Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > WUDSN IDE: The free integrated 6502 development plugin for Eclipse
2012-05-12 22:02
JAC

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated 6502 development plugin for Eclipse

Hello,

I start a new thread here because now the first "C64 ready" version 1.6.1 of WUDSN IDE which supports KickAss is out and available for you. I will link this thread as the C64 feeback thread on my site where you can also for all existing manuals, details and FAQ. I will also not copy all news and features here today, you can find them on www.wudsn.com.

For those who don't know the IDE yet, I recommend the video tutorials in youtube.

Have fun, Peter/JAC!

... 47 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-05-30 23:01
JAC

... One entry less on the wish list again. Conversion is possible for multi line selections with mixed numbers. Hex numbers are aligned to have an even number of digit, binary numbers are aligned to have a multiple of 8 digits.

2012-06-01 06:55
KiCHY
Account closed

Hi,

I follow development of this IDE since long time and your work is really great! I didn't try it out yet, for two reasons. It does not support my main 8bit platform (the ugly duck: Plus/4) and does not support the CA65 compiler I use.

Do you have any plans to make your IDE "Plus/4 ready" and/or support CA65?

Oh and please implement all kind of features you can think on because it's not a pure assembler but an Integrated Development Environment :)

Keep up the good work,
KiCHY/ASN
2012-06-01 07:42
JAC

Hi KiCHY,
Up to the last release, there was a direct binding between the compiler and the platform. By enhancing the parser I have added the "@com.wudsn.ide.asm.hardware=C64" property and with the additional restructing of the preferences you can now use any supported compiler for any supported platform. Also adding new platforms is a simple tasks now, because is mainly means to give it a code, a name, and the list emulators with their properties (id, name, download URL, default parameters). I have added NES in one evening, Plus/4 wouldn't take longer. But the platform is not the issue anyway since you can use any platform and choose "User Defined Application" to run the stuff.

Regarding additional compilers, the main point is that I need to test and have a proper test suite. This means a lot of effort (or bad quality) for a compiler which I don't use for my own stuff. That's why I do it step by step and try to improve the parser and why I need feedback from the users. Current step is KickAss (esp. { }), next step is definintely CA65. I've had requests from all platforms to support is (also from Atari and NES community) already, but it's beast just like KickAss, so I approach it carefully :-)
2012-06-01 11:17
Barbarossa

Quote:
>Clicking on a compile error seems to work well with the Atari version (judging from the tutorial video’s) but not for the C64.
That's a bug then. As long as the error message containes file & line in the defined syntax it should work. Please provide an example via PM.

Reproduction of this error is so easy that it is impossible for you to miss it, so I must probably be doing something wrong. I will send you an PM with a step-by-step description of what I did.

Quote:
The parsing of the nesting is the actual benfit of the outline and it doesn't work yet for KickAss in this first version. Is the prio 1 topic for the next update in this regard. It is the key to navigation in large projects.

This should indeed be fixed before we can go any further IMO.

Quote:
>Syntax highlighting is more expanded (what doesn’t work are the illegal opcodes)
Illegal opcodes are off by default. In the preferences you can choose the instruction(sub)set you want to use/see in the IDE.

I did choose the correct setting. The illegal opcodes are compiling properly however their color remains unchanged in the editor (syntax highlighting). It seems that the following screen is not working (also regarding jumping to the error line).

Quote:
The real benefit comes with the evolving support for not only opcodes & direcives but also for identifiers. I.e. you can type "level_" CTRL+SPACE and you'll see all labels, etc. which start with "level_". My current project has >17.000 LOC and I'd go mad without this feature :-)

I tried this but typing the first characters of a label and pressing ctrl+space does nothing. Probably also related to a working outline first.

Quote:
> Hex-bin-dec converter (I use this a lot)
Nice feature. I have added it to the whish list. There are already some text/selection enhancements for sorting. This is similar and easy to added.

I've seen you already implemented this feature before I had the time to post an answer :-) Not exactly how I meant it but I think this can be useful also.

In the source I don't really care about the format of the numbers. That's why I have %, # and $ to do the work for me. But I do a lot of realtime calculations. Also when debugging. That's when I use the feature in Relaunch64 - more as a calculator.
But I guess I can dedicate a separate section in the source (commented) where I can do my calculations.

John
2012-06-02 08:59
Angel of Death

Love this product. Even so much that I want to try it! :)
However. On the Eclipse.org site I am not really able to find the nice bare-bones version of Eclipse you mention in the tutorials. I can find only packages.
Am I just looking in the wrong place?
2012-06-02 09:11
JAC

Yes, I know, they are almost impossible to find. Please check the installation instruction on www.wudsn.com / WUDSN IDE / Installation / Installing Eclipse. There is have the direct link to the correct download page.

Note: I found the causes for all the bugs John mentioned. I'll try and fix them next week.
2012-06-11 18:25
JAC

I've played around a bit with the help system to learn how it works. The result are embedded offline documents for C64 and Atari 8-bit chips. Thanks to Graham^Oxyron for the permission to include them.

2012-06-12 04:59
Angel of Death

Finally got around to trying your link. Found was I was looking for. Now just find the time to try your great work.
Got any links where I can find some? (or a Tardis) :)
2012-06-12 06:51
JAC

Now sure what you refer to. The links to the Eclise barbone runtime were broken as 3.6.2 is no longer in maintenance.

I have updated the links to point to 3.7.2:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.7.2-201..
2012-06-12 18:14
Angel of Death

:)
You pointed me in the right direction so it took just a few clicks to get into the archives and find what I need.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
CPU Loyal/Tetrar
Freddie
bexxx
rexbeng
Knut Clausen/SHAPE/F..