Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Why wont it let me LOAD....
2018-07-19 22:38
Nova

Why wont it let me LOAD....

Screw it,
If i had solved my problem you would all have had to
watch 36 fucking parts of Retroholica by genesis project at X2012 so i guess there is a higher purpose to not letting me irq load with on the fly decompression...

I thought i saw the light when i discovered the
Plushsqueezer V2 and integrated that loader in several
of my unfinished demos but it keeps fucking up some of my stable interupts, not all and i cant see a pattern and i have kind of given up.

I am not a multi platform programer, i love oldschool coding on the 6502 but if you ask me to compile something in a linux environment or some weird C++ cross platform compiling there is just no way, and since life still gets in the way i will most likely give up because there are more fun things to do then failing at compiling a loader with on the fly decompression for a 35 year old fucking computer !!

I managed to compile Dreamload with just the "normal" unpacked irq loading and it worked great but diskspace will soon be an issue..

Could someone please come up with a guide for compiling
both the Krill and Dreamload loaders with decompression and flip disk options in a Windows 7 64bit enviroment..

Sincerly yours:
Nova.

... 58 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-07-21 00:28
Compyx

Well, actually, on BSD you'll most likely have to install gmake and then type 'gmake'

Which increases the learning curve *a lot*.

(yup, I'm a wise-ass)
2018-07-21 02:41
soci

If the Makefile was written carefully it can work with BSD Make as well but it's very easy to use GNU Make only features.
2018-07-21 06:01
Oswald

last time I tried I couldnt even compile bitfire with axis' help, probably I am very lazy and stupid. believe it or not its hard for someone with no linux practice, hardly any make practice and whatsoever.

thing just dont work as expected, there's lot of small quirks. fex even setting PATH gave me trouble, trying to do it 3 different ways until the 2nd way did it for the 3rd time and 2nd reboot somehow :)
2018-07-21 14:56
chatGPZ

Quote:
even setting PATH gave me trouble

you must be kidding
2018-07-21 15:49
Oswald

Quote: Quote:

you must be kidding

get a life instead of trolling.
2018-07-21 15:50
Golara
Account closed

Krill's loader has couple of dependencies, but he listed them all together with links to where download it from. Here's a quick guide of compiling this loader.

1. Download the source code, extract it somewhere.
2. Go to Loader / Docs / Prerequisites.txt
This file lists all the programs you need and the environment paths you need to set. To check if you have the required program already just type it's name into the terminal. If you see "command not found" then you have to install it:

2.a first try sudo apt-get install NAME_OF_PROGRAM. It will download compiled program and install it for you if it's in the repository (for standard stuff like c compiler, make etc.)

If the command above fails, go to the link in the Prerequisites.txt for a given program (for example exomizer http://hem.bredband.net/magli143/exo/, download source from there and compile it (recursive :P )

General stuff on compiling.
If you see a file called Makefile then all you have to do is to type make in the terminal and the compilation will begin. Read the error messages (if any). You might get simple
exomizer : no command found meaning you don't have exo installed...

Installing compiled programs:
most makefiles will have a rule for "install", so you just type sudo make install. If it says no rule for install, then you have to copy the compiled file yourself to some path you can access from terminal. Instead of making your PATH longer and longer with every program, you can copy your compiled program to some standard path like ~/.local/bin

Setting environment variables:
easy thing. The command is called export. For example
export CC65_INC="~/some/path/you/want"

if you want to add something to already set variable (for example PATH) you do this:
export PATH = "$PATH:/another/path:/maybe/yet/another/one"

setting environment variables this way will be only remembered in the terminal window you typed it. If you want to set these for good then you have to save them to a file that is run every time you open a new terminal window. It's called .bashrc and it's in your home folder (files starting with dot are hidden, so you need to enable show hidden files in your file browser, in terminal it doesn't matter, just nano/vim/ed/whatever_turns_you_on ~/.bashrc
2018-07-21 15:53
chatGPZ

Quote:
get a life instead of trolling

try learning how to use the basic features of your OS

Golara: current versions of the cc65 toolchain dont require setting up those environment variables anymore
2018-07-21 15:58
Golara
Account closed

get a life instead of trolling

try learning how to use the basic features of your OS

Golara: current versions of the cc65 toolchain dont require setting up those environment variables anymore

Ok then, still it's just an example of how you export env vars.
2018-07-21 16:25
ChristopherJam

you must be kidding

Eh, I remember having issues with that when I was a linux n00b.

Like, editing it in my .login instead of my .cshrc and wondering why it didn't take effect even in new shells, fucking up the syntax, accidentally overwriting instead of prepending, appending instead of prepending and wondering why my addition was getting shadowed.

TBH I probably fucked it up in DOS a few times too back in the day.
2018-07-21 16:31
chatGPZ

so oswald is a windows noob?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
JCH/Vibrants
Black/Angels
Guests online: 131
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)