Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Church of C64
2004-11-13 19:28
Monte Carlos

Church of C64

What is this Church of C64 thing about?
It makes me suspicious, because they come up with
a very hirarchical organisation and seem to introduce
"Pay members" again.

Monte Carlos

... 75 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-11-15 11:47
Pater Pi
Account closed

This Church of 64 thing got nothing to do with both: the c64 altar on mekka symposium and breakpoint (ask Galaktus for details about it) nor with the "demo"-group of the same name that i am a humble member of and which doesn't release anything at all (8
Personally i got no problems with people opening other churches to praise the name of our 8-BIT home computer, but if this is somesort of pay-membership-thing i can only say let those evil heretic organisation burn! They don't deserve the name of our lord! Burn them to purify their soul and praise the name of the one and truly computer!
2004-11-15 16:00
hollowman

since the person behind the church appears to be
pingo/dixn riah i assume that its just another
one of his projects that we will never hear about again
2004-11-15 19:04
Nafcom

Quote: since the person behind the church appears to be
pingo/dixn riah i assume that its just another
one of his projects that we will never hear about again

From coder to religion leader, how many ranks up is that? =)
If it was for free, yep maybe, but since it isn't, I keep my bucks to buy real stuff.

Somehow when I saw the C64.SK page I thought "Pater Pi!!! Wee!!!" but seems I have been wrong. Hmm, I will keep an eye on it, though (Hey Pi, Maybe you get membership for free? =)
2004-11-15 20:17
Pater Pi
Account closed

I like the idea of having an official c64 religion, but i do not like the idea of this pay-membership-stuff.
Who is the guy behind that anyway? (I'm just curious)
2004-11-16 09:55
Nafcom

Quote: I like the idea of having an official c64 religion, but i do not like the idea of this pay-membership-stuff.
Who is the guy behind that anyway? (I'm just curious)

Hollowman said "Pingo":
Pingo

He is an ex-coder of Civitas, did some few tools for them.

I agree with you, also dislike the paying stuff
2004-11-16 10:08
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: This Church of 64 thing got nothing to do with both: the c64 altar on mekka symposium and breakpoint (ask Galaktus for details about it) nor with the "demo"-group of the same name that i am a humble member of and which doesn't release anything at all (8
Personally i got no problems with people opening other churches to praise the name of our 8-BIT home computer, but if this is somesort of pay-membership-thing i can only say let those evil heretic organisation burn! They don't deserve the name of our lord! Burn them to purify their soul and praise the name of the one and truly computer!

Holy Inquisition .... NOW !!!!! :)
2004-11-16 11:14
cbmhardware
Account closed

I hear the two coconuts substituting horses ? ;)

2004-11-16 11:51
Puterman
Account closed

Nafcom: He's not a coder, he just did some graphics. All he could code was BASIC. And I haven't heard of any tools from him. He's much more into make-money-quick schemes than the scene.
2004-11-16 13:07
Monte Carlos

There is no good reason for taking fees.
They claim they will offer interesting information, documents and many other stuff to registered members, but
which stuff is NOT available for free in the internet, today? I don't think, that they have special stuff, not known to the rest of the scene.
AND we do not want to have a two classes of sceners, members of CHURCH 64 and "normal" sceners.
The scene has developed from a highly illegal cracker and swapper scene(Which are our roots and we shouldnt regret them) with concurrence thoughts, where some sceners betrayed others to the cops and so on. And is now the uncomparable more liberate demo scene. We are practising FREE software similar to what linux users do.
To be nostalgic is just one part of scene life. We are inventing new things and we should think more modern about what this scene is doing.
Some sceners like those, inventing CHURCH 64, or which write bad party reports with nothing else than c64 self praise did NOT get a clue about what scene should be like.
The image about telling the people, beeing not part of the scene, about the c64 testament is ridicoulous for me.
We can think about some things, for which the c64 can be of use today, of course. But we have to think how to justify it. This is a completely different approache of making the c64 more popular than telling the people some sermon.
We are not TV preachers!!!
2004-11-16 22:47
Nafcom

Quote: Nafcom: He's not a coder, he just did some graphics. All he could code was BASIC. And I haven't heard of any tools from him. He's much more into make-money-quick schemes than the scene.

ok, confused it with Chico, sorry
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Stryyker/Tide
Airwolf/F4CG
Guests online: 133
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)