Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Dim cold calculation?!?!?!
2002-08-25 22:41
CreaMD

Dim cold calculation?!?!?!

Okay.. I have to say something about the thing which really bugs me now. It's a sentence taken from review of Singles Collection. Here we go: "a dim, coldly calculated concept made for the due of things. Sadly enough all too recent as demands for not letting the stream dry up completely".

Dear critic.. Please don't tell us that you know what we feel when we compose, draw and code. Are you really so desperately incompetent that you really believe that people like TMR, Hollowman and others who participated in the project produce things because they desperately want the stream (another stupid catch word from that cathegory where retro & oldskool belongs) to continue?? Oh man, wake up.. nobody needs to do anything. If those people didn't enjoy what they did, they would never do anything. Please don't tell us that creative people do things because they want to keep c64 alive. I don't think anybody who participated on production of the collection did that with this purpose, only you are so incompetent that you dare to present daemagogy as fact. My god, dude those words you said are naiver than any retro bafflegab I've ever read on lemon64.com forums or comp.sys.cbm. And this from person who is actively participating in the C64 scene. Please go spread your incompetent and daemagogical definition of scene productivity somewhere else than in the most prestigious magazine ever produced.

Ah.. by the way.. according to your definition Vandalism News is a cold calcualtion too.. just to keep scene alive? Yeah?. If you believe in your own words, you already consider scene dead. Scene(rs) doesn't think and analyse things just for the sake of thinking and analysing things like you do.. Sorry but scene(r) is not so simple like you try to present to us. If there is just one person who understands the scene(rs), please stand up and say. Yeah, that's me. .... silence... have a nice dream dude.
2002-08-26 15:27
jailbird

So just as I said on the c64.sk forum :), I have stopped reading or just fastly run over the VN demo reviews since Joe (or Ed, whatever, I don't really care) is editing them. Too "elitish" and "arty-farty" for my taste. I prefer and appreciate the TDJ-kind of reviews: smart, strong but fair.
And yes I know they’re putting lot of effort in writing those articles, I really appreciate their very hard work, but I don’t like the way they review demos. But it’s only my humble opinion. And I am a simple-minded alcoholic anyway :)

I just don't like when someone is so conceited, that's all. Btw, I've never seen CreamD so much fucked up, he's about to kill someone, I say ;))
2002-08-26 18:04
CreaMD

Yeah my flaming engines are really started up. I just want to tell that anonymous critic that he is aiming his irresponsibly chosen indirect accusations at the wrong targets.
2002-08-26 19:27
Puterman
Account closed

Anonymous? That was a good one. :-)
2002-08-26 20:07
CreaMD

Quote: Anonymous? That was a good one. :-)

Yes, anonymous. ;-)
2002-08-26 20:28
jailbird

Hairsplitting, but true, the critic is really anonymous. :/
2002-08-26 21:42
CyberBrain
Administrator

Eeh... That comment you all talk about... i don't see it.. where is it?

Btw, if he thinks this kind of thing sucks, isn't he allowed to have that oppinion? (ofcause i haven't read his comment, so i don't know if he is flaming like crazy... has he deleted it again?)
2002-08-26 21:44
Celtic
Administrator

Its prolly about the vandalism news review.... :)
2002-08-26 23:49
jailbird

Vandalism News #39, Demo Reviews part 2.

And although noone is credited for the article, I'm quite sure it was written by Joe/Wrath Designs. He's not flaming like hell, more like stating his opinion, and he is ofcourse allowed to do that, till now, noone said the opposite as far as I know.

Hm.
Anyhow, at the moment my very wise opinon is not to have an opinion on anyone's opinion about the opinion in VN#39, or just in Joe's opinion in general. Because it will raise up more opinions, and finally we will be flooded by them, and that's a no-no in my opinion. ;))
And I anyway don't care too much, I just love to post. :)
2002-08-27 08:15
CreaMD

Quote: Vandalism News #39, Demo Reviews part 2.

And although noone is credited for the article, I'm quite sure it was written by Joe/Wrath Designs. He's not flaming like hell, more like stating his opinion, and he is ofcourse allowed to do that, till now, noone said the opposite as far as I know.

Hm.
Anyhow, at the moment my very wise opinon is not to have an opinion on anyone's opinion about the opinion in VN#39, or just in Joe's opinion in general. Because it will raise up more opinions, and finally we will be flooded by them, and that's a no-no in my opinion. ;))
And I anyway don't care too much, I just love to post. :)

I don't like pretentious opinions which are based on untrue presumptions. And if Joe thinks he is at least slightly right he is blind and incompetent. DOT
2004-05-25 15:44
Ed

Nevertheless, there are some aspects you forget. Such as articles written by Wrath Designs are written most of the time by more than one man. So in attacking one member, you are ofcourse facing the whole group. Well, better watch your words then and try to realize only why the article was written in the first place.

... 60 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
psenough
Guests online: 148
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)