Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Converting GFX question
2023-03-09 08:56
CreaMD

Converting GFX question

Asking for friend. Quote follows:
---
Morning! Does anyone of you please know a Window C64 converter that would not do any processing and just save data in C64 format?

What's my problem: I prepared a 4-color (so that I can convert to multicolor sprites) picture in Gimp and then ran it through a converter, which decided to just add a 5th color. 🤦‍♂️
---

Thank you for quick help everybody.

... 31 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-03-14 11:26
Jetboy

In Photoshop you can set pixel aspect ratio to be other than 1:1 It is more convenient than doubling pixels.

I do not know if there is similar setting in Gimp, as i'm not that masochistic to use it, but probably there is.
2023-03-14 11:41
Krill

Quoting Wotnau
As it looks like it needs command line input, I won't be able to use it (see my post on use case and user above), but if someone more PC literate finds this thread later, it may serve them just great. :)
Come on, what's so hard about using the command line to run a program with a few simple options? :)
2023-03-14 11:55
CreaMD

Quote: Quoting Wotnau
As it looks like it needs command line input, I won't be able to use it (see my post on use case and user above), but if someone more PC literate finds this thread later, it may serve them just great. :)
Come on, what's so hard about using the command line to run a program with a few simple options? :)

I can tell you that there were times when I preffered Tortise GIT to command line, and still do in some cases with GIT. For someone who never used it and does't know how to ask when there are problems, it's something hard to adopt. I still ignore most of the verbal output that some commandline thingies puke out on screen. Offtopic: By the way, speaking about command line thingies. DDEV (solely using command line interface) in combination with WSL2 and Docker is a swiss knife for local development, no more local linux server running on local network, that was a hell for me I hated everything about it, including git conflicts caused by samba all the time. I love the times I live in. I love how chatGPT/AI can help you with coding (and not only). Did I say I love the times we live in? Yeah I did, fine. Just a sidenote, I find it quite absurd that there is a war nearby, based on utterly ridiculous accusations and claims. I can't believe it's happening with all these information technology advances. We are so clever and dumb at the same time. Fucking hell. End of rant.
2023-03-14 20:22
Burglar

do you remember a time when you turned on your computer, all you got was a basic prompt? :P
2023-03-14 22:12
TheRyk

If you don't like command lines, use batches
- not that this really makes a hell of a difference :D
2023-03-14 22:13
hedning

Refusing to learn stuff is just lazy. Of course it's easier to demand a dragndrop thing than to spend 5 minutes learning how to use command prompt things. But cmon. It's not rocket science. I don't buy the "fact" that someone is completely unabled to use or learn how to use a command prompt. Except for my dad. Actually he should not be allowed to own a computer at all.
2023-03-15 12:22
Oswald

Quote: Quoting Wotnau

ask anyone who tried to compile your loader and failed =)
2023-03-15 12:36
Krill

Quoting Oswald
Strawman argument. Using a precompiled tool like Burglar's has a lot fewer likely breaking points than building something yourself. =)

(Besides, some people were quite delighted how easy building the loader is once you have the dependencies in place and know how those standard tools like make etc. work. =D)
2023-03-15 15:40
Oswald

Quote: Quoting Oswald
Strawman argument. Using a precompiled tool like Burglar's has a lot fewer likely breaking points than building something yourself. =)

(Besides, some people were quite delighted how easy building the loader is once you have the dependencies in place and know how those standard tools like make etc. work. =D)

nope, thats not a strawman. also that it needs a precompiled tool and dependencies and learning make just proves my point. its not about saying your loader sucks, I view it as one of the biggest achievment of mankind, just showing how complicated CLI can be.
2023-03-15 17:08
Jetboy

They can be complicated, but it's not the case this time.
What triggers me are people who ask for help, and when they get it they start to moan that they won't use it because some stupid excuse.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Mason/Unicess
hedning/G★P
algorithm
Jazzcat/Onslaught
ϵʟʞ/ₐтₐ