Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #122077 : Pixcen
2013-10-12 22:51
CRT

Release id #122077 : Pixcen

Hi all!

I'm opening this forum for Pixcen. Please post your feature requests and bug reports here if possible to keep the comment section clean(er).

As of this weekend (2013/10/12) I have hopefully fixed a crash (as reported by Dr.Science & Bamse), changed some menu items and implemented mirror/flip, shift and rotate on selected areas. To be uploaded.

... 134 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2014-08-21 19:34
bugjam

Guess you haven't seen my comment on the entry, therefore here it is again:
"It would then be cool if there would be a predefined 160x200 (or 320x200) pixel selection window, which you can move over the larger converted image to choose which part to save as Koala. Great tool btw, but I think you have heard this before. :-)"
Or did I just miss this option?
2014-08-21 21:26
grasstust

Thanx! But one more thing - it irritates me that the the fill (now) only works once and you go back to normal painting mode straight after. If I want to fill several areas, I should be allowed to without pressing G all the time.

Also, I would really like a total colour-replace fill! Plleeeeeaaaaase! :)
2014-08-21 21:51
aNdy

^ +1
2014-08-22 22:22
CRT

bugjam: Saw you comment/request some time ago but forgot to reply. This is planned at some point together with improved import features.

grasstust: The current fill is a hack since it was a very popular request. The plan is to have a tool window with pen, brushes, fill, shapes and proper cursor icons for the tool selected.

At some point after X2014 I hope to give Pixcen my full attention again.

Edit: Meanwhile, I hope to meet and chat with some of you at X2014. I'd love to get more input first hand.
2014-10-06 01:21
Joe

I actually found this tool just recently to be very helpful,
from doing a rather big scrolling image, visible on X this year
(Despite all the fantastic features of the still awkward Timanthes (atleast for me)
which handles it all perfectly safe).

However, what might annoy me is that there are no tools, such as lines,
circles, arches, dither fill or the most simplest,
to let one actually change color of the char-/pixel- grid?
If one would to implement such an easy task, it would be the latter.
One cannot say when drawing with dark gray, where one char stops and the other begins.
2014-10-06 01:38
CRT

Hi Joe,

All fair requests!

The next big update will target higher level drawing tools among other things.

The grid needs some customization options or I can probably make it adjust the grid brightness automatically.

I'm going to have to spend some month of my life after X bringing Pixcen up a level. I call it a low level pixel editor but in time I hope it will have all the higher level drawing features you would expect.

See you at X?
2014-10-06 01:42
Joe

Great!
No unfortunately not, but you’ll see my artwork.
2014-11-15 20:06
Lead

Any chance on an update anywhere in the future with a color replace feature ? (Using R59 atm)

Really having a hard time getting the background color to the color it needs to be. For some reason I cannot make it choose the color I want.

Tried numourous ways of saving it as PNG or GIF but no luck.

Pixcen is one of the best I've used for converting images to C64 formats, but the background always seem to be some other color than it needs to be.
2014-11-15 21:45
CRT

Hi Lead!

Those features are planned. Both color replacement/remask and a more thorough import where you can lock colors before conversion.

The current import is only using simple color reduction (Project One got more advanced formulas). The background color selected is the one causing least destruction based on the 4th color present in the most cells.

One goal was to be able to export a complex mc bitmap (koala) to PNG and then re-import it without any loss and that is achieved this way.

Locking certain colors before conversion might cause some more destruction but if it is a draft image from Photoshop or similar, it might be a non issue.

I will prioritize this request. Others are asking for it too and I have run into it myself.

Thanks for the feedback!
2014-11-22 15:28
CRT

Lead and others..

Wast just looking at the color mapping/mask during imports. There is a workaround in the current version if a PNG/BMP gets a less desired background color.

1. Import your image as usual.
2. Select the entire image with CTRL+A.
3. Cut out the entire image with CTRL+X.
4. In the cell window, change the global background color (0) but leave it locked (red line).
5. Paste in your image again with CTRL+V, move it into position and click mouse to confirm position.

This will work for other global colors as well if you are converting into character or sprite mode.

The next update on this matter will give the option to pre-configure the cell window at import. This could also be an option in the Tool->Optimize action as it's basically a re-import of the current bitmap. I would rename it to Optimize/Re-mask then.
Previous - 1 | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Krill/Plush
Mr. Spock/T'Pau
Didi/Laxity
Ko-Ko
AMB/Level 64
Freeze/Blazon