degree in engineering, and surely is more athoritative than a bunch of wankers.

Anyway, probably the code will be release at some point or in some product or in some demo, this has yet to be decided.

And yes, I know emulated devices are "perfect" (if correctly coded like the Cute32) but still I haven't seen a turbo performing on them at 34 kilobit. And with the jitter-fest I saw in the past in most loaders it's no wonder :D

Oh, and sure you can go even faster than 34 kilobit/sec... but you need a special code and not an "all purpose" loader as the one I did, where speed is just a parameter and can go from 34 kilobit to 4 (or less.. never tried it) and at 4 kilobit the frequency separation is MORE than the one used by commodore. So I can safely state that the error rate will be way less.
That's because what causes errors is "misinterpreting" a pulse lenght/width for another (weather you use 1,2 or 4 symbols).
2021-11-08 19:27
Krill

Still just claims and no proof. :) (And still authority or not doesn't mean anything.)

And what Groepaz said, there should be some kind of metric for reliability, which can be measured and compared by anyone interested enough. On tangible, well, code. :)
2021-11-08 19:30
chatGPZ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority#Use_in_sc..
Quote:
Scientific knowledge is best established by evidence and experiment rather than argued through authority as authority has no place in science. Carl Sagan wrote of arguments from authority:

One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority." ... Too many such arguments have proved too painfully wrong. Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else.

(I strongly recommend "The Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagan - it's a phantastic resource on how to detect bullshit)
2021-11-08 19:34
Adam

Quoting Zibri

release code or gtfo. really simple process for most people. or did you steal this code too like the rest of the garbage you have on your github page?

Quote:
"code or not true" is a bulls*t. I don't do fake videos (I am not even able to)

what an amazing story. if only you weren't a well known compulsive liar, then it might actually be believable.
2021-11-08 19:40
Zibri
Account closed

Quote: Quoting Zibri

release code or gtfo. really simple process for most people. or did you steal this code too like the rest of the garbage you have on your github page?

Quote:
"code or not true" is a bulls*t. I don't do fake videos (I am not even able to)

what an amazing story. if only you weren't a well known compulsive liar, then it might actually be believable.

I don't even argue on what you wrote: you're just a nobody only able to steal code, mock people.
I have at least 10 witness (who also saw the code) and I have to prove nothing to you nor anyone else.
I thought I would share my findings but clearly excvept for a few exception this was the wrong place.
But I somehow enjoy to see you all getting heated and WANTING to see a code you clearly don't imagine or can't imagine if not by using the elements I already posted.

And I repeat: my turbo did 34 kilobit on emulated devices (30 with the exact same code.. 34 without the inc d020 and the sound).
And 11-12 on a very good datassette.
On even the most horrible datassette it didn't go below 8 kilobit and thos are twice the standing record on real hardware.
I am more than satisfied with all this and having a lot of fun between a dive, some sun and good food.

Bite me, or enjoy with me. Your choice.
2021-11-08 19:48
Hate Bush

> having a lot of fun between a dive, some sun and good food

oh how i enjoy you living the life, as compared to those ugly creatures rotting in their dark, rain-soaked cellars and munching on turds.
what's next, an invitation to an MLM scheme? :)
2021-11-08 19:50
Adam

Quoting Zibri
I don't even argue on what you wrote: you're just a nobody only able to steal code, mock people.

i don't steal code, unlike you. remember how i busted you before and i sent you messages and you denied it? even though i showed screen caps to show you were a lamer? good times to be had by all. forgot all about that, didn't you? you couldn't even be honest with where you stole that BASIC code from. you're not fooling anyone here.

Quote:
I have at least 10 witness (who also saw the code) and I have to prove nothing to you nor anyone else.

and we still see no code. what a surprise. post code or gtfo.

Quote:
I thought I would share my findings but clearly excvept for a few exception this was the wrong place.

you got that right. if you want to be a compulsive lying attention whore, you should stick to twitter and using facebook.

Quote:
But I somehow enjoy to see you all getting heated and WANTING to see a code you clearly don't imagine or can't imagine if not by using the elements I already posted.

post code or gtfo.

Quote:
Bite me, or enjoy with me. Your choice.

post code or gtfo.
2021-11-08 20:26
Zibri
Account closed

Quote: > having a lot of fun between a dive, some sun and good food

oh how i enjoy you living the life, as compared to those ugly creatures rotting in their dark, rain-soaked cellars and munching on turds.
what's next, an invitation to an MLM scheme? :)

LOL! no, but if you want to come to Sharm El Sheikh I'll show you what a paradise is here :D
2021-11-08 20:27
Zibri
Account closed

Quoting Adam

post code or gtfo.

GNE GNE GNE (sound of a baby crying and whining) :P
2021-11-08 20:35
Adam

Quoting Zibri
Quoting Adam

post code or gtfo.

GNE GNE GNE (sound of a baby crying and whining) :P

it's just that easy to expose you as the compulsive lying fraud that you truly are, zibri. walls of text, questionable videos, abusing everyone and nothing to show for it.

if you weren't a disgusting compulsive lying fraud you should be able to easily post code, but it's safe to say you have nothing (or the code is completely stolen from another project - highly likely since you've done this thing before). :)
Previous - 1 | ... | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
encore
Exile/Anubis
grennouille
Guests online: 137
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)