Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Demo of the Year
2003-08-25 13:08
Eyeth
Account closed

Demo of the Year

Hello.

I'm surprised this idea hasn't been floated around. In the past two years, we have had C64.SK and CSDb ramping up with up to date information on demo releases throughout the year.

Why not have a Demo of the Year voting in Jan. 2004 for demos that were released throughout 2003? Thanks to C64.SK, we know whose demo entries won various competitions, which ones were released, etc. Why not compile a list of demos that won their respective demo party/competition, plus maybe an open invitation to a demo or two to round up the list?

CSDb or some other forum could then host the list and have a voting function for the C64 demo scene in choosing the Demo of the Year 2003. This would be a nice honor and one that is finally made possible thanks to reliable sources like CSDb and C64.SK. I'd like to write about the winning demo entry in a printed Commodore publication as well. :)

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Enjoy.
-Todd Elliott

... 117 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-04-21 13:59
Eyeth
Account closed

Hello.

Resurrection has been added to the list, making the voting chart at 99 C64 demos. :) IMHO, I think the vector scroll will somehow limit its chances of it being included in the final Voting Chart.

What was the scroller about? It took me a full minute or so to realize the vectors playing in the window was actually a scroller!

On a more pleasant note, people are participating in the pre-screening process! I may yet still reach the 100+ votes target! Thanks goes out to all who participated so far in voting and in the forum.

Enjoy!
-Todd Elliott
2005-04-21 17:24
TDJ

Quote: Hello.

Resurrection has been added to the list, making the voting chart at 99 C64 demos. :) IMHO, I think the vector scroll will somehow limit its chances of it being included in the final Voting Chart.

What was the scroller about? It took me a full minute or so to realize the vectors playing in the window was actually a scroller!

On a more pleasant note, people are participating in the pre-screening process! I may yet still reach the 100+ votes target! Thanks goes out to all who participated so far in voting and in the forum.

Enjoy!
-Todd Elliott

The scroller was about the irony of people having no clue what a demo actually is organizing a compo like this ;)

I'll give you a hint: sometimes design counts, too.
2005-04-21 18:17
Trash
Account closed

I have one little suggestion. Demo of the Year page with direct download links to each demo would be just fine.
2005-04-21 18:54
Trash

Quote: I have one little suggestion. Demo of the Year page with direct download links to each demo would be just fine.

Like the suggestion but love the handle :-)
2005-04-21 19:17
Tch
Account closed

Quote: I have one little suggestion. Demo of the Year page with direct download links to each demo would be just fine.

Hmm,why not have one (temporary) download with all the demos?
I think I have a lot of catching up to do.. ;)
2005-04-21 19:48
Trash
Account closed

Quote: Like the suggestion but love the handle :-)

Just changed it here at csdb but with no obvious results :(. Cheers then ;).
2005-04-21 20:33
Eyeth
Account closed

Hello.
Quoting TDJ
The scroller was about the irony of people having no clue what a demo actually is organizing a compo like this ;)

Well, since I couldn't read the scroller, I'll take your word for it. Subtle sarcasm sure helps drive home the point. :) I'm sure you can do a better job doing this kind of thing; I think you've just volunteered yourself to do the 2005 C64 Demo of the Year honors! :)

Anyway, enough barbs aside... Onwards to ballotting! So far, a good start!

Enjoy.
-Todd Elliott
2005-04-21 20:51
TDJ

Quote: Hello.
Quoting TDJ

Well, since I couldn't read the scroller, I'll take your word for it. Subtle sarcasm sure helps drive home the point. :) I'm sure you can do a better job doing this kind of thing; I think you've just volunteered yourself to do the 2005 C64 Demo of the Year honors! :)

Anyway, enough barbs aside... Onwards to ballotting! So far, a good start!

Enjoy.
-Todd Elliott

Feh. I think I've proven myself more than enough, both as an active (coder) and a passive (reviewer) part of the demo scene. But yes, I could do a much better job, because at least I know a decent demo when I see one ;)

Edit: but what the hell, gotta give credit where credit is due: at least you're trying.
2005-04-21 21:18
viper
Account closed

Quote: Feh. I think I've proven myself more than enough, both as an active (coder) and a passive (reviewer) part of the demo scene. But yes, I could do a much better job, because at least I know a decent demo when I see one ;)

Edit: but what the hell, gotta give credit where credit is due: at least you're trying.

Can you put all stuff from 2004 into one archive with selected categories (4kb intros, demos...)?
2005-04-21 21:24
TDJ

Quote: Can you put all stuff from 2004 into one archive with selected categories (4kb intros, demos...)?

Can you?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Alakran_64
Hypnosis/TSD
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Scooby/G★P/Light
Mason/Unicess
MCM/ONSLAUGHT