Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Church of C64
2004-11-13 19:28
Monte Carlos

Church of C64

What is this Church of C64 thing about?
It makes me suspicious, because they come up with
a very hirarchical organisation and seem to introduce
"Pay members" again.

Monte Carlos

... 75 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-11-24 06:46
hollowman

yes, remember mother teresa, heres a couple of quotes of her to
remind you all

"I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself."

"Any country that accepts abortion is the poorest of the poor"

and always remember:

"Once that living love is destroyed by contraception, abortion follows very easily"

2004-11-24 07:20
CreaMD

Quote: yes, remember mother teresa, heres a couple of quotes of her to
remind you all

"I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself."

"Any country that accepts abortion is the poorest of the poor"

and always remember:

"Once that living love is destroyed by contraception, abortion follows very easily"

Veeeery evil quotes. Who is next? Pope? Actually this topic is about "Church of C64" and not about atheists versus believers, liberals versus conservatives etc.etc. I would rather reccomend 1. lock it or 2. stop wasting time solving fundamental differencies between different views on this world. I don't care about gay marriages. I think that contraceptives are important. I accept that abortions are unavoidable. ...and I believe that human stupidity infinite. P.S.: I'm christian catholic.
2004-11-24 07:58
ready.

To Hollowman:The problem, I think, is that as long as people are said that God loves us, almost everybody is ok, but when people are offered certain life style (i.e. no abortion, no contraception) they totally refuse God. I can understand that, since whenever we are touched in important matters we defend ourselves at 360 degrees. What I’m trying to say is that there are certain issues that the Christian Church defends that are not accepted by many, but this should not preclude people from seeking God. During my life I have wrestled with these issues too, I could not understand why I was invited not to make love with my girlfriend before marriage and I hated that!!!! Still I thought I needed God to give a sense to my life. I have sought God even if I didn’t agree on everything with the Church, but I always left a door opened in my mind that in spite of my stubbornness there might be a slight chance that I might be wrong. It’s ok to argue and disagree on certain religious issues, but I think we always should consider that we might be wrong. God loves us even if we use contraception and do abortion, but He also knows these things are bad for us…..it takes time to realize this, be patient and live your life as you want, but from time to time stop and think if God wants something different from you, try to leave a door open in your heart to God, try to pray asking him to show you his will, there’s nothing that you can loose with it, it doesn’t take much effort.
2004-11-24 08:01
hollowman

Quote: Veeeery evil quotes. Who is next? Pope? Actually this topic is about "Church of C64" and not about atheists versus believers, liberals versus conservatives etc.etc. I would rather reccomend 1. lock it or 2. stop wasting time solving fundamental differencies between different views on this world. I don't care about gay marriages. I think that contraceptives are important. I accept that abortions are unavoidable. ...and I believe that human stupidity infinite. P.S.: I'm christian catholic.

evil quotes? that depends on your own personal view. if you search the web you will notice that both pro choice and pro life sites use the very same mother teresa quotes to prove their point
2004-11-24 08:07
CreaMD

Quote: evil quotes? that depends on your own personal view. if you search the web you will notice that both pro choice and pro life sites use the very same mother teresa quotes to prove their point

I wonder then, what was your point. But I would rather avoid turning this to another flaming discussion.
2004-11-24 13:07
Trash

Well, if god really do exist I don't believe he would want us to nag at him (praying), I think he would have larger stuff to take care of.

To you believers: If god exists and he / she is almighty, would he then be able to create a rock heavy enough for him not being able to lift it from the ground?

If your answer is 'yes' then you're lying because if he could he can't be almighty.
If the answer is 'no' then you've just proven that god isn't almighty (if he exists at all) and that he has limitations which are unacceptable for a god, therefore further proving he / she doesn't exist.

To you non-believers: I was an atheist until I discovered that I am god!
2004-11-24 16:01
CreaMD

Quote: Well, if god really do exist I don't believe he would want us to nag at him (praying), I think he would have larger stuff to take care of.

To you believers: If god exists and he / she is almighty, would he then be able to create a rock heavy enough for him not being able to lift it from the ground?

If your answer is 'yes' then you're lying because if he could he can't be almighty.
If the answer is 'no' then you've just proven that god isn't almighty (if he exists at all) and that he has limitations which are unacceptable for a god, therefore further proving he / she doesn't exist.

To you non-believers: I was an atheist until I discovered that I am god!

Amen.
2004-11-25 09:38
Graham
Account closed

heh i find it amusing when people talk about god they depend on the bible or similar. if you say "damnit, there's really a lot of bullshit written in there, how can you believe in THAT?" the answer is either "ok there's lot of bullshit but THE GOD THING IS REAL" or "bible is 100%". both answers i cannot take serious. sorry, if you believe that the earth was built about 4000 years ago in 7 days and evolution theory, astronomy and a lot of other sciences are bullshit, i cannot help you anymore. and if you don't believe in the bible why believe in god at all?
2004-11-25 10:43
hollowman

Ok, the Bible may not be 100% accurate, but i still consider most of the stuff in programmers reference guide to be true
2004-11-25 10:59
Puterman
Account closed

And hey, nerds, don't forget that god is against masturbation!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
psenough
Wayne/Art Ravers
Guests online: 149
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)